Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    I swear on IS they just said that the defense has Stacy listed as a potential witness
    Yep they do.

Stacy Peterson On Drew Peterson Witness List: Alleged Wife-Killer Calls Missing Former Wife To Stand

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1689824.html

Stacy Peterson on Defense Witness List

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48256421.../#.UA1wB2FPt8E

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wasalurker For This Useful Post:

Thanks for moving this to the trials forum much easier to follow.
    Proud WS N-LIB

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Per CBS news local report there was really nothing new. According to his attny Drew is nervous yet confident as he knows he didn't do anything. They also feel that the judge will make the right call on the hearsay statements.

Jury selection going on now - they are going over the 25 page questionaires that over 200 potential jurors filled out and will try to whittle down the 200 to 12 jurors and 4 alternates.

Like I said nothing new.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wasalurker For This Useful Post:

Before jury selection in Peterson case, judge deals potential blow to prosecution

In a potential blow to the prosecution’s case, Judge Edward Burmila during a brief hearing before jurors entered the courtroom denied a motion to admit each of the hearsay statements against Peterson, saying he would let stand a prior judge's ruling that found eight of the statements were too unreliable to be heard in court.

full article at link ..............http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5745862.story

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Before jury selection in Peterson case, judge deals potential blow to prosecution

In a potential blow to the prosecution’s case, Judge Edward Burmila during a brief hearing before jurors entered the courtroom denied a motion to admit each of the hearsay statements against Peterson, saying he would let stand a prior judge's ruling that found eight of the statements were too unreliable to be heard in court.

full article at link ..............http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5745862.story
    Well, crap.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:

For anyone who wants to refresh their memories, loads of great info compiled

AmandaReckonwith AKA Crankycrankerson

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...vio%20%20-IL-/

Acandyrose

http://www.acandyrose.com/kathleen_savio.htm

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_peterson_timeline.htm

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Heard on IS that Drew is his own Jury Consultant

fwiw

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Also just heard that this Jury pool was selected 2 years ago!!!!

The've had plenty of time to research this case IMO

I don't know if that's good or bad

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Heard on IS that Drew is his own Jury Consultant

fwiw

geez ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post

I was under the impression that the Illinois Supreme Court had ruled on this and the hearsay was coming in.
    My posts are my opinion..........

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Cassandra Cales, sister of Stacy Peterson, left the courtroom shortly after the first set of prospective jurors was sworn in.

“I just wanted to see that this was going to move on, so he can be convicted,” Cales said as she left the courthouse, adding that she intends to return for opening statements next week and to attend each day of the trial. “It feels good to actually see something being done.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,5745862.story
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    My understanding of the hearsay stuff, is that some was ruled out. I think, the way I am hearing it, the prosecution wants the judge to say yes info will be admitted now, before the trial starts.

How I interepreted what I heard on AM 780 WBBM radio was the judge will make the decision as to whether certain hearsay information will be admissable as the prosecution presents it during trial.

I could sware I heard the newscaster on 'BBM say earlier this afternoon (paraphrased from memory) the judge said the prosecution could bring it in but the defense could still object.

anyone else listening to 'BBM? What are they hearing?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    My understanding of the hearsay stuff, is that some was ruled out. I think, the way I am hearing it, the prosecution wants the judge to say yes info will be admitted now, before the trial starts.

How I interepreted what I heard on AM 780 WBBM radio was the judge will make the decision as to whether certain hearsay information will be admissable as the prosecution presents it during trial.

I could sware I heard the newscaster on 'BBM say earlier this afternoon (paraphrased from memory) the judge said the prosecution could bring it in but the defense could still object.

anyone else listening to 'BBM? What are they hearing?
    Yes Cubby, that is the way I remember it also, that some was going to be allowed but some was not.

As far as cameras and Illinois, they are allowed I know as there is a local murder trial that they are allowing cameras (Nicolas Sheeley trial) and I want to say this was the first Illinois trial that they are allowing them. I know they are allowing them, just not certain that it's the first Illinois trial.

Please please please, let's get this creeper convicted and settled into a really nice Illinois prison. I want to see that smugly grin wiped off his chin.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

I don't know if I can deal with this trial right now. I have a bad feeling about it for some reason.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Before jury selection began Monday, Will County Judge Edward Burmila refused prosecutors' request to give them blanket approval to admit eight key hearsay statements. Burmila said he will make a final ruling on the admissibility of each statement only as they come up at trial.

Neither Burmila nor the attorneys spoke in any detail about the substance of the eight statements.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/feature/dr...#ixzz21UP0zVW9

The above best describes what I heard on 'BBM AM 780 radio earlier today.
    ~JMO~

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast