619 users online (78 members and 541 guests)  

Websleuths News

Intruders break into wrong house, apologise

Armed intruders broke into a family's house in Britain, only to apologise and leave again, having realised they intended to beat someone up next door instead.

A woman was upstairs with her children in Swinton, Yorkshire, northern England, when two men armed with a knife and a plank of wood broke in through a back door.

"The intruders made their way upstairs where the occupant was with her two children," a South Yorkshire police spokesman said.

"It became obvious the intruders had got the wrong address and they left, apologising. No threats were made, although the woman was in a distressed state."

The men then forced their way into a house next door and beat up a young man - presumed to be their intended victim - although he was not seriously hurt, the spokesman added.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1273408.htm

I was just thinking that what is missing from most common criminals is politeness and responsibility.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.

Quote Originally Posted by vicktor
    I was just thinking that what is missing from most common criminals is politeness and responsibility.

lol victor! just because your a common criminal doesn't mean you have to be rude.

It just goes to show that good manners can be appropriate in every situation.