1091 users online (206 members and 885 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - 10 dead, 12 injured in Goliad County crash: 22 people in a Ford F-250 pickup

The accident site is about 100 miles SE of San Antonio, 30 miles east of Beeville.

10 dead, 12 injured in Goliad County crash (San Antonio Express-News)
    Ten people were reportedly killed and a dozen others were injured in a single-vehicle crash near Berclair in Goliad County Sunday evening.
    ---
    Around 7 p.m., the driver of a Ford F-250 pickup veered off of U.S. 59 and crashed into several trees in unincorporated Goliad County.
    ---
    The victims' identities were not immediately known, nor were any further details on the incident.
    ---

I'm trying to figure out how that many people fit into one truck. Praying for those who lost loved ones and to the injured.

Oh no! Prayers going up for everyone involved.

Cherie, I remember years ago there was a pickup truck loaded in front & back with high school kids, something happened, I think the vehicle flipped, & about 10 were killed in the crash..... Fun became tragedy in a split second. I read about it in a ladies magazine... Redbook or something.

How in the world were there that many people in one pick-up truck?!?

That of course was my first thought, hope the families of those who passed are able to find some sort of peace.

I remeber reading about a guy who got a very long prison term for something similar in Texas near the border. He was smuggling in Mexicans, he had like 20 in a Chevy Suburban, rolled it and killed several. Berclair seems to be approx. 150 miles from the US-Mexican border, though. I would assume someone smuggling people would drop them off just over the border, though?

Quote Originally Posted by PHB View Post
    I remeber reading about a guy who got a very long prison term for something similar in Texas near the border. He was smuggling in Mexicans, he had like 20 in a Chevy Suburban, rolled it and killed several. Berclair seems to be approx. 150 miles from the US-Mexican border, though. I would assume someone smuggling people would drop them off just over the border, though?
    Yeah, agreed, a ways from the border, plus driving that many undocumented people in broad daylight isn't the done thing.

Six people could sit in the cab, all wearing seat belts. That would leave 16 in the bed. We've had, I think about a dozen in the back before. Not comfortably, but it was also just traveling less then a mile to get from one farm to another.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yeah, agreed, a ways from the border, plus driving that many undocumented people in broad daylight isn't the done thing.

Good point, I hadn't thought about the time of day. Maybe just a work crew going to or from a jobsite?

Good point, I hadn't thought about the time of day. Maybe just a work crew going to or from a jobsite?
    Perhaps. But, it being a Sunday evening, I'm thinking it was a family or families going home after a day at a lake or something.

I was thinking that too. Even driving slow, which I hope they were with that many people in the bed, if they veered off the road, people in the back would be thrown. I wonder what caused the driver to veer?
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Perhaps. But, it being a Sunday evening, I'm thinking it was a family or families going home after a day at a lake or something.
    Do you know if this area is near a lake? Tia. I'm going to check a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Do you know if this area is near a lake? Tia. I'm going to check a map.
    Thinking....thinking....I've been to Beeville several times but can't remember. D'oh! Haven't been east of there though.

Photo of the crash. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...sh-3726682.php

Fyi Checked the map and didn't see a lake within a few miles of the crash site.

How horrible!!! Jeeze, I just can't imagine veering around anything with that many people in a pick up, not that I would ever think to drive one that loaded with people. Just so senseless.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Photo of the crash. http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...sh-3726682.php

Fyi Checked the map and didn't see a lake within a few miles of the crash site.
    Choke Canyon Reservoir is just outside of Three Rivers, about 48 miles from the accident site.

With that many people in the truck, though, they couldn't have been going very far, I don't think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast