Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67

Thread: Fact-Checking "Presumed Guilty" by Jose Baez ***LIST ONLY, NO DISCUSSION***

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by BChand View Post
    I have read this book inches at a time because it's horribly written and full of lies and speculation, but a part I just read is where Jose is indignant at Jeff Ashton making the pigs in a blanket remark and laughing.

    He claims he was standing right next to the jury at the time and they did not appreciate Jeff's joke. I have to assume he was so fixated on the jury that he didn't notice that Casey got the biggest laugh of all out of it.
    it is by far the hardest book ive ever read..
    and its not just the subject matter ..altho that is rough..
    Its really written bad..


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by BChand View Post
    I have read this book inches at a time because it's horribly written and full of lies and speculation, but a part I just read is where Jose is indignant at Jeff Ashton making the pigs in a blanket remark and laughing.

    He claims he was standing right next to the jury at the time and they did not appreciate Jeff's joke. I have to assume he was so fixated on the jury that he didn't notice that Casey got the biggest laugh of all out of it.
    BBM
    Near the 0:50 mark

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpvdfTL_qIc"]Casey Anthony trial pigs in a blanket - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by luv; 07-26-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    ______________________________
    RIP Caylee Marie♥


  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,594
    Quote Originally Posted by LEFT-COASTER View Post
    Here is what jose says at one point about amy..
    So what, Jose! In the text messages everyone seems to be asking everyone...

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1678501/...essages-part-1

    PS- it appears that Casey is getting pumped come May.

    ETA: for clarity...Jose sure knows how to skew what's obvious to most.
    Last edited by RR0004; 07-27-2012 at 02:16 AM.


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    yeah i know and agree... there were alot of text messages casey wrote to all sorts of people about going to fusion and such.... jb is just of it

  5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LEFT-COASTER For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,985
    Quote Originally Posted by chckmate22 View Post
    Pg 140 - this may or may not be true-Gale St john has a video tape of Kronk in the woods before he called police- it states he returned to the woods -not the actual date of when Gale video taped him
    Here is the complete video, or almost complete. Wouldn't you think they'd mention seeing a man in the woods? Also, you can try "Where's Krons" ala "Where's Waldo" if you watch it.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23e6Ry4gSk"]casey anthony psychic blind drive gale st john brian ladd the casey anthony trial anthony casey trial casey anthony lawyers latest on casey anthony casey anthonys - YouTube[/ame]
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

    EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims


  7. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    i am gonna work on posting some more clips from the book tonite and tommorow

  8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LEFT-COASTER For This Useful Post:


  9. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    page 50 and the book was Miranda vs Arizona.

    Basically, I gave her (OCA) a homework assignment. I gave her a book and asked her to write an outline of it. When I came to visit two days later not only had she read the book but her report was so intelligently written, I doubt a seasoned lawyer could have written better.

    Me fact checking --> I believe that this high school dropout's last documented jobs were handing out visitor photos at Universal, and "shot girl manager" - because 3 other girls handing out shots at a dive bar defiantly need a manager.
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 07-27-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.


  10. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,434
    This is a no-discussion thread.

    Posts in this thread should consist of brief excerpts from the book, followed by a link to evidence that contradicts or disputes what was stated in the book.


    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT


  11. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    In the book.. when talking about Dr. weitz's depo... he says alot.. here is a bit of it..
    Later Weitz said,
    “She believes George took Caylee out of the bed, had a sexual—some sort of sexual experience with her daughter, and in order to cover it up killed her.” All of a sudden I had a problem. As soon as Weitz said that, I knew I couldn’t put him on the stand.
    Golenbock, Peter; Baez, Jose (2012-07-03). Presumed Guilty (Kindle Locations 4746-4748). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
    and then....
    After Weitz’s deposition, Ashton and the media made a lot of comments about how Casey said that George killed Caylee, but that’s not what she said. I want to be clear about this: Weitz was trying to pin a murder on George, and I didn’t believe that to be the case.
    Golenbock, Peter; Baez, Jose (2012-07-03). Presumed Guilty (Kindle Locations 4752-4754). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
    about the bolded part..
    In Dr.W's depo.. he does say that that is what casey says.. so this is another problem with joses memory in the book..
    http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....il-13-2011.pdf
    page 190
    lines 13 - 16
    dr w. says casey told him this..
    "
    she believes george took caylee out of the bed, had a sexual --- some sort of sexual experience with her daughter , and in order to cover it up killed her "


  12. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    Ok.. one more about weitz and a question if someone knows..

    She has “no mental disease or defect,” he said. Rather, he said, she suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.
    I read these depos again last week.. and I could swear that Dr. W said the test didnt show PTSS.. does anyone know where that is.. so i dont have to read it all again lol


  13. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,434
    Reminders:

    - Keep your fact-checks clear & concise. Provide the statement from the book, and then provide and link to the counter-argument. (i.e., "On page X, Baez says that the witness said Y, but as you will see at this link, during the trial the witness actually said Z.")

    - This is a no discussion thread.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT


  14. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,017
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    So what, Jose! In the text messages everyone seems to be asking everyone...

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1678501/...essages-part-1

    PS- it appears that Casey is getting pumped come May.

    ETA: for clarity...Jose sure knows how to skew what's obvious to most.
    Mr. Baez claims in his book that Casey did not have an AOL account. Enclosed is a document with Casey, as casey o marie, displaying what a good mother she is. Yes, Casey tells many lies to many people as a way of life. Enclosed are the text messages between her and Tony - where she describes her Nanny, her attitude toward her parents, talks about her pretend job, her "snot-head" child and it is obvious Caylee is getting in the way of her new "romance".

    http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...yitaliano3.pdf
    Last edited by logicalgirl; 07-28-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  15. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,017
    Casey and her parents were video-taped during their visits to the jail when Casey was first arrested. Baez says in his book - Casey said oh well oh well when her parents told her people were saying that Caylee drowned in the pool.

    The enclosed video shows that Casey actually said "surprise surprise" and is continuing the illusion that she believes Caylee is alive and "out there"...

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xJi0Lu_fc"]P1 of 4 - Missing Jailhouse Video of Casey Anthony and her Parents, George & Cindy (Lost Jail Tapes) - YouTube[/ame]
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  16. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    When talking about Dr weitz and casey's tattoo this is what jose says in his book.

    The prosecution made a big deal out of the fact that Casey got tattoos while she was away for the thirty days, but Weitz said that the tattoo on her shoulder that read “La Bella Vita” was actually a tribute to Caylee.
    . “It was obtained … after her daughter passed away,” said Weitz. “She told me La Bella Vita would mean the good life or the wonderful life. She said she contrasted that with the way her life had turned, the juxtaposition of how lousy her life had become. She said her life had been relatively normalized, moving in the [right] direction, and then it had catastrophically changed, both in terms of what had [happened] in her life legally and also the loss of her daughter. “She represents it to be the irony in how her life had transpired,” he said.
    Presumed Guilty (Kindle Locations 4731-4736)
    I bolded some of Jose's mistruths above..

    Now lets compare that to what Dr. Weitz actually said..
    The actually depo is here.
    http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....il-13-2011.pdf
    (the page numbers i refer to are the actually page numbers on the top right corners of each page.. not the pdf page number)

    pg 236
    line17 - 22
    No, that's why she got that put on. I was asking why she put on a beautiful life at that time in her life, given 7/03/2008, and she said it represented beautiful life l To her it was a way of backwards it would represent the irony of where he life had gone. That's what she said
    and
    pg 238
    line 5 - 10
    Q- so she told you it wasn't-- it wasn't a comment on caylee. It wasn't say, a memorial to her, clearly from your interpretation of what she said?
    A.. and I would have no way of knowing that.
    Q. well, she didn't---
    A.. she didn't indicate that to me, correct.
    Also Jose the tattoo is bella vita not la bella vita


  17. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    Page 17...

    The police pounded away at her. As the interrogation was coming to a close, Melich received a phone call from Cindy. What Cindy wanted Melich to know was on the day that Caylee disappeared, the ladder on the outdoor above-ground swimming pool was up, meaning that Caylee would have access to the pool.

    Fact checking:

    CA's depostion 07/29/09 - page 450 & 451 , (sorry I can't link, the Hinky Meter is gone, and the wftv link is no longer working) (I have pdf but can't find a working link)

    Q (LDB) Okay. Did you ever specifically ask Casey if there was an accident involving Caylee?

    A (CA) I probably did at some point. I know I had brought it up to the sheriff's department. specifically remember speaking to Sergeant Allen about the possibility that Caylee may have fallen off the ladder.

    Q (LDB) Uh-huh.

    A (CA) And when they were there with the dogs, I asked them to specifically --

    Q (LDB) I remember that.

    A (CA) -- check the pool area. And he said there was nothing there to be concerned with. So that was a thought --

    CA never, ever mentions throughout this entire depo that the pool ladder was up. JB is at this 7/29/09 depo, and while he does question CA about many things(includes his infamous Zip It comment), JB never asks CA about the ladder or the pool. This is very important because, on page 174, JB writes,

    The day I had a major breakthrough with OCA came in the early months of 2009. I had set it up a couple of days before when I said to her, "You know, OCA, I've never pressed you about what happened........ As we sat in jail, she began to tell me what happened the day that Caylee disappeared.

    ...(OCA) "I noticed that the pool ladder was still attached. Caylee and my mom had been swimming the night before, I couldn't believe it was still up. Caylee loved to swim, but once she got into the pool, she had no way of getting out, so I always made sure someone was there with her".

    Same depo, specific to the night of June 15, 2008 (page 271) CA states:

    (CA) And then when we got -- when Casey got home that evening, Caylee and I were in the -- was in the pool.

    Q (LDB) Uh-huh.

    A (CA) And when Casey came outside, she asked if the water was warm and she was going to join us. And I told her it was getting kind of chilly and I said Caylee is getting kind of shrivelly. I said: Why don't you go get her bath ready? So Casey went back in, got Caylee's bath ready, came out with a towel and took Caylee.

    Q Uh-huh.

    A (CA) And then I finished putting the pool stuff away and took the ladder off the pool and then went inside. And I think by that. time Caylee was in the tub with Casey.

    Q (LDB) Okay.

    A (CA) So -- and then after that, Casey got something to eat and then we sat and watched my dad's video and we cried....

    In Debbie Polosano depo (Nov 24, 2008) - page 10 & 11,

    (DP) "because the ladder...she felt that there was someone swimming in their pool because the ladder was up against the wall of the pool and she never did that. She always made sure she put it way."

    (YM) And that's the same day she's telling you about the gas cans being taken?

    (DP) Yeah, to me, I remember it being like the same day, because she said (CA), that's weird because somebody else broke into the shed"
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 07-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.


  18. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    More on the part of the book where jose states that casey said oh well.. when we all know it was surprise surprise
    “So what do you guys think of this new theory that Caylee made have died by accident?” It struck a chord with George, who turned around and blew up at the reporter. “Shut up. Shut up,” he started yelling. Then they go into the jail, and you can hear Cindy saying to Casey, “George just blew up at the media.” “Oh really?” said Casey. “They’re saying that Caylee drowned in the pool,” said Cindy. And that’s when Casey said, “Oh well. Oh well.” But here’s the point. The media said, she died “by accident.” But Cindy was the one who said “she drowned in the pool.” The inference had to be that at that point Cindy knew.
    Presumed Guilty (Kindle Locations 6246-6254)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xJi...ature=youtu.be around to 2:08 mark.


    what jose doesnt say in all this was all the news reports and rumors going around.. that we all know the anthonys heard.... the nite before for example on nancy grace they talked about the rumor of the pool and drowning.. It was talked about all over the place, its only logical that the anthonys had heard the rumor. and took the reporters comment about accident to be about drowning....

    http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/13/ng.01.html
    GRACE: Let`s unleash the lawyers. Joining us tonight, Renee Rockwell, trial lawyer out of Atlanta, Alan Ripka, veteran defense attorney joining us out of our New York studios. We`re taking your calls live.
    You know, Renee, let`s just break it down. All these theories about an accidental death -- maybe she drowned. Maybe she fell. You know what? If she fell or she drowned by accident, why not call 911
    heres video of george before jail visit.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb3LBCi_AkQ&feature=relmfu"]8/14/08: Parents Visit Casey In Jail After Outburst Directed At Media - YouTube[/ame]

    .40 second mark

    oh and on top of it all... the typo s / mistakes lol...
    *** Caylee made have died by accident**** Jose don't you mean *may have died*
    Last edited by LEFT-COASTER; 07-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.


  19. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    pasadena, california
    Posts
    704
    also if you listen to the tape of jail visit above.. she does not say Oh really when cindy says dad's blown up at the media... casey actually says... yeah i heard


  20. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    The Phone rings… page 22

    …on July 17, 2008, I was driving around in downtown Orlando when I called my office to check my messages. My secretary told me to go see a prospective client. She said a relative of an inmate called and wanted me to go to the Orange County jail to see an inmate by the name of Casey Anthony …....Casey walked in and sat down. The public defender told her “a private lawyer is here to see you”… “Yes, I know” she said, “I asked someone to do that for me”.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-antho...ry?id=13784113

    "It kind of happened at random in booking," Casey Anthony told her parents according to jailhouse tape that was played at her trial. "I heard a couple of people talking about attorneys...His name came up and I said if he's good, can you do me a favor and pass my name along… It was an inmate and there was three other people that confirmed it."

    http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/...n-record-time/

    Exactly how did Jose Baez become Casey Anthony’s attorney and how he is getting paid? Those are the questions that everyone wants answered. But what people should really be asking is how did Jose Baez become Casey Anthony’s attorney so quickly.

    - According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Prisoner Transport Jurat, Casey Anthony was officially booked into jail as of 11:40 p.m. on July 16, 2008

    - According to the Notice of Appearance filed by Jose Baez, he was officially her attorney of record as of 3:54 p.m. on July 17, 2008.

    More snipped from his blog...

    Rather the jail keeps you in their Booking and Release unit until they can process you and formerly assign you to permanent housing unit. So it is unlikely that she had sufficient contact with other inmates to even get an attorney’s name and number to call.

    Second, even if another inmate gave her Jose Baez’s number, you would expect that inmate to have hired Jose Baez as well. Moreover, because the jail keeps inmates segregated, you would expect that inmate to be a woman.

    And while by no means exhaustive, you can exclude this possibility by conducting a search on the Orange County Clerk’s website for all cases that Jose Baez handled from September 22, 2005 (his date of admission) to July 18, 2008 (the day after Casey Anthony’s arrest).

    The search reveals he was attorney of record in 54 cases. Of those cases, only 16 cases involved female clients (or at least feminine first names). And if you examine each of his female client’s cases, you will see that none of them were either:

    1. Being held in jail awaiting trial, or
    2. Serving a jail sentence on the day of Casey Anthony’s arrest.

    So it seems highly unlikely that a female inmate gave Jose Baez’s phone number to Casey Anthony.
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 07-28-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.


  21. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    277
    Jose's truth:

    Pg 152 - "We later found out while investigating Suburban Drive that in October a woman and her neighbor had called 9-1-1 after they heard a child screaming from the wooded area near the elementary school. The call was made to the Orlando Police Department, not the Orange County Sheriff's Department, and a massive search was undertaken in the exact area where Caylee's remains later were found. A helicopter flew over the area, they brought in dogs, and performed an exhaustive search. No child was found, but after searching the records of the Orlando Police Department, we could verify that the site where Caylee was found was the area where they searched for the child who allegedly was screaming in the woods."

    The actual truth:

    According to the incident report you can find here (starting at page 7) "The wooded area was not entered by any ground units due to its thick vegetation, and the fact that the ground is very wet and covered in deep water in some areas."
    Last edited by md89; 07-29-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: clear things up


  22. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    6,463

    reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Reminders:

    - Keep your fact-checks clear & concise. Provide the statement from the book, and then provide and link to the counter-argument. (i.e., "On page X, Baez says that the witness said Y, but as you will see at this link, during the trial the witness actually said Z.")

    - This is a no discussion thread.
    bumping this
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    — C.S. Lewis

  23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ricki For This Useful Post:


  24. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    277
    Jose's truth:

    Pg 152 - He's talking about Keith Williams and his search on Suburban Drive. "He (Keith Williams) said he had searched in the woods in the exact area where Caylee's body was later found, but all he could find was a bag of stuffed animals, which he took to the Anthony home."

    The real truth:

    According to the OSCO supplemental report you can find here (go to page 5) Keith Williams admitted he never went into the woods in the exact area where Caylee's body was found. From page 5 and 6 of the above report: "We drove to the area where Caylee Anthony's remains were found and asked Keith Williams if he ever checked this area. Below is a synopsis of the conversation with his answer:

    Keith Williams: "The only time that I walked around where she was actually found was that August 18i' date is when I was told that she was a foot into the woods and I actually walked around this whole area looking at that same range and I never saw nothing."

    Sergeant Allen: "But earlier you indicated you never walked into the woods you just walked along the edge and looked into the woods is that correct?"

    Keith Williams: "As far as that area where she was found I, I, I walked more, I was on the grass„ I wasn't just on the sidewalk."

    Sergeant Allen: "Right"

    Keith Williams: "I walked in the grass looking but I didn't actually...."

    Sergeant Allen: "Go into the woods."

    Keith Williams: "I didn't actually enter the woods at that point; I was just looking, yeah."
    Last edited by md89; 07-29-2012 at 09:14 AM.


  25. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    Page 266 - Preparing for Trial

    Then came the attempted public destruction of Laura Buchanan whose arm was twisted to lie so the police could charge me with a crime. When she bravely refused, she was publically castigated by the police and the press. The police made it known that they were investigating her. Didn’t anyone find it strange the police were advertising their investigation?

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/70800957...Deposition-Pt2

    Laura Buchanan's deposition -page 191

    (LDB): They (JB) asked you whether or not you believed that you were the target of a criminal investigation

    (LB) Um-hum

    (LDB) Where did you get that idea?

    (JB) Hold on
    …..

    LB's attorney then asserts privilege and then LDB comes back with….

    (LBD) Did you hear that from one of the prosecutors of the case?

    (LB) No ma’am

    LDB then asks if OSCO's Allen, Melich and Edwards advised LB of the investigation

    (LB) No ma’am

    LDB then asks if family, friends or other searchers advised LB of the investigation

    (LB) No ma’am
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 07-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

  26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:


  27. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    Page 249 – The Shrinks

    Sexual abuse – incest – is the most underreported crime in the world, and if people who are abused cannot come forward and can’t expect a process that is helpful to them and makes it easier to speak out, it will never be reported. I find it so hypocritical the way people approached OCA in that regard.

    I have searched, and searched, and searched, but I can not find any documents or communications by JB to either report the long term sexual abuse, or begin an criminal investigation of GA. JB writes that OCA told him about GA's sexual abuse over the course of many visits, and also told the shrinks, in late 2008/early 2009.

    Page 165 - from that day on, the entire defenes team called George "Baldy", a constant reminder of the child molester and rapist we believed him to be.

    I believe that this would be a claim by OCA of Capital Sexual Battery, due to OCA’s age being under 12 when it started, where there is no statute of limitations.

    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0794.011.html
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

  28. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:


  29. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,012
    Page 319 – The Fockers

    In the end Tony testified that OCA told him her brother lee had felt her up, but he was not sure what she said about the father, whether it was physical or sexual abuse

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkeRinl94SY"]Casey Anthony: Murder Trial Day 14 - 5/26/11 Part 18 (Anthony Lazzaro Reveals Secret) - YouTube[/ame]

    Starts at 4:20

    JB: I want to ask you a question in reference to the shared secrets that we had discussed earlier

    JB: Was the secret that OCA had shared with you that she had been abused by her father

    TL: No

    JB: What was the secret that she had shared with you?

    TL: Lee Anthony tried to sexually abuse her

    JB: Ok..and did you ….did she ever discuss in reference to…well let me ask you this…

    JB: What was your response to Lee Anthony trying to touch her?
    TL: Shocked
    JB: What did do, what did you say to her?
    TL: I don’t remember, it was definitely comforting though
    JB: Did you kinda brush off the conversation?
    TL: If anything, I probably tried to quickly change the subject so she won’t be dwelling on it…

    This testimony goes nowhere.. and then JB picks up with…

    JB: I’m gonna get the transcripts, but I wanna ask you if you recall any discussion with OCA in reference to the abuse by her father

    TL: Yes

    JB: OK

    TL: That’s what clarified that more would be, I do recall her bringing up being disciplined by her father, but I don’t recall what actually happened, my knowledge it seemed like discipline to me.

    JB: But, do you recall… not, well, I’ll need the transcript for this but … can you recall for certain…that it wasn’t because, that it was, sexual abuse verse physical abuse, or you just don’t know for sure.

    TL: I just don’t know for sure, defiantly was not sexual abuse, the only time that would…someone tells me that that I knew the Lee thing, because that’s such a substantial thing to say.

    JB: Was it a lengthily discussion or a short discussion

    TL: Defiantly a short discussion

    JB: And, you don’t recall the details of it

    TL: No sir

    JB: However you do recall the word abuse coming up within this discussion

    TL: I do recall the word….maybe hitting

    JB: Anything else?

    TL: No


    JB tells Judge Perry that he has his file outside… while he goes to get it Judge Perry askes TL question.. here is the portion related to GA

    JP: Relate to us, in terms of abuse from with Mr. Anthony, in as much detail as you can recall.

    TL: Hitting, that’s all I can remember


    JP: When you say hitting, what did you take that to mean, or did she give you a more specific description of hitting

    TL: I took it as discipline

    JP: But did she tell you, besides use the word hitting, did she say anything else

    TL: Not to my knowledge


    JP: Again, did she say when this occurred, Mr. George Anthony hitting her.

    TL: As a child

    JP: As a child… anything else she said, that you can recall

    TL: No Sir

    JP: Ok Mr. Baez

    JB: Mr. Lazarro do you remember, we conducted a deposition over the phone
    TL: Sure

    JB: And, do you recall me asking you this, the following question, page 30,line 13 through 17,

    JB: So you don’t know if its physical, or sexual, you just don’t recall, and your answer was – “I just don’t recall, it could have been, honestly it would have been much better to do this at that time".

    JP: Which Anthony are you referring to Lee A or George A
    JB: George Anthony

    JB: Now, sir, were you referring to that, your deposition took place in 2011, February 2011, as apposed you being asked these questions in 2008

    TL: I was referring to it would be easier if it was… asked those questions probably closer to the time I would know that.

    JB: And that’s why you simply just can’t recall whether it was physical or sexual, only that you do remember as of now… hitting

    TL: At of all, any kind of abuse, that is why I was making that comment then.

    JB: I have no further questions.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

  30. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:


  31. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    277
    Jose's truth:

    He talks about this throughout the book but for example on Pg 154: "This was making the prosecution very nervous, and when these prosecutors became nervous, there was no telling what they would do. They went after Laura Buchanan, accusing her of presenting false evidence in a capital case. Of course, they leaked what they were doing to the media."

    The actual truth:

    The prosecution or LE never leaked anything to the media. Florida has a law called The Sunshine Law. "The Florida Sunshine Law is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to the public records of governmental bodies in Florida."

    Source


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FACT vs. RUMOR (List Only) NO DISCUSSION
    By Salem in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2012, 02:08 AM
  2. Jose "Quite Frankly" Baez
    By AlwaysShocked in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
  3. 2010.04.29 List a fact (no discussion)
    By grandmaj in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. Jose Baez has his own podcast. "What's juicy? What's sexy?"
    By sleutherontheside in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •