Lawyers for Victim 2 Speak Out

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Big thanks to Big Cat for bringing this centredaily.com article to our attention! It is a relief to know he is alive.

Victim 2 in Jerry Sandusky case comes forward

"The person known as Jerry Sandusky’s Victim 2 has come forward, and he intends to sue Penn State for damages.

The legal team of Joel Feller and Matt Casey from the Philadelphia firm Ross Feller Casey LLP and State College attorneys Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin revealed this in a statement this morning, the first confirmation that the young boy seen with Sandusky in a shower in 2001 exists."

More at article including transcripts of two phone messages Sandusky left for the victim last year...

(Thanks again Big Cat! :seeya:)

It is very clearly Victim 2. This is the one Sandusky called prior to the investigations. Sandusky left voice messages, and they have them. :)

Victim 2 is alive.

Lawyers: Shower abuse victim to sue Penn State
By MARK SCOLFORO, AP
1 hour ago

HARRISBURG, Pa. — A man who claims to be the unknown victim molested in a Penn State shower by Jerry Sandusky in a case that led to Joe Paterno's firing intends to sue the university for its "egregious and reckless conduct" that facilitated the abuse, his lawyers said Thursday.

The lawyers have done an extensive investigation and gathered "overwhelming evidence" on details of the abuse by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, they said in a statement.

The identity of so-called Victim 2 has been a central mystery in the Sandusky case, and jurors convicted Sandusky last month of offenses related to him judging largely by the testimony of Mike McQueary, who was a team graduate assistant at the time and described seeing the attack.

"Our client has to live the rest of his life not only dealing with the effects of Sandusky's childhood sexual abuse, but also with the knowledge that many powerful adults, including those at the highest levels of Penn State, put their own interests and the interests of a child predator above their legal obligations to protect him," the lawyers' statement said...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120725/US.Penn.State.Abuse/?cid=hero_media

JS sounds so desperate and creepy in those calls.

I'm glad victim 2 is ok and finally came forward!

moo

wm

The statement from the man's attorneys said Victim 2 suffered ''extensive sexual abuse over many years both before and after the 2001 incident Michael McQueary witnessed. ''In recording of a pair of voicemails released with the statement and posted online by the lawyers, a voice that's purportedly Sandusky's expresses his love and says he wants to express his feelings ''up front.''
The voicemails are dated Sept. 12 and Sept. 19, less than two months before the former Penn State coach was arrested on child sex abuse charges late last year. The second voicemail asks whether Victim 2 would like to attend Penn State's next game.
Sandusky left ''numerous'' voicemails for their client fall 2011, the attorneys said.
<snip> Before his trial, Amendola said he had met with a man he believed he might be Victim 2 but that he had not been abused by Sandusky. Amendola said he was not convinced and did not intend to subpoena him, but also said Sandusky himself was insistent they had the right person. more at link:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/trustees-sanctions-better-football-ban-063918993--ncaaf.html

WOW! I'm SO glad. He's been haunting me since September.

Good going, V2! Glad you're alive!

So why does "Jer" have 2 cell phones...one for Dottie and family and one for the 'boys'?

and the creepy "I love you" at the end to a young man he hasn't seen in how long?

Or did Sandusky have contact with victim 2 through 2011?

BBM

That's the impression I'm left with. It didn't sound like he was calling out of the blue. Ick.

This young man is what? 21? 22? at the time of these calls?

Matt Sandusky is 33, I think.

I wonder how many of these victims he kept in contact with.

WOW! I'm SO glad. He's been haunting me since September.

Good going, V2! Glad you're alive!

Thank god-he has haunted me to.I would like him to know that he is not alone anymore & he will have all of our prayers!!

BBM

That's the impression I'm left with. It didn't sound like he was calling out of the blue. Ick.

This young man is what? 21? 22? at the time of these calls?

Matt Sandusky is 33, I think.

I wonder how many of these victims he kept in contact with.
Yeah, from the article I read, the voicemails were from just two months before Sandusky was arrested. He probably fancied that these boys were in love with him.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

When was Amendola claiming that they "had" victim 2 and that he would exonerate Jere? Jere probably did think he was so charming he could get people to go along with anything. His voice mails prove he was seriously trying to control the feces that were heading toward the rapidly spinning bladed cooling device...

Big thanks to Big Cat for bringing this centredaily.com article to our attention! It is a relief to know he is alive.

Victim 2 in Jerry Sandusky case comes forward

"The person known as Jerry Sandusky’s Victim 2 has come forward, and he intends to sue Penn State for damages.

The legal team of Joel Feller and Matt Casey from the Philadelphia firm Ross Feller Casey LLP and State College attorneys Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin revealed this in a statement this morning, the first confirmation that the young boy seen with Sandusky in a shower in 2001 exists."

More at article including transcripts of two phone messages Sandusky left for the victim last year...

(Thanks again Big Cat! :seeya:)

(Bolded by me)

Hi, I don't post much mostly because I am awe of WS posters & also because I'm too busy reading threads, especially Jon Benet's ~ too much great information ~ not enough uninterrupted time IRL, anyway....

I just wanted to say, Matt Casey is no joke. He is the youngest child of former PA Governor Robert P. Casey (deceased), and besides being a fantastic lawyer, he always sticks up for the ones that society has hurt the most, he was raised that way. Victim # 2 will be in good hands with Matt & his firm behind him. I wish them all tremendous strength in the battle ahead.

I'm so relieved this young man has come forward, I worried and fretted about his welfare, for certain. I hope all of his victims come to light and receive some compensation for their injuries-- of course no amount of money can fix the egregious harm that man has inflicted, but it can help mollify the pain... a little, anyway.

(Bolded by me)

Hi, I don't post much mostly because I am awe of WS posters & also because I'm too busy reading threads, especially Jon Benet's ~ too much great information ~ not enough uninterrupted time IRL, anyway....

I just wanted to say, Matt Casey is no joke. He is the youngest child of former PA Governor Robert P. Casey (deceased), and besides being a fantastic lawyer, he always sticks up for the ones that society has hurt the most, he was raised that way. Victim # 2 will be in good hands with Matt & his firm behind him. I wish them all tremendous strength in the battle ahead.

I'd assume it is his son; there is a resemblance and the late Governor did have a son by that name. Matt's brother would be Bob, Jr., the current senior senator from Pennsylvania. I expect the Democrats to be in the minority next year, but that is still a lot of juice.

Matt's record looks good, including some eight digit settlements: http://www.rossfellercasey.com/attorney-profiles/matthew-casey/

Sandusky:
"Um. Uh. Probably ought to just go forward. Uh. I would be very firm and express my feelings, uh, upfront. Um. But, uh, you know, there is nothing really to hide so. Um."

I can't help but think this is the continuation of a conversation he & V2 had been having about the Grand Jury, like he's telling V2 how to deal with them, and the full statement from Ross Feller Casey points out that this was during the run-up to his arrest.
I wonder what else they're referring to when they say they "gathered overwhelming evidence"?

The second was a week later, Sept. 19, 2011: "&#8230; Just calling to see you know whether you had any interest in going to the Penn State game this Saturday. Uh. If you could get back to me and let me know, uh, I would appreciate it and when you get this message, uh, give me a call and I hope to talk to you later. Thanks. I love you."

This is so sick it is surreal. This is why Jer was never ever going to take the stand-he does not believe what he did was wrong. He thinks he was pursuing lovers...he is hurt when they turn away. He is dying to talk about how it is OK and he is not a monster.

This is an interesting point from Sara Ganim's article:
"Shubin and Andronici were in contact have been working with Victim 2 since late 2011, when Amendola claimed to have talked to him." (typo included)

The Freeh report actually stated that V2 was left open to harm because nobody knew who he was except Sandusky.
I wonder why the lawyers never even informed Freeh that they'd been working with him?
Freeh didn't talk to some of the key players like McQueary, but you'd think V2 was important enough that they would at least let him know that no harm came to him.

That secrecy must have been at V2's request...

My prayers will continue for this young man, thank goodness he's been able to come forward. I was worried about what may have happened to him.

Sandusky:
"Um. Uh. Probably ought to just go forward. Uh. I would be very firm and express my feelings, uh, upfront. Um. But, uh, you know, there is nothing really to hide so. Um."

I can't help but think this is the continuation of a conversation he & V2 had been having about the Grand Jury, like he's telling V2 how to deal with them, and the full statement from Ross Feller Casey points out that this was during the run-up to his arrest.
I wonder what else they're referring to when they say they "gathered overwhelming evidence"?

Yes. It didn't sound like a new conversation or random long-time-no-see. So Sandusky was possibly tampering with and/or intimidating a witness.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back