MD MD - Kidnapping of Violet Ripken, 74, Aberdeen, 24 July 2012

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Police: Cal Ripken Jr.'s mother safe after abduction (wbal.com)
BALTIMORE - Police in Aberdeen, Harford County, said the mother of famed Baltimore Orioles slugger Cal Ripken Jr. is safe after being abducted from her home Tuesday morning.

Police said Violet Ripken, 74, of Aberdeen, was taken by a man between 7 and 8 a.m. after he pulled out a handgun and forced her into a vehicle.
---
Multiple sources told 11 News and sister station WBAL-AM Radio that the man tied Ripken up in the back seat of her car and drove to Baltimore County. The sources said a citizen spotted Ripken, and the man told that person that his mom was ill and he was taking her to a hospital. The sources said the citizen didn't buy the story and called police.

Sources told 11 News that the man drove her all over the state and never asked for any form of ransom.
---

much more at link above

Fortunately, she is safe.

There is one very unpopular guy in Baltimore tonight; he should hope the police get him and not fans.

The 74-year-old mother of Hall of Fame infielder Cal Ripken was safe Wednesday, a day after an armed man abducted her from her home northeast of Baltimore, police said.

Vi Ripken was kidnapped between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. Tuesday by a man who forced her into her car, according to Aberdeen police. She was found about 6:15 a.m. Wednesday unharmed in her car near her home in Aberdeen, a middle class neighborhood of about 15,000 people some 25 miles from Baltimore.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/cal-ripken-jr-mother-abducted-baltimore-armed-robbery-072512

First Michael Jackson's mom is *cough* 'visiting' some family and now some loser abducts Cal, Jr.'s mom. Who's next?

:eek:hoh:

Jacie, would it be awful of me to answer your question with "Why not the Kardashians?" :D

Who the H*** 'steals' Cal Ripkin's mom? That's gotta be some serious karma infraction.

Where were Janet and Tito? :D

Celebrities need to start locking up their moms to keep them safe lol... :what:

Unbelievable.

I should check around in DS's room, look for duct tape/rope or large bills. :floorlaugh:

:eek:hoh:

Jacie, would it be awful of me to answer your question with "Why not the Kardashians?" :D

:rocker: :skip:

Can I add Snooki and every other "reality star"? Especially the moms on Toddlers and Tiaras.

Ok, back to the serious subject that started this thread; http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Cal-Ripken-Jr-Mom-s-kidnapping-bizarre-3759076.php

...The Hall of Fame infielder, speaking publicly for the first time about the abduction, said he doesn't know why his 74-year-old mother, Vi, was kidnapped at gunpoint from her home outside Baltimore, blindfolded and driven around for nearly 24 hours. She was found unharmed in her car early the next morning, near her home....

:waitasec:

I cannot imagine the fear the Ripken family had during that 24 hours.
And I am torn between the emotions of gratitude that the perp did not physically harm her and allowed her to be returned to those who love her, and OUTRAGE that he committed this crime in the first place!

Wow, what a completely bizarre crime! I'm glad they finally put out some more info on it, and released those pics.

I always assumed he was in a dungeon under Camden Yards.Yes,this is a strange case.

attachment.php
[h=1]Officer released an updated sketch (r) of the man they believe kidnapped Violet Ripken.[/h]
Police have released an updated, age progression composite sketch of the man they believe kidnapped Cal Ripken Jr.'s mother five years ago.

Violet Ripken, the widow of Major League Baseball coach Cal Ripken Sr., was abducted at gunpoint from the driveway of her Maryland home in July 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 17

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members