Drew Peterson heads to trial. Jury selection begins Monday July 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
After years of waiting, Drew Petersons trial begins tomorrow.

Jury selection begins Monday.

Drew Peterson heads to trial in third wife's death

The case, which begins Monday with jury selection, is sure to rekindle memories of the media frenzy that engulfed Peterson before his arrest

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8744925

Here we go. I swore off following trials after the debacle in Florida, but I just can't help it. My heart still believes in the justice system as a whole, and I love watching the trials. I think I will follow this one.

I too was very upset with the outcome of the Anthony trial. It will be 5 years on October 28th that Stacy Peterson went missing. The Peterson trial is one trial I've looked forward to since that time. I only wish that Stacy's remains had been found and enough evidence to insure Drew Peterson a life sentence.

Thank God! Finally a trial. I am so looking forward to this.

I would give anything if Stacy's remains could be found also, Leila. I cannot imagine what Drew did with her since she never turned up in any of the waterways. We must never give up!

Kathleen Savio deserves justice. I want her family and her children to have justice. Please, God.

Are there going to be cameras in the court room? I, too, have been looking forward to this.

No cameras unfortunately.I really want him to go down big time.

Reading the crawler on IS...

Bail set at 20 million

Facing 20 to 60 years if convicted.

Don't know if thats old news or not?

This forum has been moved to "Trials". Please update your fave places.

May justice be served!!!!

I swear on IS they just said that the defense has Stacy listed as a potential witness :what:

:seeya: Good Morning ... Thank You all for the updates ...

:maddening: I really WISH there were cameras in the courtroom because I was really looking forward to watching this trial LIVE and seeing this "no good :silenced::silenced::silenced:" go down !

:waitasec: And I sure hope there are NO Pinellas :silenced::silenced::silenced: that will be selected to serve on the jury !

:please:

Yep they do.

Stacy Peterson On Drew Peterson Witness List: Alleged Wife-Killer Calls Missing Former Wife To Stand

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/stacy-peterson-on-drew-pe_n_1689824.html

Stacy Peterson on Defense Witness List

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48256421/ns/local_news-chicago_il/#.UA1wB2FPt8E

OMG ! This is just absolutely unbelievable !

:waitasec: Sounds like a "tactic" instigated by Drew himself ... to make it sound like SHE went missing herself, which we KNOW he did it !

:moo:

Is no cameras an Illinois state law or just specific for this trial?

I'm pretty sure this particular Judge ordered no cameras, but I could be wrong.

I seem to be wearing a dunce cap today lol

OMG ! This is just absolutely unbelievable !

:waitasec: Sounds like a "tactic" instigated by Drew himself ... to make it sound like SHE went missing herself, which we KNOW he did it !

:moo:

Looks like Drew Peterson is calling the 'shots' in his defense case. Happy to see this as it doesn't usually work well for the defendant.

Thanks for moving this to the trials forum :) much easier to follow.

Per CBS news local report there was really nothing new. According to his attny Drew is nervous yet confident as he knows he didn't do anything. They also feel that the judge will make the right call on the hearsay statements.

Jury selection going on now - they are going over the 25 page questionaires that over 200 potential jurors filled out and will try to whittle down the 200 to 12 jurors and 4 alternates.

Like I said nothing new.

Before jury selection in Peterson case, judge deals potential blow to prosecution

In a potential blow to the prosecution’s case, Judge Edward Burmila during a brief hearing before jurors entered the courtroom denied a motion to admit each of the hearsay statements against Peterson, saying he would let stand a prior judge's ruling that found eight of the statements were too unreliable to be heard in court.

full article at link ..............http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...updates-july-23-2012-20120723,0,5745862.story

Before jury selection in Peterson case, judge deals potential blow to prosecution

In a potential blow to the prosecution’s case, Judge Edward Burmila during a brief hearing before jurors entered the courtroom denied a motion to admit each of the hearsay statements against Peterson, saying he would let stand a prior judge's ruling that found eight of the statements were too unreliable to be heard in court.

full article at link ..............http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...updates-july-23-2012-20120723,0,5745862.story

Well, crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member