ME ME - William Garlick, 27, & John Joyce, 33, Worcester MA to Alton ME, 13 Sep 1982

q64ceo

Reaction score
No Doe nor Charlie pages. This one from Maine's Missing Persons website

http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=state_police_unsolved&id=21699&v=Article-missing

William Garlick, dob 3-18-55, and John Joyce, dob 6-15-49, left Worcester, MA on 9-13-82 enroute to Alton, Maine to collect a $22,000 debt. They were operating a black 1980 Corvette, Mass. Registration 512-EVZ. The Corvette was found in the parking lot of the Bangor Mall in Bangor, Maine on 9-14-82. The ignition was torn apart, as well as the interior of the vehicle. A man's wallet, belonging to William Garlick, was found on the seat of the vehicle. John Joyce and William Garlick have not been seen since.

News article about the two being in a cocaine ring: http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...i80AAAAIBAJ&sjid=WeEIAAAAIBAJ&pg=4006,3622796

Sounds like two drug pushers got killed for some stupid reason and now no one cares about them because of the criminal background.

They have both been added to NamUs. I couldn't find any additional information surrounding their disappearance. All the sites that have them listed as missing give the same story.

NamUs - William Garlick

NamUs - John Joyce

This is a picture of John. It's very grainy and obviously not the best quality but at least it was made public. William's case-file is still picture-less.

This case has always baffled me.

I don’t know this case well other than what’s easily available. I go between thinking they are lost to our woods waiting for a hunter to stumble upon them to thinking they might have gotten the $22000 and hopped the border.

I don’t know this case well other than what’s easily available. I go between thinking they are lost to our woods waiting for a hunter to stumble upon them to thinking they might have gotten the $22000 and hopped the border.

I only know what's been in the media, too. Not sure how well you know the Bangor area, but my thoughts are they were murdered and their car dumped at the mall in hopes it would go unnoticed for as long as possible. I think if they had hopped the border (to the north), their car would have been found up north, like in Houlton, where the border is right there. They could have ditched the car right off the highway in the rest area and walked to Canada. Coming back to Bangor was doubling back from their destination, if they were only going to go north again.
If they were heading south of the border, they would have had to get a ride from the mall to either the Greyhound station, which used to be downtown, or to the airport on the other side of town.
And if they caught a cab to either location, I'm confident the Bangor PD talked to local cab drivers, in addition to checking buses and planes. I base this on past case experiences they've worked on where they did that.
Not saying it's impossible they left on their own accord, but I think they would have resurfaced by now, cuz $22k split 2 ways wouldn't have lasted this long.

I only know what's been in the media, too. Not sure how well you know the Bangor area, but my thoughts are they were murdered and their car dumped at the mall in hopes it would go unnoticed for as long as possible. I think if they had hopped the border (to the north), their car would have been found up north, like in Houlton, where the border is right there. They could have ditched the car right off the highway in the rest area and walked to Canada. Coming back to Bangor was doubling back from their destination, if they were only going to go north again.
If they were heading south of the border, they would have had to get a ride from the mall to either the Greyhound station, which used to be downtown, or to the airport on the other side of town.
And if they caught a cab to either location, I'm confident the Bangor PD talked to local cab drivers, in addition to checking buses and planes. I base this on past case experiences they've worked on where they did that.
Not saying it's impossible they left on their own accord, but I think they would have resurfaced by now, cuz $22k split 2 ways wouldn't have lasted this long.

Fairly familiar with Bangor but I had to map Alton. Geography is not my area. I think they probably met with foul play as a result of the debt and the car dumped in Bangor. I’m just not sure what happened to them. I Google Earthed Alton and it looks like mostly farms, fields, a few streams, the river, etc. I didn’t see any heavily wooded areas but it could look much different if actually there. And I95 goes right through there so that’s easy access to lots of other places.

1703888358954.png

1703888614106.png

Deformities: John Joyce was involved in a motorcycle crash just before going missing. John sustained damage to his hips and his hands.
Scars And Marks: John Joyce was believed to have had his spleen removed due to a recent motorcycle crash before he went missing.
Artificial Body Parts: John Joyce is reported to have pins in his hips and hands from a recent motorcycle crash prior to going missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back