Fact-Checking "Presumed Guilty" by Jose Baez ***LIST ONLY, NO DISCUSSION***

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A thread to enumerate factual discrepancies in "Presumed Guilty: Casey Anthony: The Inside Story."

This is a list-only thread.

Cite a quote from the book, then provide corrective information with links whenever possible.

pg 132 states "Detective Richard Cain" which we know he is Deputy Richard Cain

Pg 140 - this may or may not be true-Gale St john has a video tape of Kronk in the woods before he called police- it states he returned to the woods -not the actual date of when Gale video taped him

pg 181- The records show that from 09:00 a.m. continuously until 10:59 p.m. she was on facebook and myspace it is not possible because of video tape of her at block buster

pg 179- "Whoever dressed Caylee after she drowned ripped those clothes as he was putting them on her. And that is what Dr Lee was going to testify to. 1-I dont think it was ever evidence that the clothes were ripped when someone re-dressed Caylee and 2- it starts with "whoever" and then uses the word "he"- Assuming he is talking about GA

also pg 179- "Our problem was that Dr Lee quit our team about ten months before trial. He informed me that he just couldnt continue. The prosecution was going to require him to take his deposition, and he had to submit reports, and he was catching a lot of pressure from his friends in "law enforcement" for being involved in this case. When Dr Lee said he couldnt continue, I was so distraught about that I actually flew up to Connecticut to try and get him to change his mind. I went to his institute, and we sat down and we talked. "Quite frankly" he told me, "I just don't need the aggravation. And then he recommended that perhaps I should drop out too. "You really should consider quitting" he said to me "You don't need this aggravation either. It is more trouble than it's worth. So Dr Lee never testified to the rips in the shorts"
This I think is self explanatory..No Dr worth his salt quits because of peer pressure from law enforcement or because it is too much aggravation.....scientist live to prove things wrong no matter what peer pressure is out there...

pg 180- "figuring Caylee would be ok with George for a little while"

I am trying to find the page in the book of how "IT" locked her doors and refused to leave Caylee because she was afraid of him ...which is it..it is ok for him to watch her or it is not

pg 176- "Casey said she was frantic and did not know what to do. After pacing and crying for about an hour, she said she could not hold it in any longer and wanted to tell her mother and began to frantically call her."

Well we know she tried several times to call her mother at approx 4:15 p.m. - so that leaves the drowning occurring at 3:00 pm ish???

Quick note I know I am jumping all over the place but I will make sure pg are there

pg 197- "Three things destroy DNA. One is heat, the second is moisture, and the third is law enforcement.

I don't think I need to explain this one.

Baez writes in the book, that during the jail visit Cindy said that there was speculation that Caylee drowned in the pool.
He then writes that KC said to Cindy: "oh well oh well".

In reality KC said: "Surprise surprise".

We've all seen the video.......

pg 220- "Do you have a saw? Spitz asked the funeral director. I need a saw. Any saw. The director returned with a rusty old saw. Spitz sawed and sawed, and after about a half and hour, he gave up. This saw doesn't cut it, he said. We're going to have to buy a saw, I said. The only store open at three in the morning was Walmart"

Again I want to point out what renown Dr of such high standards would 1-EVEN attempt to open the skull of a child with a "rusty saw. 2- saw and saw for a 1/2 hour damaging evidence...

pg 176- "Casey said she was frantic and did not know what to do. After pacing and crying for about an hour, she said she could not hold it in any longer and wanted to tell her mother and began to frantically call her."

Well we know she tried several times to call her mother at approx 4:15 p.m. - so that leaves the drowning occurring at 3:00 pm ish???

That would conflict with his opening statement when he declared that she drowned in the early morning.

Pg 1 (Ironically the chapter is called 'Liar, Liar, Pants on fire') - "George drove a black 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser, while Cindy drove a dark green 2005 Toyota 4Runner."

There are 2 cars on George's E-Pass records. The first is a 1999 green Toyota 4Runner and the second is a black Chevrolet HHR.

Link to the E-pass records

(E-pass records page 2 Toyota, page 5 Chevrolet)

Baez calls the media: "vultures".

Baez was on tv as much as possible, giving "news conferences", one with a "crying" KC right next to him, introducing new lawyers for KC on camera.
He's promoting his book as we speak through the media.

The media "vultures" payed him $ 200.000 for selling pictures of Caylee, even before her body was found.

Baez begins early in his book to say that KC was so happy in jail, he had never seen a person so happy while sitting in jail, Casey told him that was because she felt "safe" there, just as she felt "safe" at Tony's place.

When George came to visit her in jail and she told him he was the greatest dad since sliced bread, hey I'm not going to roll over on you and tell everyone about sexual abuse or about carrying away Caylee's body, so please bond me out.

It makes no sense, she felt safe in jail, yet she wants to be bonded out by her abusive father that she's so afraid of, and jail feels safe.

Pg 74 - "Casey was under the umbrella, shielded from the view, but the reporters just started attacking her. "Casey, where's Caylee? Did you kill Caylee?" Casey leaned over and whispered to me, I'm innocent, and I want to walk out of here with my head high."

According to the police interview with Tracy McLaughlin, the woman who was inside the Anthony home when Casey was out of jail, she actually said to Jose: Get me the **** outta here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PyijaDN-98&feature=relmfu"]Link to Tracy McLaughlin's interview[/ame]

Go to 4:51 in the video.

Pg 74 - "Casey was under the umbrella, shielded from the view, but the reporters just started attacking her. "Casey, where's Caylee? Did you kill Caylee?" Casey leaned over and whispered to me, I'm innocent, and I want to walk out of here with my head high."

According to the police interview with Tracy McLaughlin, the woman who was inside the Anthony home when Casey was out of jail, she actually said to Jose: Get me the **** outta here.

Link to Tracy McLaughlin's interview

Go to 4:51 in the video.
RBBM
Walk out with her Head high??
oasm7l.jpg

Pg 50 - "Then she spoke to a girlfriend, who wailed, "If anything happens to Caylee, I'll die." Casey can be heard saying on the tape, "Oh, my God. Calling you guys was a huge waste of time."

He fails to mention that she first said "Oh well."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RI15oQbAh4"]Casey Jailhouse phone call[/ame]

Go to 4:23 min in the video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back