The Theater and the Shooting

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Some of you have been putting information together about the theater itself.
Please discuss here.

When you purchase a ticket for a specific movie - you do not know which theatre the movie plays until the ticket is handed to you. The reason for the midnight showing was due to the release date of July 20. This being the premiere. So anytime after midnight on Thursday is fairgame - instead of just waiting until Friday opening morning.

Anyways knowing that you have a ticket for theatre 9 which you just purchased and most likely had no control over as however many theatres are showing Dark Knight - weather it be the 12:00 - the 12:10 - the 12:20 and so on - you would most likely say 1 for Dark Knight. Possibly 12:00 showing and if it is not sold out you are handed a ticket it would say theatre 9.

Ok now you know where you're gonna be. And you go take your seat. How from sitting in your seat would you know the relation to the front parking lot - where you presumably just parked - to the exit door of theatre 9 to have your car there. The movie complex is huge. No way could you know by looking at your ticket that just says 9 that you could park right outside of it.

Some witness accounts say JH purchased ticket went directly to 9 and took his seat. Went to exit stage left with phone and motioned to someone.

The only way it would make sense is if he was showing a driver where the entrance {exit} is. Then JH is not seen again in street clothes. If you listen to the 911 tape the suspect is wearing a plaid shirt. Either a second person is all geared up and enters or JH changes into gear.

Interesting post! But I think the shootings were in Theater 9.

I haven't been to the theater in a few years but could JH have arrived early and asked to be seated in Theater 9?

I'm pretty sure that JH exited, and re-entered, on the right side of the theater.

I am getting sleepy and trying to go by memory of watching numerous newsclips. The basic idea is the same. Oh I missed a question. How he would know which theatres are sold out and which are not at time of purchase when all showings ended up being sold out is more likely to purchase the usual way ask for one for Dark Knight at certain time. Asking for a ticket for Dark Knight Theatre 9 would just coincide with a certain time. And if that showing was sold out - they would have sold him a ticket for the next showing. Which would have been in a completely different theatre.

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=4534160

20120721_015723_CD0721SHOOTSCENE.jpg

The following is a transcript of the first 30 minutes of the call log from Aurora Police Department dispatch tapes after the fatal shootings at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado.

1:00:07 315 and 314, first shooting at century theatres, 14 300 East Alameda avenue, they're saying somebody's shooting in the auditorium. 01:00:16

01:00:30 315 and 314 there is at least 1 person that's been shot but they're saying there's hundreds of people just running around. 01:00:36

01:03:42 315 be advised i think somebody's sprayed some gas over there too. 01:03:46

01:03:59 316 I need a rescue in here hot, see we got a guy shot. Inside of theater 9? Just outside of theater 9. 01:04:08

01:04:25 Team 6 we got another person outside shot in the leg, a female, i got people running outside the theater that are shot in room 9. 01:04:33

01:04:39 318 I got another victim on the north side of this theater the parking lot. 01:04:43

01:05:05 From what I’m smelling inside I can – smells like it’s OC, maybe 2

01:05:14 Get us some damn gas masks for theater 9 we can’t get in it

01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22

01:06:50 Everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him I've got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05

01:09:23 16 I got 7 down in theater 9! & down! 01:09:28

01:09:58 one of the shooters might be wearing a white and blue plaid shirt 01:10:03

01:10:09 I’ve got a child victim, I need rescue at the back door of theater 9 now! 01:10:13

01:12:29 (woman crying hysterically, help!) 01:12:34 (heard in the background; it’s a woman with a groaning cry)

01:13:07 I’ve got one victim eviscerated 01:13:09

01:14:21 I need somebody to shut this movie off in 9, how do we shut the movie off in 9?

01:14:29 Everybody get on this, it's an assault rifle, we got magazines down inside, everybody watch out for the assault rifle. 01:14:35

01:14:55 Do I have permission to start taking some of these victims via car? We’ve got a whole bunch of people shot out here and no rescue … yes, load ‘em up, get ‘em in cars, get ‘em out of here.

01:15:08 We have one we cannot move in theater 9

01:15:23 Notify all the hospitals we’ve got people coming in

01:16:12 If they are mobile, get them outside. We’ve got a few that are not mobile.

01:23:47 The guy's still in theater 9 I'm working on a backboards for that female. 01:23:51

01:25:01 Suspect is going to be male, unknown race, black camo outside outfit believed to be wearing a vest, gas mask and multiple long guns. 01:25:10

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hold_that_suspect_transcript_shows_Ue328L8ICj9Co1B2E9dYLN

Sounds like they didn't know exactly who the shooter was in that moment or how many there were. Somebody on here posted in the General thread last night a full detailed timeline (from I think Reddit). It seems as if they were also dealing with the mall also.

Hello

I am still trying to understand how the bullets also reached Theater 8 .
I understand that it penetrated the wall per the news but still i am having some doubts...

Some shots fired in theater 9 penetrated the walls of adjacent auditoriums, hitting at least one person in theater 8 next door.

Read more: Family identifies 27-year-old victim of Aurora theater shooting - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...le-shot-at-aurora-movie-theater#ixzz21l6WhRFk
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Anyways knowing that you have a ticket for theatre 9 which you just purchased and most likely had no control over as however many theatres are showing Dark Knight - weather it be the 12:00 - the 12:10 - the 12:20 and so on - you would most likely say 1 for Dark Knight. Possibly 12:00 showing and if it is not sold out you are handed a ticket it would say theatre 9.

Ok now you know where you're gonna be. And you go take your seat. How from sitting in your seat would you know the relation to the front parking lot - where you presumably just parked - to the exit door of theatre 9 to have your car there. The movie complex is huge. No way could you know by looking at your ticket that just says 9 that you could park right outside of it.

Since the tickets were purchased in advance he would know what theater it was playing in (house 9). He probably bought the ticket 2-3 days beforehand and visited the theater to check out house 9 ahead of time. He would probably want to scope out the exits etc...

Then that night he either parked right outside the back door, or moved his car closer after he stepped out the back.

[video=youtube;t7Pfqm_n7Vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Pfqm_n7Vk[/video]

4 Hours 40 Minutes Aurora Police Scanner 20 July 2012.

Feeds include the Colorado Mutual-aid from other agencies, The Aurora Fire Rescue, Aurora P.D.

Hello

I understand that it penetrated the wall per the news but still i am having some doubts...

The wall between theater 8 and 9 was probably little more than drywall. Rifle bullets would penetrate such a wall easily.

Hello

The interior walls between the theaters would be thin and heavily padded to block sound.

High caliber bullets would go through them like butter. That is a basic home defense tactic, if you know an intruder is in the house you don't need to see them, shoot them through the walls/interior doors before they see you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Pfqm_n7Vk

4 Hours 40 Minutes Aurora Police Scanner 20 July 2012.

Feeds include the Colorado Mutual-aid from other agencies, The Aurora Fire Rescue, Aurora P.D.

Good link but I couldn't get it to play correctly (would start but stall). It is interesting to hear the first responders/cops, most sound stressed but calm, some sound like they are freaking out, some victims can be heard wailing. The female dispatcher is awesome, fast, accurate and professional. Here is an 18 min scanner recording that does seem to work: [video=youtube;DkUi6q5kgbU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkUi6q5kgbU&feature=related[/video]

No, I meant the second time... why did he leave? Why didnt the police find him shooting people in the theater? what prompted him to leave?

No, I meant the second time... why did he leave? Why didnt the police find him shooting people in the theater? what prompted him to leave?
there was a young male survivor who reported using a rear exit
while he was helping an injured girl, they were outside
when JH came toward them from outside, the young man
managed to get back in & lock JH outside.
i'll try to find the interview.

EDIT: the reason i guess he left the second time
was to get another weapon? maybe he didn't realize
how difficult it would be to reload in the dark in a gas-mask
while wearing gloves.

he wasn't dressed in his full gear (full body armour, gas mask and toting a shot gun and assault rifle, two tear gas cannisters) when he first entered the theatre was he?

Thought he left to get dressed and get his weapons......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back