Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    At my college, a large number of students had all manner of crazy colored hair, orange would be the tamest.

It's not really something that people even notice in this day and age any longer.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to newsleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by newsleuther View Post
    At my college, a large number of students had all manner of crazy colored hair, orange would be the tamest.

It's not really something that people even notice in this day and age any longer.
    With all the latest technology out there , it simply changed a lot but there will a grumpy teacher that will always exist and will hate one student just because..... . Just like in a work place... some people are getting fired at work just because of their hair. This is a vague topic , so general but it is just common sense that they clearly exist.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

Why did JH send this package???? I do not for one single moment think it was meant to be some sort of "intervention" where he would be "caught" before he carried out his atrocious act. This guy did NOT intend to be caught.... if he did, he would have been on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc.... I wonder if he deliberately sent it so it would be "lost" in the shuffle, and he could then use it to throw another layer of blame onto the University - and another layer of controvery for future lawyers? I work for a large University system, probably similar to the one in Colorado. Our mail system is FAMOUS for being slow... and unfortunately, for losing items. I would love to know how he addressed the package - if it was addressed to "Dr X" in "Building Y" - KNOWING that Dr. X did NOT work in Building Y, that would certainly delay it's delivery. In other words, I can see this sly little "Joker" deliberately putting the wrong building/name on the package to intentionally delay it's delivery. Bottom line - he sent it... that equals premeditation, which equals sanity. MOO...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

I have 2 kids in college so I understand the freedom to express one's self. But based on all previous reports and pictures, I think it is important to understand when he started making changes to his previous life style (hair color, gun/ammo/body armour, etc). I know I want to be able to try to understand what went wrong, when it went wrong and why would he do this.

But sadly, I don't think even with understanding I will be able to truly forgive. He still supposedly opened fire in a movie theatre with innocent people there for a night out in a place they thought were safe.....but not anymore
    Last edited by scorekeeper; 07-26-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scorekeeper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    I have 2 kids in college so I understand the freedom to express one's self. But based on all previous reports and pictures, I think it is important to understand when he started making changes to his previous life style (hair color, gun/ammo/body armour, etc). I know I want to be able to try to understand what went wrong, when it went wrong and why would he do this.

But sadly, I don't think even with understanding I will be able to truly forgive. He still supposedly opened fire in a movie theatre with innocent people there for a night out in a place they thought were safe.....but not anymore
    I totally agree with you!!! I can not forgive either - but I don't have to because he has not asked for forgiveness. He is still playing his roll as the "Joker". Ha! Ha! Bleh! He planned this event, he organized this event, he documented this event, so he is COMPLETELY in control of himself and this event. As far as going to a movie... I went last Saturday to see the Batman movie. I have ALWAYS watched for suspicious people moving around in a movie because it is a creepy, dark place. I think maybe in the future, movie theatres may become like airplanes after 911.... if you flinch or move wrong - or unexpectadly.... woe be you. That is a sad statement for the illusion we have all shared about how safe our world is. Cave men and women were faced with threats EVERY day!!! I still think we live in a beautiful world, but it is NOT a safe haven - and it never has been. We just need to be aware of the threats. Now... we have a new source of attack.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Reannan For This Useful Post:

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    I stand corrected. I read the gag orders prior to posting and I didn't see the university listed. Oops, my bad!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...37/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Prior to this story, IMO, UC was already trying to avoid & limit information provided to the media but now they are jumping on the the judge's gag order, which I'm almost certain doesn't even apply to them.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I stand corrected. I read the gag orders prior to posting and I didn't see the university listed. Oops, my bad!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...37/detail.html
    Thanks for the link. the media is not requesting for HIS academic grades but they want to see JH's emails . The school told the judge that the media is requesting his school records so the judge sealed almost everything now ( Please correct me if i am wrong )...

Under the Colorado Open Records Act, his emails would be open to public inspection, since the state-run university is supported by tax dollars. Holmes, who was pursuing a doctoral degree in neuroscience, was also an employee of the university, receiving a $26,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post

People will definitely have a hard time forgiving him, he took innocent and beautiful lives

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

I don't believe the package arrived before the shooting. In my opinion it's his manifesto.

"In America's overcrowded history of mass murder, nearly every perpetrator has left behind documentation."
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holme...4#.UBIMoqDwGSp
    Just my opinion

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Holmes’s lawyers at the public defender’s office have asked the judge overseeing the case to find out who leaked information to the media about the notebook and its contents, arguing that Holmes’ privacy and constitutional rights have been violated.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...HEX_story.html

Doctor-Patient Confidentiality...Patient Privacy?
    Dont think the notebook is school records and it will be under FERPA right?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

Thank you, February. I didn't know if we could post the name

I wonder now if when the shooter was making plans, going to see her was part of the bigger plan?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rollinginit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post

I wonder now if when the shooter was making plans, going to see her was part of the bigger plan?
    I just initial it as LF

and it is quoted from the media link too

It could be.... we dont know yet when he started seeing this doctor. But if she is really treating him then this doctor should come out now and say that he is my patient and he is sick, he needs to be taken to the hospital for more treatment or medicine ...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

The documents reveal that Holmes was under the psychiatric care of Dr. Lynne Fenton

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-sh...4#.UBL3ArT2aRk

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post

As in being smart enough to send his notebook to the "right" person a little too late for the recipient to stop anything?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    The documents reveal that Holmes was under the psychiatric care of Dr. Lynne Fenton

http://abcnews.go.com/US/colorado-sh...4#.UBL3ArT2aRk
    I remember this info slipped out last week but the name of the psychiatrist was not revealed. Was she on vacation?

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast