JH's Pre Shooting Purchases and his gear

rollinginit

Reaction score
Where can I put the information and pictures of the receipts of the tatical gear he bought?
<modsnip>

Thanks a bunch.

9i9zt0.jpg

The web site is called TacticalGear.com. They do not sell anything "bullet proof" from what I understand.
http://fox4kc.com/2012/07/22/colorado-shooter-bought-gear-from-company-based-in-missouri/

This news site has pictures of the items he bought. There are 5 of them
http://www.9news.com/news/photo-gallery.aspx?storyid=279073

The chief list all the equipment they recovered at the 4:25 mark.
http://kdvr.com/2012/07/20/video-aurora-police-chief-speaks-at-theater-shooting-press-conference/

Here is the police depts press release listing the equipment:
http://apps.auroragov.org/newsupdates/news/InformationTimeLines_7_20_1830.htm

A STATEMENT REGARDING THE COLORADO SHOOTING ( link )
News July 23 2012 — By Staff, Tactical Gear
A post from our CEO regarding the tragic shooting at an Aurora, Colorado movie theater.

On July 2, 2012 TacticalGear.com received an order from James Holmes, the alleged shooter in the Colorado theater massacre. His order included an urban assault vest, two magazine pouches and a tactical knife spending a total of $306.79. Mr. Holmes elected to pay an additional $15.63 for UPS 2nd Day Air to expedite his order. We processed this order as any other, and Mr. Holmes signed for the associated package on July 5 at 2:21 p.m. local time.

In the wake of the tragedy, we have done our best to cooperate with the media and law enforcement agencies by passing on any relevant information. We have since been inundated with countless phone calls, emails and interview requests. Much of this communication has been quite hostile and threatening in nature. We have been falsely accused of selling Mr. Holmes firearms and ammunition over the Internet illegally without conducting the mandated background checks. Some members of our customer relations team have been brought to tears by people insisting that we have “blood on our hands.”

In an effort to combat this falsehood, myself and our Chief Operating Officer conducted a series of interviews in an attempt to clear up any misconceptions. We reiterated that TacticalGear.com primarily serves the law enforcement community and that we are proud to supply these heroes with the tools they need to keep our communities safe.

From rollinginit's link above:

• Holmes was apprehended with three weapons: one was left inside the crime scene. On his person, Holmes had an AR-15 assault rifle, a Remington 870 12-gauge shotgun and a 40-caliber Glock handgun. He had another 40-caliber Glock handgun in his car.

The "ship to" address on the TacticalGear invoice above doesn't look like 1690 Paris (zoom in at 400%). Was he still able to sign for deliveries at campus in July?

The "ship to" address on the TacticalGear invoice above doesn't look like 1690 Paris (zoom in at 400%). Was he still able to sign for deliveries at campus in July?

The campus zip code is 80045. Holmes zip is 80010.
But I do agree, it looks like a different address when I zoomed in. Can't read it tho.

That can't be his real signature (??) What is interesting is the application is not what sent a red flag but his answering machine message. WTH? What if the guy didn't call, would they have let this application go through? Which makes one wonder where was he practicing? Is there another club he was accepted? :waitasec:

That can't be his real signature (??) What is interesting is the application is not what sent a red flag but his answering machine message. WTH? What if the guy didn't call, would they have let this application go through? Which makes one wonder where was he practicing? Is there another club he was accepted? :waitasec:

Why would the application itself sent red flags? I don't follow.

it was done online so no, it's not his real signature

Need to wedge this in here someplace though it doesn't seem to fit anywhere specifically, as an example of post-theater shooting proactivity:
WOODWARD — Moving swiftly in the wake of the Colorado theater shooting, federal authorities have arrested a high school senior after a taxi driver reported he asked how to hide dead bodies and talked of avoiding arrest for murder.

Authorities arrested Timmy Dean Eike, 18, on Tuesday night and seized a shotgun, rifle and 250 rounds of ammunition from the bedroom of his Woodward home, court records show.

He bought the 20-gauge shotgun July 5 and the rifle July 9, the records show.
---
the rest at the link below

Hindsight being, of course, 20-20, it nevertheless is to our sorrow that no one read the signs in Colorado.

Feds arrest Oklahoma high school student who bought guns, talked of hiding bodies (Daily Oklahoman)

http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21146119/retailer-who-sold-holmes-getting-backlash

TacticalGear.com filled an order received on July 2 from Holmes, who allegedly opened fire inside an Aurora, Colo., theater on Friday, killing 12 people. Holmes paid $306.79 for an urban assault vest, two magazine pouches and a tactical knife.

Chief Executive Officer Chad Weinman said despite its name, the urban assault vest is not bulletproof, but is simply a vest made for carrying accessories.
Weinman posted a statement on the company website Monday, saying the firm has received numerous calls and emails claiming it has "blood on our hands." In an interview, Weinman said some of the calls and emails have been threatening, hostile and hurtful, sometimes leaving customer service workers in tears.

BBM

The gun range that may have been used

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ounty-gun-store-owner-questioned-about-holmes

James Eagan Holmes may have fired his weapons at an unsupervised gun range in Grand County, according to a gun shop owner who says he was interviewed by investigators.

The owner of C & M Guns in Hot Sulphur Springs, who asked not to be named, said investigators from three different local and federal law enforcement agencies spoke with him
The range, which is free and unsupervised, is managed by the Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife.

The range has been open since the spring, said Randy Hampton, spokesman for Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife. The does not allow guns that are larger than .50 caliber, tracer bullets or any fully automatic guns.

By the way despite gun range owner claiming he rejected JH. In reality he called him and left three messages. JH never responded. So in reality it appears JH never completed the process and never showed up at that range.
Could very well be because he found another range.

http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21146119/retailer-who-sold-holmes-getting-backlash
TacticalGear.com filled an order received on July 2 from Holmes, who allegedly opened fire inside an Aurora, Colo., theater on Friday, killing 12 people. Holmes paid $306.79 for an urban assault vest, two magazine pouches and a tactical knife.

Chief Executive Officer Chad Weinman said despite its name, the urban assault vest is not bulletproof, but is simply a vest made for carrying accessories.

Thank you for this info. The authorities didn't release any cctv or picture of him in full gear, so we rely on the press, the media printed everywhere that he was wearing a bulletproof vest. A lot of people now believe that the accused was protected, they claim he wanted to kill but didn't want to die. But now it seems it was just a vest for carrying accessories, can't the press even get this fact right? so many errors, unknown sources, speculations... this is a big problem because articles get translated to different languages around the world, making wrong statements become facts. :banghead:

I think the press got bullet proof vest from the witness statements right afterward. I was just watching some of the youtubes of them, and they all said bullet proof vest, or what looked like a bullet proof vest. This is one time I think I can cut the press some slack, I usually do not, lol.

Thank you for this info. The authorities didn't release any cctv or picture of him in full gear, so we rely on the press, the media printed everywhere that he was wearing a bulletproof vest. A lot of people now believe that the accused was protected, they claim he wanted to kill but didn't want to die. But now it seems it was just a vest for carrying accessories, can't the press even get this fact right? so many errors, unknown sources, speculations... this is a big problem because articles get translated to different languages around the world, making wrong statements become facts. :banghead:

When police approached him, he meekly gave up. Even if it turns out the vest was not bullet proof, it's rather obvious he didn't want to die. Police chief described it as a vest, not as bullet proof vest, but Holmes also had throat and groin protectors on.

According to Oates, Holmes dressed all in black for the attack, wearing a tactical helmet, vest and leggings, as well as throat and groin protectors. Oates said 71 people were shot during the midnight screening of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...d-carried-multiple-weapons-police-chief-says/

When police approached him, he meekly gave up. Even if it turns out the vest was not bullet proof, it's rather obvious he didn't want to die. Police chief described it as a vest, not as bullet proof vest, but Holmes also had throat and groin protectors on.

That is your opinion, I'm somewhat neutral, can't be sure about his intentions even if things seem to be obvious, this is one of the reasons that I mostly lurk and don't comment in this case. I stated my frustration about details because I am overseas and we had a similar case here in my country (Mateus da Costa Meira), so every detail matter, because the media here makes comparisons. A bulletproof vest is different than an accessory vest, the press here would probably check that info with the police before publishing. Thanks anyway for your input.

I think the press got bullet proof vest from the witness statements right afterward. I was just watching some of the youtubes of them, and they all said bullet proof vest, or what looked like a bullet proof vest. This is one time I think I can cut the press some slack, I usually do not, lol.

Thank you 21merc7! it makes sense :)

By the way despite gun range owner claiming he rejected JH. In reality he called him and left three messages. JH never responded. So in reality it appears JH never completed the process and never showed up at that range.
Could very well be because he found another range.

And I believe the range's member ship fee is $100 (per their website). Maybe he found a cheaper place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back