1395 users online (264 members and 1131 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    106

    The train track

    Im not seeing a whole lot discussed with the new revelation that the train tracks could be the item that caused the odd abrasions on JB.

    Kolar says the "O" gauge matches perfectly to her wounds.

    I know there was some discussion in one of the other threads, and some posters were wondering about how it would be possible for the track to cause a burn.
    Maybe the two spots werent burns at all, and had nothing to do with current or electricity. Maybe the track was just poked into her skin, and the result was what we seen in the photos. Thats why the ME called them abrasions, and the taser gun company they were trying to say caused the marks (sorry the name escapes me) says their gun definitely did not cause those marks.

    We need someone to do an experiment with some "o" gauge tracks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Yeah a video was posted about o gauge tracks, but I couldn't see the ends up close.... I really want to see that. Can someone get a track and photo of the end and enlarge it, and compare with the close up of the spot on her face?

    Hurry up people.... Get on the ball!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Keep in mind that the autopsy report speaks of abrasions; there is no reference to burns.

    Kolar used a female subject to test his theory…
    One of my female officers, Christine Sandoval, volunteered to be a “beta”’ tester
    [snip]
    The pins of the track left red marks when sufficient pressure was applied, and I suspected that the twisting motion of the twin outside rails could have been responsible for the appearance of an abrasion, especially when considering that the target area was the soft skin of a 6-year-old girl’s back.
    Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 385 – 386
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    106
    There is a photo on page 386 of kolars book that shows a scaled one-to-one image of the abrasions with an overlay of the track ends (with the middle pin missing, it was said that the pins fall out of these easily) found on JB's back. Looks to be a match.


    Cynic: Right. That is why I think the taser company knew these marks were not caused by a stun gun, and why the ME did not mention a burn. Because the marks were not caused by something that had electricity or a current, ie a stun gun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by qtc View Post
    There is a photo on page 386 of kolars book that shows a scaled one-to-one image of the abrasions with an overlay of the track ends (with the middle pin missing, it was said that the pins fall out of these easily) found on JB's back. Looks to be a match.


    Cynic: Right. That is why I think the taser company knew these marks were not caused by a stun gun, and why the ME did not mention a burn. Because the marks were not caused by something that had electricity or a current, ie a stun gun.
    Lou Smit is one guy I could never figure out. One conclusion I came to is that he certainly was not the “legendary” detective that some proclaimed him to be.
    How could he be there in that interview with John Ramsey and have him tell that ridiculous story about the train room and the chair without knowing right then and there that he was lying to him. Don’t get me started on the rest of the nonsense in those interviews.
    Then to find out from Kolar about the deceptiveness in cropping out the cobweb, well, that me question Smit’s integrity which is something that I thought he might have possessed
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    650
    Hold on, "cropping out the cobwebs"?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Lou Smit is one guy I could never figure out. One conclusion I came to is that he certainly was not the “legendary” detective that some proclaimed him to be.
    How could he be there in that interview with John Ramsey and have him tell that ridiculous story about the train room and the chair without knowing right then and there that he was lying to him. Don’t get me started on the rest of the nonsense in those interviews.
    Then to find out from Kolar about the deceptiveness in cropping out the cobweb, well, that me question Smit’s integrity which is something that I thought he might have possessed
    Well perhaps smit knew about Burke's involvement and decided to help protect him and justify it in his mind as having compassion for them and thereby following thru with the absurd intruder story and defending them and their contradictions and lies, even if he knew otherwise....

    Maybe that would explain his sudden seeming lack of judgement in this case since he is supposed to be a great detective but 'decided' they could possibly not be guilty....
    Maybe he was smarter than everyone thought after all..

    Or, he was just naive after all and didn't want to believe the truth and i'm just giving him too much credit....

    Same curious thing can be said for John Douglas, too, can't it? Or maybe they both just had a number at which they could be bought... or they knew more and decided to go against what they knew and protect someone because he was a child?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    Hold on, "cropping out the cobwebs"?
    In comparing Smit’s work to the evidence, Kolar speaks of Smit excluding a cobweb among other things in his presentation.

    With regard to the intruder’s access through the window grate, Smit specifically pointed to vegetation that was growing between the cement foundation of the wall and the metal frame- his premise being that the grate had been lifted by the perpetrator to gain access to the basement and had pinned the plant material beneath it. Yet, in the same photograph, he ignored clusters of pine needles that were sitting atop the grate. These certainly would have been displaced if the grate had been recently lifted as he was theorizing, and I didn’t understand how he could dismiss evidence that was clearly in plain sight.
    I found it puzzling that he didn’t present any photographs of the cobweb situated in the lower left hand corner of the window frame. My review of the 35 mm still photographs suggested this triangular-shaped web to be of significant size and very likely would have been destroyed by someone climbing through the window. I couldn’t fathom why he neglected to include this as a part of his presentation of the intruder theory.
    Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 234 – 235
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    Well perhaps smit knew about Burke's involvement and decided to help protect him and justify it in his mind as having compassion for them and thereby following thru with the absurd intruder story and defending them and their contradictions and lies, even if he knew otherwise....

    Maybe that would explain his sudden seeming lack of judgement in this case since he is supposed to be a great detective but 'decided' they could possibly not be guilty....
    Maybe he was smarter than everyone thought after all..

    Or, he was just naive after all and didn't want to believe the truth and i'm just giving him too much credit....

    Same curious thing can be said for John Douglas, too, can't it? Or maybe they both just had a number at which they could be bought... or they knew more and decided to go against what they knew and protect someone because he was a child?
    I find it much easier to explain Douglas. He initially was a victim of “garbage in, garbage out.”
    By only getting information from the Ramsey camp he formed an incorrect conclusion after which time his ego prevented him from backtracking.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I find it much easier to explain Douglas. He initially was a victim of “garbage in, garbage out.”
    By only getting information from the Ramsey camp he formed an incorrect conclusion after which time his ego prevented him from backtracking.
    Oh yeah, that's right... i remember the deal with how douglas got his info, now that you say that.

    But it is definitely obvious that smit purposely is creating the evidence skew for an intruder theory, which i guess is his job if they hired him as'their' investigator.. but then right there that should tell you where his potential interests are going to lie, maybe?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    Oh yeah, that's right... i remember the deal with how douglas got his info, now that you say that.

    But it is definitely obvious that smit purposely is creating the evidence skew for an intruder theory, which i guess is his job if they hired him as'their' investigator.. but then right there that should tell you where his potential interests are going to lie, maybe?
    Well, sadly, Smit got off on the wrong track (no pun intended) while in the employ of Alex Hunter. It was the little impromptu “prayer meeting” he had with the Ramseys that sealed the deal in Lou’s mind. What I could never figure out is why nothing made him waver?
    Alex Hunter had launched his own investigation, allegedly to identify holes in the case that might be exploited by a defense attorney. He brought over Steve Ainsworth, an investigator from the sheriff’s department, then hired Smit, a slight, balding sixty-one-year-old former lawman from Colorado Springs.
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 167-168

    Lou Smit, whom I considered thoroughly compromised because of his unwavering commitment to the Ramseys, met privately with the Ramseys at 755 Fifteenth Street and prayed with them inside his van. He later announced that he would never participate in their indictment or arrest.
    JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Steve Thomas, pages 207-208
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    I want to know how JR slid through that window, over that glass, in his undies and didnt cut himself... Didnt anyone wonder how the intruder did it without cutting his/herself....

    Seems this case had the only Teflon web and dull shards of glass....

    Gross, now I have to go to bed with the image of JR in his undies...
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    But is it not possible that his private van prayer meeting with them was also where he could have gotten more information from them, the whole story of what really happened and why he was so 'convinced' as to why he would never indict them?

    And i knew this was the deal, that he was supposedly convinced after praying with them that one time... but fabricating, omitting, compromising evidence, and defending them no matter how much they lied?
    Is he this blind, this one time, after one private prayer, as he said, or was some sad truth revealed to him about what really happened during that prayer, and he then found it reason enough to become their ally?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    But is it not possible that his private van prayer meeting with them was also where he could have gotten more information from them, the whole story of what really happened and why he was so 'convinced' as to why he would never indict them?

    And i knew this was the deal, that he was supposedly convinced after praying with them that one time... but fabricating, omitting, compromising evidence, and defending them no matter how much they lied?
    Is he this blind, this one time, after one private prayer, as he said, or was some sad truth revealed to him about what really happened during that prayer, and he then found it reason enough to become their ally?
    That's why I can't figure him out. Talk about testing your faith. It's incredible what he let slide. I can't begin to imagine how difficult this situation was for Steve Thomas.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Lou Smit is one guy I could never figure out. One conclusion I came to is that he certainly was not the “legendary” detective that some proclaimed him to be.
    How could he be there in that interview with John Ramsey and have him tell that ridiculous story about the train room and the chair without knowing right then and there that he was lying to him. Don’t get me started on the rest of the nonsense in those interviews.
    Then to find out from Kolar about the deceptiveness in cropping out the cobweb, well, that me question Smit’s integrity which is something that I thought he might have possessed

    An envelope may have been passed?
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. No laugh track here!
    By 2 percent in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM