LA LA - Keiosha Felix, 15, Duson, 30 April 2012

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
KATC Lafayette, LA
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 7:51 PM by Erin Steuber
Updated: Jul 16, 2012 5:10 PM

15 year-old Keiosha Felix, went missing April 30th in Duson, and she hasn't been seen since,if you have any information on her whereabouts, get in touch with the Duson Police Department.
http://www.katc.com/news/missing-person-15-year-old-keiosha-felix/

KEIOSHA-MARIE-FELIX-168x300.png

Keiosha was last seen April 30, 2012. Her nickname is "Red".
Height: 5'0 Weight: 120 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
(Louisiana) 1-337-232-9211

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1193817&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Duson Police Department: 1-337-873-6736

KATC Lafayette, LA
Posted: Jul 15, 2012 7:51 PM by Erin Steuber
Updated: Jul 16, 2012 5:10 PM

15 year-old Keiosha Felix, went missing April 30th in Duson, and she hasn't been seen since,if you have any information on her whereabouts, get in touch with the Duson Police Department.
http://www.katc.com/news/missing-person-15-year-old-keiosha-felix/

KEIOSHA-MARIE-FELIX-168x300.png

Keiosha was last seen April 30, 2012. Her nickname is "Red".
Height: 5'0 Weight: 120 lbs Hair: Black Eyes: Brown

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
(Louisiana) 1-337-232-9211

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1193817&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Duson Police Department: 1-337-873-6736

Three arrested in connection with Felix's disapperanc

The Advertiser
4:32 PM, July 26, 2012

We’re still looking for her,” Lena Lewis, who is Felix’s maternal aunt, said during a phone interview Thursday afternoon. “She hasn’t made it back home, but they have made arrests, and we’re hoping that’s one step closer to bringing her back home.”

On Thursday, police arrested Leon Wilkerson Jr., 43, Patricia Andrus, 40, who is Felix’s paternal aunt, and Portia Felix, 19, who is a cousin of the missing girl, in connection with Keoisha Felix’s disappearance from Andrus’s home.

Wilkerson is being held in the East Baton Rouge Parish Jail on a $350,000 bond and is charged with second-degree kidnapping and simple rape.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120726/NEWS01/120726040/Police-continue-search-missing-Duson-teenager?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Family members said holding info, lying about missing teen

The Advocate
by Jason Brown
Acadiana bureau July 26, 2012

Two family members of a missing 15-year-old girl have been arrested in connection with the girl’s April 30 disappearance, bringing the total number arrested in the case to three.

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/3449378-123/two-more-people-arrested-in

Duson Police believe Keiosha Felix is in danger

KATC Lafayette, LA
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 2:33 PM
by Tonya Lacoste
Updated: Jul 26, 2012 2:37 PM

Duson Police believe 15-year-old Keiosha Felix's life is in danger, according to Police Chief Frank Andrew. Two members of Felix's family were arrested in the case. Portia Felix is charged with obstruction of justice and has bonded out of jai. Patricia Andrus is charged with accessory to rape and improper supervision.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

Three arrested in connection with Felix's disapperanc

The Advertiser
4:32 PM, July 26, 2012

We’re still looking for her,” Lena Lewis, who is Felix’s maternal aunt, said during a phone interview Thursday afternoon. “She hasn’t made it back home, but they have made arrests, and we’re hoping that’s one step closer to bringing her back home.”

On Thursday, police arrested Leon Wilkerson Jr., 43, Patricia Andrus, 40, who is Felix’s paternal aunt, and Portia Felix, 19, who is a cousin of the missing girl, in connection with Keoisha Felix’s disappearance from Andrus’s home.

Wilkerson is being held in the East Baton Rouge Parish Jail on a $350,000 bond and is charged with second-degree kidnapping and simple rape.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120726/NEWS01/120726040/Police-continue-search-missing-Duson-teenager?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Family members said holding info, lying about missing teen

The Advocate
by Jason Brown
Acadiana bureau July 26, 2012

Two family members of a missing 15-year-old girl have been arrested in connection with the girl’s April 30 disappearance, bringing the total number arrested in the case to three.

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/3449378-123/two-more-people-arrested-in

Duson Police believe Keiosha Felix is in danger

KATC Lafayette, LA
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 2:33 PM
by Tonya Lacoste
Updated: Jul 26, 2012 2:37 PM

Duson Police believe 15-year-old Keiosha Felix's life is in danger, according to Police Chief Frank Andrew. Two members of Felix's family were arrested in the case. Portia Felix is charged with obstruction of justice and has bonded out of jai. Patricia Andrus is charged with accessory to rape and improper supervision.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/disappearance-of-keiosha-felix-s/

Vigil for missing teen set

Police chief: Lies delayed search
By jason brown
Acadiana bureau
July 28, 2012

While the search continues for missing 15-year-old Keiosha Felix, family and friends will hold a vigil Sunday evening for the young girl who has not been seen since April 30.
The vigil will begin at 6 p.m. at Duson Park on Ford Street, according to a “Find Keiosha Now” Facebook page.

Andrew also said Thursday that investigators had a late start on the case “because of the lies that were told by the parties involved.”
“The family said they had spoken with her,” Andrew said. “We assumed that they were telling the truth that she was in contact with other family members, which is why they are in jail basically.”

http://theadvocate.com/home/3461704-125/vigil-for-missing-teen-set

In an update from The Advocate it's reported that Portia Felix, the 19 year-old cousin arrested on Thursday has bonded out. She was charged with obstruction of justice because she told LE the family had been in touch wiht Keiosha.

During one interview, Portia Felix told police that her cousin had been on the phone with Keiosha Felix and that she had overheard Keiosha’s voice during that phone call, Credeur wrote.

“We basically feel they are involved and they have information they’re not sharing with us,”
[Duson Police Chief] Andrew said, declining to go into additional details about the women’s arrest.

http://theadvocate.com/home/3449378-125/two-more-people-arrested-in

Patricia Andrus, the aunt accused as an accessory, and Leon Wilkerson, accused of rape and kidnapping, remain incarcerated.

Find Keiosha Felix Now on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/findkeioshanow

Anyone with information about Felix’s whereabouts is asked to call either the Duson Police Department at (337) 232-9211 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678.

This story is so baffling to me. And oddly similar to the Mickey Shunick case in that they were able to arrest and charge someone, without being able to locate Keiosha yet. I'm afraid that with these two cases, some racial tension is present in Acadiana. Very sadly, Keiosha's case didn't get the media attention it should have, but that was because LE was misled to believe she was a runaway. There are many Mickey volunteers that I think, also would have done just as much to spread awareness of Keiosha's case, if not for being misled this way. Now that her cause has been upgraded to a missing persons, I hope that the community will come together to help find Keiosha.

I don't know what their plans are for search efforts, and it seems to me that because some of her family members did have some knowledge about what happened shortly before she went missing, they should have a general direction to focus on. Hopefully someone will cooperate and help fill in more details.

A.C.I., I read that you are on the case? I understand if you decide not to post here about anything specific, but just want to say good luck!

Even wirh the media focused on her case this week, her thread right here has been overlooked. Besides me, you're the first person to post, Lafayette Mom. I hope people haven't written her off because of the adults around her. At 15 she is still a child. Lord knows how long she's been abused. I have a terrible feeling this case will turn out to be like Shaniya Davis where the mom was selling her little girl for drugs. IMHO that's why she wasn't reported missing and her cousin lied. JMO.

I've looked at this thread, just didn't have anything useful to post. I do hope the girl is found soon.

I've looked at this thread, just didn't have anything useful to post. I do hope the girl is found soon.

Same here. I do hope this case will begin to get more attention now that it is clear that she isn't a runaway. LE really needs to stop classifying these children (and she is a child) as runaways by default. The minute most people see or hear that they move right on to a more "important" case. The fact is that the minute these children hit the street they become endangered. It's so much easier to victimize a child that nobody is even looking for and these children soon learn they are in no shape to make it on their own so they tend to trust the first "friendly" person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is she... Far too long without any reported progress!

A bit O/T:
ACI...I pray for you everyday because I know your job can become very dangerous if you are discovered. Definitely takes a special person to do what you do! After watching how you responded to the statements made about you in another case showed a great amount of professionalism on your part. The family of Keiosha Felix is very lucky to have you working on the case.

Same here. I do hope this case will begin to get more attention now that it is clear that she isn't a runaway. LE really needs to stop classifying these children (and she is a child) as runaways by default. The minute most people see or hear that they move right on to a more "important" case. The fact is that the minute these children hit the street they become endangered. It's so much easier to victimize a child that nobody is even looking for and these children soon learn they are in no shape to make it on their own so they tend to trust the first "friendly" person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM
In all fairness to LE in this case, Keiosha was listed as a runaway because her family lied to LE.
The teen’s disappearance initially was investigated as a juvenile runaway case, but that changed a few months later to a missing person when investigators learned family members had not spoken with the girl and did not know where she was, Andrew said.

Andrew said investigators had a late start on the case “because of the lies that were told by the parties involved.
A fair question may be why it took LE so long to find out that they were lying. If the alleged contact with Keiosha was by phone, why didn't LE check phone records to try and locate her? If it was from a person allegedly in contact with her, was there any corroborating witness's? I don't know, maybe these people did a good job of fooling LE for awhile before being caught in their lies.
JMO.

I think it is very obvious that the family members that got arrested know where she is and ir what happend to her. And who is taking care of her baby ???

BBM
In all fairness to LE in this case, Keiosha was listed as a runaway because her family lied to LE.

A fair question may be why it took LE so long to find out that they were lying. If the alleged contact with Keiosha was by phone, why didn't LE check phone records to try and locate her? If it was from a person allegedly in contact with her, was there any corroborating witness's? I don't know, maybe these people did a good job of fooling LE for awhile before being caught in their lies.
JMO.

Can't say anything about LE in this case. At the time, it was a runaway case. The family stated that the KF had apparently been in contact with them. The police would have no reason to check phone records for a runaway case, IMO. They had assumed family was telling. Now they know that they aren't. I just hope it isn't too late.

I am curious about the alleged rape charge on Leon Wilkerson Jr? Along with the second degree kidnapping charge.

Can't say anything about LE in this case. At the time, it was a runaway case. The family stated that the KF had apparently been in contact with them. The police would have no reason to check phone records for a runaway case, IMO. They had assumed family was telling. Now they know that they aren't. I just hope it isn't too late.

I am curious about the alleged rape charge on Leon Wilkerson Jr? Along with the second degree kidnapping charge.

Thanks for your reply. I was posting under the assumption that LE would try and help find runaway children. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for your reply. I was posting under the assumption that LE would try and help find runaway children. I guess I was wrong.

Unfortunately, I think that many are under the idea of 'if they don't want to be found, then there's little to be done' despite the fact that she's only 15 years old. Sad though. :(

SBM
I'm also curious about how LE came up with these charges. Keiosha isn't available to tell her story, so we have this.
Credeur wrote that he had talked to several witnesses who had all stated that Wilkerson, Andrus’ boyfriend, had raped Keiosha Felix. Andrus initially denied knowing anything about the rape, but later told Credeur that Keiosha Felix had told her that Wilkerson “played with her privates,” Credeur wrote.

I wonder if any of these witness's actually saw this rape happen and didn't say anything until later, or is it all hearsay? I would hope that LE has more than hearsay evidence. And I suspect that they do otherwise this Leon guy will simply walk.

As for kidnapping, I haven't looked up the law in Louisiana, but just detaining someone and preventing them from freely leaving an area can be considered as kidnapping in a lot of jurisdictions.

I hope that Keiosha is in hiding from her dysfunctional family and will be found safe and alive soon.

Unfortunately, I think that many are under the idea of 'if they don't want to be found, then there's little to be done' despite the fact that she's only 15 years old. Sad though. :(

Just bouncing off your post, but what do people expect LE to do? And they're right, if they don't want to be found, there's not much they can do. Running away is not a crime, AFAIK, so they can't pursue the runaway like they would a criminal. Despite all the warnings from parents, teachers, friends, etc., thousands of kids still run away every year, and many of them are never found. How is LE supposed to prevent that? I think people expect too much from them, and tend to put the blame on them when the answers start at home. Why did they run away to start with and what were they running from? What is going on in the home that caused them to want to get away from it? That's what the problem is, IMHO.

Still trying to get her phone records. For a while people were lying about her even having a phone. After it was discovered that she did all the paperwork was sent off by LE to request the records. Unfortunately, it's a stupidly long process. Most of the time LE can ask the family to print out their own records and thus skip all the warrants and subpoenas etc. But in this case, the one's with access to her records aren't cooperating. So it could be months before those phone records are given to us by ATT. So, I'm in the process of trying to find a helpful ATT rep who can simply pull the number up and give me the call and text history from April 29th to when it was turned off. Company policy be damned. It's a 15 year old girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back