Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SuperDave's book-is it still a go?

SuperDave's book-is it still a go?

Does anyone know if SuperDave's book is still in the making? I haven't seen him post in a while or heard anything about it.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Does anyone know if SuperDave's book is still in the making? I haven't seen him post in a while or heard anything about it.
    We must be on the same wavelength. I was thinking about Dave all morning. I hope he is okay as I thought for sure he of all people would have been here for this....

OOOHHH Dave, come out come out where ever you are! Olly Olly oxen free!!!!!
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agatha_C For This Useful Post:

Part of me has been wondering if SD did already release his book. Catch my drift? This could be because I am new and really know nothing about any of these senior members.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Olivia&Eve For This Useful Post:

Nah, Dave's voice is very different, but interesting idea!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderllama For This Useful Post:

It's a shame he couldn't get his book out first...I hope he is ok , let us know Dave!

nah SD isn't Kolar...I always thought he was S Thomas lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FairM For This Useful Post:

On the radio show on Sunday, Tricia asked Carol a question "from SuperDave".

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

BOESP,
    Last I heard he was preparing for publication. With Kolar's book being released I reckon SuperDave will probably revise sections of his book.

I have no doubt in the near future we will see SuperDave's book on sale. Also publishing never mind self-publishing can be a tricky business, particularly from a legal aspect.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:

Thanks folks. Sounds like we'll just have to wait and see.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Mr. Kolar knew and just beat Dave to the punch? Quite unfortunate the more I think about it.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Roy23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    I wonder if Mr. Kolar knew and just beat Dave to the punch? Quite unfortunate the more I think about it.
    Except there are already like 15 books about this case on the market....I don't see why it would matter at this point.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Odd that he hasn't posted in a month. Would be interesting to get his take on Kolar's book and give us an update on his book.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

I suspect he's adding in a new chapter.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderllama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    I suspect he's adding in a new chapter.
    Should be interesting!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

Yes hopefully SuperDave is still going to release his book. Although Kolar had access to all the evidence I think he lacks the passion that SuperDave has in presenting the facts. Having said that, I haven't read Kolar's book yet but it is on order. Just from hearing him on a couple of radio shows it is obvious he is not quite as obsessed (despite what Lacy says) or as knowledgeable as some here.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RedWing7 For This Useful Post:

I can imagine SuperDave perhaps feeling somewhat bitter about Kolar's book. I couldn't blame him. He's worked hard on his own research, but it's very difficult to get a nonfiction book published today, unless you have a "name" or are directly connected to the subject you're writing.

Has anyone been in contact with him?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unreals For This Useful Post:

You BET it's still on!

You folks deserve an explanation. A few days after my last posting, I had a little accident. I'm perfectly fine now, but my nerves were hurt more than anything. During that time, I started to think to myself, "is it really worth all the frustration?"

Bottom line, folks: I was fed up with the bulls**t, never getting anywhere, and I was afraid--I'll say it: afraid--that I wouldn't be 100% anymore.

But that's in the past. You can BET on it.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha_C View Post
    We must be on the same wavelength. I was thinking about Dave all morning. I hope he is okay as I thought for sure he of all people would have been here for this....

OOOHHH Dave, come out come out where ever you are! Olly Olly oxen free!!!!!
    I wish I HAD been, Agatha! If I had known about this, you couldn't have DRAGGED me away. I've missed out on a lot.
    All posts made by me are MY exclusive property, and are NOT to be used or reproduced without my permission. DAVE SMASH THIEVES!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    Nah, Dave's voice is very different, but interesting idea!
    I guess it was inevitable that someone would think that. God knows that people have been guessing my identity for a long time.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FairM View Post
    It's a shame he couldn't get his book out first...
    Agreed. But, such is the way of life. I'm not too upset. Not about THAT, anyway. Other things, I'm VERY upset about!

I hope he is ok , let us know Dave!
    I'm fully recovered, FairM. But I'm not "okay," in the true sense. Pretty soon, I'll show you.

nah SD isn't Kolar...I always thought he was S Thomas lol
    Yeah, I know. I thought a few things about you, too. I'll let you think about that one for a while.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I haven't had time to listen to these shows yet. (If someone could compile the links for me, it'd make the world a better place.) It must have been an old question! What was it, out of curiosity?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    BOESP,
    Last I heard he was preparing for publication. With Kolar's book being released I reckon SuperDave will probably revise sections of his book.

I have no doubt in the near future we will see SuperDave's book on sale. Also publishing never mind self-publishing can be a tricky business, particularly from a legal aspect.

Under the terms of my contract, I'm not sure I CAN revise it at this point. And even if I can, I'd have to know more about Kolar's book before I did.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    I wonder if Mr. Kolar knew and just beat Dave to the punch?
    I don't know. I never talked to him, if that's what you mean. I had no idea that he was writing one. It's possible he knew about mine, but I doubt that had any bearing on the timing. Like myself, he'd been working on this for a long time.

Quite unfortunate the more I think about it.
    Unfortunate in what way? I see it as a good thing. It will inspire new interest.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RedWing7 View Post
    Yes hopefully SuperDave is still going to release his book. Although Kolar had access to all the evidence I think he lacks the passion that SuperDave has in presenting the facts. Having said that, I haven't read Kolar's book yet but it is on order. Just from hearing him on a couple of radio shows it is obvious he is not quite as obsessed (despite what Lacy says) or as knowledgeable as some here.
    It would be hard to have my kind of passion!

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unreals View Post
    I can imagine SuperDave perhaps feeling somewhat bitter about Kolar's book. I couldn't blame him.
    Should I be?

He's worked hard on his own research, but it's very difficult to get a nonfiction book published today, unless you have a "name" or are directly connected to the subject you're writing.
    Isn't that the truth! It took me two years to find a publisher who would accept it on terms that I found agreeable.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperDave For This Useful Post:

Glad to see you back. Sorry to hear about your accident.

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast