07-25-2012, 12:28 PM #1
OK - Samantha Weaver, 27, Shawnee, 15 June 2012
Posted: Jul 24, 2012 11:46 PM EDT
Updated: Jul 25, 2012 8:19 AM EDT
By Havonnah Johnson, News 9
Family Searches For Shawnee Mother Missing For More Than A Month
Last edited by summer_breeze; 07-28-2012 at 07:21 AM.
07-28-2012, 07:22 AM #2
Shawnee mother of two is missing; police suspect foul play
BY ANN KELLEY | Published: July 28, 2012
SHAWNEE — Police are not confident a missing Shawnee woman is still alive, although her mother says she has not given up hope. Samantha Weaver, 27, was reported missing on June 15.
07-28-2012, 09:40 AM #3
Police looking for Okla. woman who disappeared
Posted: 7:44 AM
Last Updated: 39 minutes ago
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) -- Police and family members are looking for a Shawnee woman who has been missing since last month.
07-29-2012, 03:25 AM #4
OK - Samantha Weaver, 27, Shawnee, 15 June 2012
Missing Shawnee Woman
Samantha Weaver, 27, has been missing for six weeks. She was last seen at Riverwind Casino in Norman on June 15th, and was last heard from through a text message at about 6:30 p.m. that day, he family said.
"It worries me because she's never gone, in the two years we've been apart, she's never gone 24 hours without seeing the girls, contacting me," said Billy Jack Kirkpatrick, Weaver's ex-husband and best friend. They have two young girls together. "The family and me we know that something had to have happened to her, because she wouldn't have been gone this long for any reason."
http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_s...vid_5778.shtmlYou are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...
07-29-2012, 03:27 AM #5
Details of the disappearance have frustrated the family, and an eerie text message sent to her daughter's father haunts them.
"She sent a message saying ‘I just woke up, something doesn't feel right.' You automatically think the worst," Weaver's sister Christy Busch said.
"From the time she sent that text message, no one has seen her in the town of Shawnee," Phil Busch, Weaver's brother, said.
Weaver has a tattoo of a care bear on her shoulder and tribal art on her lower back.
http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=19105458You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...
07-29-2012, 03:31 AM #6
Family pleads for safe return of Shawnee mother
Samantha Beth Weaver, 27, reported missing
You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...
07-29-2012, 03:32 AM #7
Samantha's facebook page-
https://www.facebook.com/trixy11You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...
07-31-2012, 11:29 AM #8
More property will be searched to find missing Shawnee mother
UPDATED 9:06 AM CDT Jul 31, 2012
Investigators believe foul play was involved in disappearance of Samantha Weaver
08-02-2012, 06:59 AM #9
Foul play suspected in woman’s disappearance
12:06 pm - August 01, 2012 — Updated: 12:06 pm - August 01, 2012
Short article at link
08-07-2012, 11:25 PM #10
Police confirm they've searched several properties and interviewed dozens of witnesses, the person of interest in the case is the same man, Weaver was last seen with
08-11-2012, 12:51 AM #11
Bumping for Samantha
02-10-2013, 04:34 PM #12Former Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2006
Missing mother of two: After seven months, search continues for Samantha Weaver
Family members are still waiting and hoping for word about a Shawnee mother of two who went missing more than seven months ago.
07-06-2013, 05:30 PM #13Former Member
- Join Date
- May 2011
02-02-2014, 10:08 AM #14
Date last seen
June 15, 2012 00:00
Age last seen
27 to years old
29 years old
02-05-2014, 07:10 PM #15Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2014
Based on the information given, here is what I have come up with:
Samantha Weaver - Missing Person; Female, 27
Billy Jack Kirkpatrick (Ex-Fiance) - Male, Age ~28
Samantha's current boyfriend - Male, Age unknown, Identity unknown
Fact: On June 14th, Samantha went with a few friends to Riverwind Casino. Later that day, her friends dropped her off near a house in Shawnee.
Assumption: The location that she was dropped off at was the intersection of Wallace and Kickapoo. I'm assuming this is the correct location as it is the last place she was seen.
Assumption: She successfully made it to whatever house she was going to. The news article does not specify the details of this house. I'm assuming it was either her house or the house of the man that she was currently dating.
Fact: Sent two text messages:
a) 1 to her ex-fiance that said "I Just woke up, something doesn't feel right".
b) 1 to her ex-fiance that said "Im coming in a bit sweets I need you I think I missed a lot while asleep"
Fact: Shawnee police believe the primary suspect is the man she was last seen with.
1) Samantha was murdered by the man she was currently dating. I think this is the most likely scenario. She probably went to visit this man after her casino trip. Subsequently, she awoke after a nap and got in an emotional argument with him. As a result, something happened, whether on purpose or by accident, and she was killed. To try and cover up the tracks, this man hid the body.
2) Samantha was abducted on her way to the ambiguous 'House'. This is probably unlikely. Although she did not live in the best area of Shawnee, I still don't see an abduction like this happening here. What would be the motivation behind an abduction of a 27 year old mother? I could see potential for a 17 year old teen, but not a 27 year old mother.
3) Samantha was abducted on her way to see her kids. Same comments as option 2.
4) Samantha was murdered by her ex-fiance. This is pretty unlikely as her ex-fiance has been quoted by the media as being very concerned over her disappearance, but this still should be mentioned. What if she arrived at his house to see the kids and got in a heated argument with her ex-fiance. I'm assuming they are no longer engaged for a reason. And was there some sort of custody battle going on? Hard to tell from the outside looking in, but I'm sure the family, and hopefully the police, know the details.
5) Samantha was raped and murdered by a local admirer. This scenario is out of left field, but I figured it was worth a mention. Since Samantha frequented the Sinclair gas station at the Kickapoo and Wallace intersection, she probably knew the employees and possible the other frequent customers. Since she was last seen at this intersection, maybe this 'admirer' abducted her, knocked her out, raped her (hence text message 'I just woke up, something doesn't feel right'), got in a shockingly emotional argument, and subsequently left in a panic to find her ex-fiance (hence the text message 'Im coming in a bit sweets I need you I think I missed a lot while asleep'). I think the logical thing to do would be to call 911, but due to the shock, it may not have entered her mind.
Additional Thoughts: I think the Shawnee police are pretty sure they know what happened, but they do not currently have a strong enough case to convict the suspect. They would probably need to find her remains. I suppose they could also try to build a case via testimonies. Regardless, this is a very sad story and I hope that someone can find some answers.
Last edited by PokeyMeansBusiness; 02-05-2014 at 07:34 PM.
By oh_gal in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 117Last Post: 10-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Recovered/Located KS - Stephanie L. Scott, 33, Shawnee, 9 June 2014By los2188 in forum Located! Information and SupportReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2014, 10:10 PM
By laura08 in forum 2000's MissingReplies: 566Last Post: 03-07-2013, 02:42 AM
By lady-eowyn in forum Crimes in the NewsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-10-2005, 03:58 PM