Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #3

Lets please try to keep things civil. This is a very sad and tragic incident that has happened. Many people have many different theories thoughts and ideas which is ok. Its good to hear everyones point of view even if we dont agree with them. Its good to talk through things but please keep it nice.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Troubled For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    And I can guarantee at any jail in the country, if you come in spitting at everyone, they are going to medicate you and quickly.
    No. You will quickly be placed in restraints, a spit guard placed on you and moved to isolation. Jails do not take it upon themselves to dispense medication. If you are convulsing on the floor, they'll come in & take you to the hospital. If you are already on a prescription med, you do not automatically get it. It can take days for a prescription to be validated, brought in & dispensed.

I mean, did he say, Hey, I'm on XXX med and I need it!!
    Ok, let me run to CVS and get that for you! Or better yet, have a friend bring in an opened bottle of pills and we'll just take your word on what it is.

He is being held in county, not State or Federal where there is typically medical staff (other than a booking nurse) employed.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    Please stop. Don't make this so personal. It's not necessary.

In my Sheriff days back in CA in the late 1990's, we did NOT automatically send a spitter to the nurse's station for meds.

Spit masks, have them sit there for a few hours. Yep, worked many times.

Just my experience.
    There was never any names given of who exactly claims JH is a spitter. And the jail official denied it. And another article claim JH is very polite and says "thank you" to jail employees who bring him food. There is no indication than this spitting story is any more accurate than the one about JH not being medicated while in jail.
    Just my opinion

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

And I can guarantee at any jail in the country, if you come in spitting at everyone, they are going to medicate you and quickly.
    Not in my county.
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PATX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PATX View Post
    Not in my county.
    Agree. That's what spit masks are for.
    Love you, Littlest Little!

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21142116

In blog posts, at water coolers and on websites, people are endlessly speculating about the demeanor of shooting suspect James Eagan Holmes in his first courtroom appearance Monday.

Levin, the author of "Serial Killers and Sadistic Murderers: Up Close and Personal," has studied mass murderers for more than 30 years.

Holmes' alleged behavior differed from most other mass murderers, and that suggests he is psychotic, Levin said.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

"Other experts, like David Eagleman, director of the Initiative on Neuroscience and the Law, believe that a schizophrenic would have a hard time following such an ambitious plan as that which Holmes allegedly devised."

Read more: Criminology professor says interpreting any expression is subjective - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_21142116#ixzz21ViR7BM6
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Just my opinion

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

The program to which Holmes was accepted last fall admits just six students a year. Candidates have top grades and “near perfect” test scores, Shur said. They undergo a background check but no mental examination. “No program requires psychiatric evaluation, to the best of my knowledge,”

bbm

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Great post sir trying to post this and my ISP crashed !

The NYT has “found” that over 50% of all rampage killers are simply “victims of mental illness.”
    1. www.navlog.org/rampage_killers.html

They plan everything about the killings, he says, except how to get away.
    It's very unusual for the killer to open fire on strangers. He's much more likely to be selective in his choice of victims,"
    "The more indiscriminate the massacre, the more likely it is that mental illness plays a part."
    But they don't 'snap,' as you so often hear people say," Welner says. "It's more like a hinge swings open, and all this anger comes out."
    http://www.businessinsider.com/scien...urderer-2012-7
    The NYT has “found” that over 50% of all rampage killers are simply “victims of mental illness.”
    2. www.navlog.org/rampage_killers.html
    The issue has been studied specifically per rampage killings, and about half of the individuals studied were formally diagnosed mentally ill and often schizophrenic. Many were reported as receiving no treatment for their mental illnesses or were not taking their prescribed medications prior to the rampage killings.
    http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf204653-0-75.html

It also found that rampage killers share several traits. Most are better educated than typical murderers,

Cultural influences on this group, such as violent entertainment, seemed to have little impact. Instead, the most common factor was serious mental health problems.

Most of their rampage attacks were not sudden, impulsive acts but the culmination of years of rage, depression and mental illness.
    http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf204653-0-75.html
    PAXIMUS permission granted! EVERYTHING ABOVE is, opinion, speculation, possibilities, potentialities, within the bounds of possibility, hunch, guesswork, predilection, possible preconceived notions, elucidation, inference, crapshoot, gut feeling, hearsay, suggestions, potentiality, notions, buzz, dish, gossip, hearsay, noise, scuttlebutt, my point of view, rumblings, musings, estimations, suppositions, and whispers and SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT unless otherwise noted.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

(Reuters) - The booby-trapped apartment of the man accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 others in last week's movie theater shooting in Colorado was effectively a "house bomb" rarely seen outside of war zones, a former FBI agent said on Tuesday.

"We've seen them in places like Iraq and Afghanistan," said Lopez, who was an explosives expert during his FBI career, which included a stint in Afghanistan. "But this is the first one that I can actually recall ever reading or seeing about in the United States where it was actually set to destroy the home."
    Lopez said the array in Holmes' apartment, which police believe was designed to kill first responders, required no special training to set up.

"This kind of information exists on the Internet," Lopez said. "If you're looking to wire explosives, it is on the Internet. With a little bit of common sense, and he has quite a bit of that, he's very intelligent, he just put it all together and had something ready for the apartment."
    more at link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86N0WT20120724

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post

The program to which Holmes was accepted last fall admits just six students a year. Candidates have top grades and “near perfect” test scores, Shur said. They undergo a background check but no mental examination. “No program requires psychiatric evaluation, to the best of my knowledge,”

bbm
    I believe it would not even be legal for a school to require psychiatric evaluation.
    Just my opinion

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PATX View Post
    Not in my county.
    I think in may depend on state statues, I worked forensic correctionial and they medicated immed!
    PAXIMUS permission granted! EVERYTHING ABOVE is, opinion, speculation, possibilities, potentialities, within the bounds of possibility, hunch, guesswork, predilection, possible preconceived notions, elucidation, inference, crapshoot, gut feeling, hearsay, suggestions, potentiality, notions, buzz, dish, gossip, hearsay, noise, scuttlebutt, my point of view, rumblings, musings, estimations, suppositions, and whispers and SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT unless otherwise noted.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_1...ght-incidents/

At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *~Aimee~* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post

bbm
    I would think, especially in grad school (often small group who "travel" the program together(!) collegues, academic folks would be certainly alarmed if someones performance plummeted as it has been reported JH did.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by *~Aimee~* View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_1...ght-incidents/

At least 3 men accused of making threats during or after watching the new Batman movie have been arrested in separate incidents, underscoring moviegoers' anxieties and heightened security in the wake of a deadly mass shooting at a Colorado theater showing the film.
    I saw this did your opinion of situation change when you got to the last third (I think mine was MSNBC! That one linked here in Maine is really really really scary tho !

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I think in may depend on state statues, I worked forensic correctionial and they medicated immed!
    Seriously? Just for spitting? Good Lord, we had arrestees spit at us/on us in the patrol car and we'd get to the jail and they'd spit away. Never once!!!! did we request, or did any jailer decide a person needed to be medicated because they were spitting. Geez, that seems a little extreme.
    Love you, Littlest Little!

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

People with psychological disorders may display variations in their affect:

may show little outward response to social environments

the face expressionless, and the body immobile.

display of emotion is out of context for the situation

Read more: Affect - person, people, mood, Definition, Description http://www.minddisorders.com/A-Br/Af...#ixzz21YTbjQWs

Manifest as a failure to express feelings either verbally or non-verbally,

Especially when talking about issues that would normally be expected to engage the emotions.

Has none or nearly no emotional expression.

Instead of being in contact with what is going on'
    Diminishment of, or absence of, emotional expressiveness.

Blunted affect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    According to this article, the coward who shall remain nameless had none of the symptoms of blunted affect as he went on his rampage. he sure wasn't immobile or without expression. Instead, he was running around the theater, screaming at people:
    As Young lay prone, Davies watched the shooter move around the room, shouting and targeting fellow moviegoers.
    “He would shout, ‘What are you doing? I said stand up!’ And he would pick people up. I saw him stand over someone. I just see hair and him holding the shirt, and boom,” she said.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...841,full.story

This is horrifying to me. Horrifying. As frightened people huddled on the ground, this horrible monster screamed at them to get up and when they wouldn't he shouted, "I said stand up!" while grabbing them and pulling them upright. Once he got them upright, he blew them away.

The evil in that makes my stomach sick - methodically compelling terrified innocent people to stand up and be shot like cattle.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

32. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

Aurora theater shooting: Gun sales up since tragedy (Denver Post)
    Background checks for people wanting to buy guns in Colorado jumped more than 41 percent after Friday morning's shooting at an Aurora movie theater, and firearms instructors say they're also seeing increased interest in the training required for a concealed-carry permit.

"It's been insane," Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker, said Monday.
    ---
    the rest at the link above

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

And I also presume he wasn't confused when he allegedly set up a very elaborate apartment bomb. Yes, of course, you can find anything on the internet (I presume that was where he acquired the knowledge) but most people would not be able to manage something like that and not blow themselves up in the process. But now he is supposedly confused in court.
    Just my opinion

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Wow

I just tried to get the picture of all the guns this guy , according to them , had They took the picture down?

THey sure did - cause I sent it to my talk radio folk about 45 minutes ago and now the pic is not on the page????????????????
    Gave me chills

AHHHHHHHHHH

38. The Following User Says Thank You to CARIIS For This Useful Post:

Baby of man wounded in Colo. shooting is born (AP)
    DENVER (AP) -- A woman whose husband was critically wounded in the Colorado movie theater shooting has given birth to the couple's first child.

Hugo Jackson Medley was born at 7:11 a.m. MT Tuesday at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, the same hospital where his father, 23-year-old Caleb Medley, lies in critical condition.
    ---

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I just tried to get the picture of all the guns this guy , according to them , had They took the picture down?

THey sure did - cause I sent it to my talk radio folk about 45 minutes ago and now the pic is not on the page????????????????
    Gave me chills

AHHHHHHHHHH
    ah forgot
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48292930/ns/us_news/

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Aurora theater shooting: Gun sales up since tragedy (Denver Post)

If this people worry about gun control, I think it's a fair guess they shouldn't. Nobody is going to take their guns away. Politicians are scared to bring that up because they are afraid of not getting elected.
    Just my opinion

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

that is absolutely not true.
    you start spitting, they will throw you into solitary confinement....probably put a mask over your face - looks like pantyhose sort of...a spit mask...

jails do not typically have a pharmacy on site. they are not doctors. nor is a jail a medical facility. they cant just hand out meds not knowing the inmates medical history. he was not in jail long enough to even get a full medical history completed much less a psyc profile done.
    dum spiro, spero

45. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

I saw this did your opinion of situation change when you got to the last third (I think mine was MSNBC! That one linked here in Maine is really really really scary tho !
    I agree the Maine one is def scary! He needed to be arrested/detained. Why would anyone need all this amo/guns?

Then the other 2 are not as bad. I could see a teen (not 52 yo) saying something like that. I would hope someone older would have more respect for the victims.

The 3rd is crazy too.

I bet we see more & more of this. If not stop showing the movie? I doubt the later so we will hear more getting detained/questioned for statement.

"She's Going Places," A Tribute Song For Caylee Anthony
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLudQC0MBJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY
    White Lion - When The Children Cry

47. The Following User Says Thank You to *~Aimee~* For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast