1565 users online (296 members and 1269 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    155
    http://www.propertycasualty360.com/2...mployees-attor
    "Penn State is telling subpoenaed employees to hire their own attorneys, which may be paid for by the university’s directors and officers’ insurance coverage."
    On its “Openness” website the State College, Pa.-based university this week released the following statement about the payment of legal fees for employees: “The university is suggesting those individuals who received subpoenas retain their own counsel and the university will agree to reimburse them for their legal expenses, as they were acting within the scope of their employment and in the interest of the university.”

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    155
    There is a federal case which is looking into hush money. I don't know the status of it though.
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...vestigati.html
    "Each year educational institutions like Penn State receive million of dollars in federal money earmarked for certain areas such as defense or medical research and educational programs.
    If that money was used for other purposes, that could be a federal crime, Reinhart said.
    “I’m sure they get all sorts of federal funding that flows into large state university’s like that,” he said. “As part of that sort of grant or funding, you have to certify those funds will only be used for the certain things. That could be why they’d be looking into interactions with Second Mile and Penn State.”
    Fraud could be a possibility if false statements were made to an agency like the NCAA, Reinhart said.
    Something like, “We don’t have any unauthorized persons using the training facilities.”
    Penn State has said that, as part of his retirement agreement, Sandusky kept an office and a key to the Penn State locker room. Sandusky left his coaching job as Paterno’s defensive coordinator after the 1999 season. He was asked, after the 2002 incident, not to bring children with him to the facilities, but university officials testified before a grand jury that the ban was unenforceable.
    If Penn State didn't disclose that to an agency who asked for such information, that could constitute fraud."

  3. #33
    Interesting background information on Curley. He started as a grad assistant under Paterno and worked his way up to AD, Joe's "boss." It doesn't appear that he was "hired" to be Paterno's "boss" as so many have said. And it seems like he was otherwise competent in his work; though with a huge, glaring exception in at least one area...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by nittanylioness234 View Post
    Interesting background information on Curley. He started as a grad assistant under Paterno and worked his way up to AD, Joe's "boss." It doesn't appear that he was "hired" to be Paterno's "boss" as so many have said. And it seems like he was otherwise competent in his work; though with a huge, glaring exception in at least one area...
    Do you have a chronology? Paterno was AD in 1980-82, so he would have a detailed knowledge of how the office functioned.


    What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
    Do you have a chronology? Paterno was AD in 1980-82, so he would have a detailed knowledge of how the office functioned.
    Oh, sorry! Forgot to post the links!


    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...thletic_d.html

    http://www.athleticmanagement.com/20...rley/index.php


    http://www.gopsusports.com/genrel/061609aab.html

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,719
    We might be having some movement on the case. Perjury (F3) and Failure to report (S) have been withdrawn for both Schultz and Curley, but not Spanier. http://www.dauphincounty.org/governm...s/default.aspx

    This could be an indication of a plea deal.


    What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
    We might be having some movement on the case. Perjury (F3) and Failure to report (S) have been withdrawn for both Schultz and Curley, but not Spanier. http://www.dauphincounty.org/governm...s/default.aspx

    This could be an indication of a plea deal.
    Are Curley's and Schultz's pensions at risk, if convicted? That would be a great bargaining chip for the state, if that's the case.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    Are Curley's and Schultz's pensions at risk, if convicted? That would be a great bargaining chip for the state, if that's the case.
    Curley's pension, definitely. Schultz had retired and was retired when he testified; he was brought back about month before this all broke.

    Spanier filed for a discovery order too get the AG's internal e-mail; Schultz joined it. Curley did not.

    I'm reading tea leaves here but I think one Schultz or Curley will flip.


    What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3


Similar Threads

  1. Charles Jaynes, pedophile and murder in Jeffrey Curley case
    By Gardenlady in forum Citizens Against Pedophiles Early Release (CAPER)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2015, 05:31 AM
  2. MA - Jeffery Curley, Cambridge Ma ~ NAMBLA & ACLU
    By LazyCat08 in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 03:14 PM

Tags for this Thread