GUILTY KS - Carol Mould, 43, found strangled, Butler County, 22 Sept 2004

smoothie

smoothie
Reaction score
Carol Mould age 43 of Benton, Ks. was found dead in her home early in the afternoon of Sept. 22, 2004. First indications were, she caught on fire while mowing-further investigation revealed she was DEAD prior to being set on fire. Media report-
http://www.ksffa.com/September%20Firenews/fire_set_to_mask_rural_killing.htm

To date there have been no good leads in the investigation. There are no suspects named-no cause of death has been released-Carol's body has not been released-the house sustained minor fire damage-but considerable smoke damage. The floor (not just carpet-the floor) where Carol was lying was removed from the home-two steps from both the up and down staircases near where Carol's body was found were also COMPLETELY removed from the home...why do I mention this---Mr. Mould and those three young children moved BACK into that home in less than 6 weeks after their WIFE and MOTHER was found SMOLDERING in their living room. IMAGINE THE SMELL ALONE-NOT JUST THE CONCEPT OF WHAT HAPPENED IN THE HOUSE. To get from downstairs to upstairs-they would have to WALK over the area where Carol was laying....I find that to the point of CRUELTY-

Douglas E Mould, Phd, Carol's husband, is a psychologist in the Wichita area-
"He said he frequently serves as an expert witness in Sedgwick County trials on psychological evaluations, often regarding sexual abuse." Taken from link above...Dr. Mould also has published articles from the late 80s and 90s...They contain some very interesting views on women-sex-abuse-false memory syndrome-etc. I am including a couple of the most interesting links-

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume9/j9_3_3.htm
THis is a lengthy article-I want to share one a few stmts here with you, so hopefully you will feel compelled to read more of this article-
"Power in its purest form is (merely) the ability to have impact on another, and can be covert as well as overt. When what one wants from another is deference, affirmation, or reciprocity, it is the other who holds the ultimate power. The man who wants most to be sexually desired by a woman is at her mercy even if it is he who can take her life."

I encourage you to read at least the first 4 pages of this article-it appears Dr. Mould has some "issues" with women, power, etc."

What else do I know about Doug Mould...He was 12 years older than Carol-married and divorced twice before-son of a Episcipol Priest also named Doug Mould. His parents are both deceased and their ashes are scattered in the back yard of the house where Doug and Carol currently live..Doug's grandmother-Edna lived with him and Carol for awhile-here is her obit-http://stmarksonthemesa.org/with_god.htm

Doug has a brother and a sister-three children-two boys-one girl...

Read Doug's article above-then share your thoughts, please.

:banghead:

I am happy to report that an arrest has been made. I drove by the Mould home everyday during this time period.
I am sure if they made an arrest they have the goods on the perp.

Here is the link to the news....

55 year old Cessna employee arrested in connection with 5-year-old Butler County murder.

http://www.kansas.com/news/breaking/story/821464.html

I just found out today the person that was arrested was my son's boy scout leader for 2 years.

http://www.kansas.com/news/story/822318.html

Tammy Moore said her husband is assigned to a tool crib at Cessna, has volunteered in the Scouting program and has coached youth baseball and basketball. "He loves children," she said.

The whole town is in shock.

Just a comment about the article by the psychologist husband posted above. This is an academic argument about the "politics" of victimization--an argument that focuses on how feminist WRITING creates a "victim role" for women that prevents their movement toward equality: "For feminists to continue to tout the old line in today's world is a refusal to take responsibility for oneself, and in doing so displays an underlying agenda of refusing to become equal." He argues that men are socialized to protect women; he argues tthat men are often victims, too.

As in nearly all academic articles, this is a theoretical argument, one that must have suffered a lot of damage given what happened to his wife.

Wonder what the motive would be??

I lived in the same town with the man arrested for 2 years. I sent my son camping trips with Boy Scouts with this man. All I can tell you is my son at the time was reading the Harry Potter books. I got a strange email from the Moore at the time expounding quotes from he bible and basically chastising me for letting my son read those books. At the time, I really remember being pizzed off and thought he crossed the line a little bit. Like somehow he thought he was better than me and he was so just. I didn't respond to the email, I felt it better not to discuss it with him. (not like I don't go to mass and read the bible myself)

It seems I remember the news back then that something of value was missing out of the home.

One thing I can say, is because of who he was in the community, I would think the police had solid evidence before arresting him.

I am trying to find out if Carol and he attending the Methodist church in Benton together or were on any commitees.

I lived in the same town with the man arrested for 2 years. I sent my son camping trips with Boy Scouts with this man. All I can tell you is my son at the time was reading the Harry Potter books. I got a strange email from the Moore at the time expounding quotes from he bible and basically chastising me for letting my son read those books. At the time, I really remember being pizzed off and thought he crossed the line a little bit. Like somehow he thought he was better than me and he was so just. I didn't respond to the email, I felt it better not to discuss it with him. (not like I don't go to mass and read the bible myself)

It seems I remember the news back then that something of value was missing out of the home.

One thing I can say, is because of who he was in the community, I would think the police had solid evidence before arresting him.

I am trying to find out if Carol and he attending the Methodist church in Benton together or were on any commitees.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Apparently, he knew her through Boy Scouts! I wonder if this is related to Carol's son reading Harry Potter books or some other perceived "sin." It gives me the chills to think you were on his radar at some point.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Apparently, he knew her through Boy Scouts! I wonder if this is related to Carol's son reading Harry Potter books or some other perceived "sin." It gives me the chills to think you were on his radar at some point.

I asked my son last night all that he could remember. He always seemed very nice and liked working with the boys.

My son said that he was always reading the bible.. like all the time. Always had it with him. He remembers the boys couldn't even say Holy chit without getting a sermon.

I wonder now if I would have argued or had a problem with him.... :eek:

Then again.. she also knew him through the local school. Their boys are seniors together this upcoming school year.

Not that it matters, but they will both be Jrs next year. I am curious...did Bill Moore carry/read the Bible all of the time..before or after Carol was killed?

Not that it matters, but they will both be Jrs next year. I am curious...did Bill Moore carry/read the Bible all of the time..before or after Carol was killed?

Thanks for the correction. Before. My son was in scouts from Sept 2002 to Aug 2004.

I think he must have confessed because the police have 10 hours of interviews and his wife says...."You can print that my husband is having a nervous breakdown, and he does not know what he is saying," she said. "My husband is not a murderer."

http://www.kansas.com/news/crime-courts/story/822318.html

IMO Moore used the scouts and religion just like BTK/Rader and he looks like him too. Many people thought BTK had killed Carol. I'm glad they found out who murdered her.

It turns out Doug Mould, Carol's husband, passed away just over two years ago, in November 2011. I just happened to see the article tonight.

Rest in peace.

Benton resident Doug Mould died over the weekend. His family says he died of a coronary embolism which is an obstruction in a blood vessel.

His death came as a shock to his family and three teenage children. They already lost their mother. Carol Mould was murdered at their Benton home in 2004. For years, the case was unsolved and at one point Doug was considered a person of interest by authorities.

More here: http://articles.kwch.com/2011-11-30/benton_30452708

From May 2010:

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article1030581.html

Butler County District Judge John Sanders sentenced Moore, 56, to 165 months - the maximum sentence allowed by law - for second-degree murder in the killing of Carol Mould.

Moore was originally charged with first-degree murder but pleaded guilty in March to the reduced charge...

Moore told Butler County sheriff's Sgt. Kelly Herzet and Kansas Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Dave Falletti that Mould had been strangled with a green cord - a detail never released to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog
Back