Sherman Hemsley, sitcom favorite as George Jefferson, dead at 74

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
‘Jeffersons’ Star Sherman Hemsley Dies at 74 (ABC News)
Sherman Hemsley, the actor best known for playing George Jefferson on “All in the Family” and “The Jeffersons,” has died, his publicist confirmed to ABCNews.com. He was 74.

His cause of death was not immediately known.
---
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY"]The Jeffersons Original Theme Song - YouTube[/ame]

Classic Sherman Hemsley moments, including "All in the Family"'s 'Lionel is Engaged' episode: Huffington Post

Classic "Jeffersons" theme song co-written (with Jeff Barry) and sung by Ja'net Dubois.

Awww:frown: I loved The Jeffersons.Bless his heart.

I don't know why it bothered me so much, but the local news lady we have here kept pronouncing his last name as "HELMS-ly" instead of "HEMS-ley". Don't they read their script beforehand??? Can it really take that long to do?

I mean, the guy has passed away...can you at least get his name right?

She has a habit of not pronouncing things right, though...maybe she's dyslexic and I should cut her some slack.

RIP Mr. Hemsley and thank you so much for all the laughs. I will always remember watching The Jeffersons when I was a kid and laughing so hard when George would strut. He was so funny and a good actor. He will be missed.

Body of actor Sherman Hemsley remains stored in El Paso funeral home freezer

Friends of Sherman Hemsley are sad and angry that the beloved actor's remains remain stored in a freezer of an East El Paso funeral home as his will is contested.
Hemsley's estate was left to Flora Isela Enchinton, 56, after he died on July 24 of lung cancer in El Paso.

However, a Philadelphia man named Richard Thornton is challenging the will, claiming he is the Hemsley's brother and rightful beneficiary.

Enchinton disagrees.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_21426635/body-actor-sherman-hemsley-remains-stored-el-paso

Body of actor Sherman Hemsley remains stored in El Paso funeral home freezer

Friends of Sherman Hemsley are sad and angry that the beloved actor's remains remain stored in a freezer of an East El Paso funeral home as his will is contested.
Hemsley's estate was left to Flora Isela Enchinton, 56, after he died on July 24 of lung cancer in El Paso.

However, a Philadelphia man named Richard Thornton is challenging the will, claiming he is the Hemsley's brother and rightful beneficiary.

Enchinton disagrees.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_21426635/body-actor-sherman-hemsley-remains-stored-el-paso

How much does this stink that a man that was so private now is waiting to be buried and the world knows about it?

Mr. Hemsley was from Philly. I am pretty sure he went to Bok and I recall my dad saying he worked for the post office I think. Great memories of my dad laughing his head off at "George" especially when he'd go over to "Archie's" house.

May he rest in peace no matter where his body is.

Lesson to all: Make disposition arrangements as a separate instrument, not part of a Will. Consult a lawyer, leave your wishes clearly stated.

This case reminds me of the one surrounding the death of James Brown...same money-ugly and disgusting too.

RIP Sherman Hemsley...your spirit has flown and is free of the earthly battles surrounding your life, and death

~jmo~

It's so pathetic, disgusting & revolting how they keep these deceased celebrities on ice these days while fighting over money and/or where to bury them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back