*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Official List of the deceased
Twelve people who died in the Colorado movie shooting have been identified by the Arapahoe County coroner.
-Jessica Ghawi, 24, of Denver; aspiring sports journalist
-Veronica Moser, 6, whose mother was critically injured
-Matt McQuinn, 27, of Denver; technical support provider
-Alex Sullivan, 27, of Aurora; worked at Red Robin restaurant
- Micayla Medek, 23, of Westminster, Colo.
-John Larimer, 27, of Buckley Air Force Base, Navy cryptologist
-Jesse Childress, 29, of Thornton, Colo., Air Force cyber-systems operator
-Gordon W. Cowden, 51
-Jonathan T. Blunk, 26
-Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
-Alexander C. Teves, 24, earned master's degree in counseling psychology in June from University of Denver
-Alexander J. Boik, 18

Thread #1

Thread #2

Official Documents w/ Links

Reminders...

You can make general references to gun control laws, no in depth discussion on the topic.

Parents and Family members:
NO SLEUTHING them at all
You can discuss them only as to what is reported in MSM.
We are a victim friendly forum, parents and family are victims as well.
Anything unflattering or blaming in nature will be removed.
If more information comes out then this would change, but for now - these people are off limits except for what they themselves put out in the news.
We will make changes and modify rules if and when necessary.

Please Continue Here...

"Fox News has learned that the door was wired with a booby-trap and a backup system that would have triggered an explosive designed to "cut in half" the first person through the door. After that, explosions and flames would have likely consumed the entire building, presumably with the intention of trapping other residents as they slept and forcing a massive response of police and rescue personnel."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/2...-to-kill-even-more-source-says/#ixzz21VLhASX5

People with psychological disorders may display variations in their affect:

may show little outward response to social environments

the face expressionless, and the body immobile.

display of emotion is out of context for the situation

Read more: Affect - person, people, mood, Definition, Description http://www.minddisorders.com/A-Br/Affect.html#ixzz21YTbjQWs

Manifest as a failure to express feelings either verbally or non-verbally,

Especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions.

Has none or nearly no emotional expression.

Instead of being in contact with what is going on'
Diminishment of, or absence of, emotional expressiveness.

Blunted affect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not know how to bring a post forward:

this one is from OneLostGirl
Lots and lots of "normal" people kill. They snap and kill. A person does not have to be mentally ill to kill.. there are millions of mentally ill people in this world who never and would never hurt anyone. Please, please don't turn this into "only a mentally ill person could do this" because it's just not true and it makes society afraid of those of us with mental illness. Many of us with mental illness had to study hard, had stress, rejection, emotional tauma, etc... we did not kill anyone either. Mental illness does not=a killing disease.

I love you songline but Stigma Stigma Stigma

MY REPLY to OLG
If you had read other posts Where I say that many MI people are not dangerous, but some are.
You are correct many MI people live a full and healthy life. You are one of my favorite people to look up to -
you have done an amazing job and I am so proud of you.

but normal people do not kill. and temporary insanity is also not part of being normal.
this guy was MI and EVIL. I also posted that most of the world has challenges, stress,
emotional upheaval and do not kill.

I love you too :blowkiss:

Official List of the deceased
Twelve people who died in the Colorado movie shooting have been identified by the Arapahoe County coroner.
-Jessica Ghawi, 24, of Denver; aspiring sports journalist
-Veronica Moser, 6, whose mother was critically injured
-Matt McQuinn, 27, of Denver; technical support provider
-Alex Sullivan, 27, of Aurora; worked at Red Robin restaurant
- Micayla Medek, 23, of Westminster, Colo.
-John Larimer, 27, of Buckley Air Force Base, Navy cryptologist
-Jesse Childress, 29, of Thornton, Colo., Air Force cyber-systems operator
-Gordon W. Cowden, 51
-Jonathan T. Blunk, 26
-Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
-Alexander C. Teves, 24, earned master's degree in counseling psychology in June from University of Denver
-Alexander J. Boik, 18

Thread #1

Thread #2

:please::please::please:
the oldest one was 51 and the rest are children from 6 - 30 years of age.
most of them in thier 20's. :(
SO sad.

That is mortifing! IMOIMOIMO

Kinda expected like a couple of punks to go buy some smoke bombs by now cause sheer and utter madness (but this time whatever place all screen and auditoriums would have people in them 0
seriouos injuries in stampede

then theatre chains go coo coo armies in theatres!
no purses no backpacks
guards at every exit
metal detectors

total over reaction

but this dude sound AHHHHHHHHHHH

and surprised we all did not "discover" this

great catch

scary

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-totally-faking-sleepy-act-article-1.1120735

The accused Colorado mass murderer’s catatonic courtroom appearance was all an act — and not the result of prescription medications, a jail employee told the Daily News.

James Holmes, 24, was not under the influence of any medication during his strange 12-minute cameo at the Monday hearing, the source insisted Tuesday.

“We don’t just hand out meds,” the Arapahoe County Detention Center worker told the Daily News. “It just doesn’t work like that.

“If he was acting sleepy, he was faking it,” the source added.

Do you think he could be selling those items - what could one person do with that arsonal (unless they have 19 arms!)

This man was not mentally ill. He is just just evil. Normal people do kill. War for example. People defending themselves. They kill and they're normal.

Smart people kill, dumb people, poor, rich, drug induced, not drug induced...

This always happens when there is a mass killing or killing in general. The person must be mentally ill and is labeled as such. He knew what he was doing.

Do you think he could be selling those items - what could one person do with that arsonal (unless they have 19 arms!)

I really don't know why he would be selling items he purchased and had with him or in the car. When exactly would he plan on selling them?

This man was not mentally ill. He is just just evil. Normal people do kill. War for example. People defending themselves. They kill and they're normal.

This always happens when there is a mass killing or killing in general. The person must be mentally ill and is labeled as such. He knew what he was doing.

I have to agree.

And, normal people do kill, all of the time.

I think this guy just wanted to "make a name for himself". Yep, it can be that simple. I've actually heard a confession where the reason was "we were just driving around, it seemed like something to do." Just something to do.

If the jail employees are correct- and this was a "show" for the court and public.. a lot of people bought into it.

Sorry but "normal" people don't just wake up one day and decide, "oh I'm bored and devise an elaborate plan to murder hundreds of people at the movie theatre". I say that is mentally ill. Insane maybe not. Mentally ill, definitely.

I wouldn't include the military in the same category.

:moo:

Some kill because they are angry. No mental illness, just fed up.

Some kill because they caught their spouse in bed with another. That falls under crime of passion.

Some kill for money.

Some kill to be rid of a responsibility.

Some kill for the thrill.

Some kill for notoriety.

I really don't know why he would be selling items he purchased and had with him or in the car. When exactly would he plan on selling them?
No, the guy in Maine, there were like 18 in picture

Some kill because they are angry. No mental illness, just fed up.

Some kill because they caught their spouse in bed with another. That falls under crime of passion.

Some kill for money.

Some kill to be rid of a responsibility.

Some kill for the thrill.

Some kill for notoriety.
IMO, all those could be true, as could mental illiness!

This is in the MSM today:

"The gunman who allegedly killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado was due to be kicked out of his apartment and may have broken up with a girlfriend in the days before his shooting spree, it has emerged."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-shooting-spree-Colorado.html#ixzz21YiEuVpp

Does anyone have any leads on who the girlfriend is?

Apparently, he was prescribed several medications before committing the murders. So, if that is the case, the jail cannot withhold those medications from him. Now, what those medications actually are, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth