Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Psychiatrist Treating Shooting Suspect Previously Reprimanded
James Holmes Treated By CU Psychiatrist
TheDenverChannel team
POSTED: 1:03 pm MDT July 27, 2012
UPDATED: 8:44 pm MDT July 27, 2012

DENVER -- The psychiatrist who was seeing Aurora movie theater shooting suspect James Holmes, was reprimanded by the Colorado Board of Medical Examiners in 2005.

Dr. Lynne Fenton was reprimanded in February 2005 for prescribing medication to herself, her husband and employee, according to documents obtained by 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

More at link: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31312016/detail.html

All I can say is, wow!

Re: Dr Fenton
The final order by the State Board of Medical Examiners said the prescriptions were made on several occasions between 1997 and 1999. According to the order, the incidents came to light in an investigation after Fenton told the Drug Enforcement Administration that a former employee was fraudulently attempting to fill prescriptions.

According to the board's order, Fenton:
Prescribed Claritin to herself and her husband. At the time, it was a prescription drug; now it is sold over the counter.
Prescribed Lorazepam and Vicodin for an employee suffering chronic headaches and anxiety.
Provided four Xanax tablets to an employee for anxiety over an airline flight.
Took three Xanax tablets during her mother's terminal illness.
Prescribed Ambien to her husband for insomnia.
Did not maintain medical charts for the prescriptions.

for the complete board order :
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/download/2012/0728/31313898.pdf

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...a-shooting-suspect-had-medical-reprimand?lite

PSYCHOTHERAPY
Anschutz Medical Campus Student Health

The University of Colorado Denver Department of Psychiatry has contracted with certain providers for psychiatric services (Select Providers). This service is completely confidential. If you are enrolled in the student insurance, benefits are available at 100%, with no deductible, to $80 per session, limit 20 sessions unless diagnosed with a biologically based mental illness and certain specified Mental Disorders as mandated by Colorado law. For further information on these benefits contact the Student Insurance Office.

To schedule an appointment on:

Appointment Day Contact Name
Phone

Monday and Tuesdays Janice Shire, NP
Wednesdays Lynne Fenton, MD
Thursdays and Fridays Margaret Roath, LCSW
You may also call the new central number for the Mental Health center at 303-724-4716.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/life/servic...urance/student-plans/Pages/Psychotherapy.aspx

Fenton's HPPP Profile ( link )

NB: HPPP = Healthcare Professions Profiling Program (h/t February)

ETA ~ K, this is interesting. She had a med-mal settlement in 1997, in colorado.

Sources say Dr. Lynne Fenton, who treated Holmes this spring, contacted several members of the BETA team in separate conversations. According to the university website, the BETA team consists of "key" staff members from various CU departments who have specific expertise in dealing with assessing potential threats on campus. And, sources say, officials at the University of Colorado never contacted Aurora police with Fenton’s concerns before the July 20 killings.

Source: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31324092/detail.html

BBM

I thought I'd read somewhere that JH began treatment a lot earlier that spring. Does anyone else recall that? If you do, please post what you remember. MOO

From the link in my previous post:

ABC News learned Fenton was a key member in setting up BETA in 2010, and she is currently one of the contacts for anyone who has concerns about an on-campus threat. A University of Colorado spokeswoman acknowledged that Fenton is one of several trained CU contacts who can convene the team in consultation with the chairman.

She made initial calls about "engaging" BETA team in the first 10 days of June but it allegedly never came to fruition, due to JH starting the process of dropping out. I wish we had access to more specific dates.

It appears Dr. Fenton has my kind of luck ... day late, dollar short. JMO

remember if you want to discuss her treatment of Holmes it should be done in the Psych thread.

This is for her background information and about her specifically.

Dr. Lynne Fenton's Bio that was Deleted from U of Colorado
The psychiatrist who was treating Aurora massacre suspect James Holmes is Dr. Lynne Fenton. Her bio has been deleted from the University of Colorado where she worked.

Some quick thinkers grabbed the Google cache, so that we can all see what Fenton/U of C might want to hide:

Lynne Fenton, MD
Assistant Professor

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/07/dr-lynne-fentons-bio-that-was-deleted.html

ETA: And now here is the real page, I just dunno' what's going on:

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/c...s/psychiatry/Faculty/Pages/Fenton, Lynne.aspx

Seems like they're really getting paranoid over at UC Anshutz Medical Center!
Covering up and hiding everything that was visible days ago. Makes 'em look like they've got a lot to hide, to these eyes! Ooops!
:rant:

Looks like someone is editing her Colorado License info...

https://www.colorado.gov/dora/licensing/Lookup/PrintLicenseDetails.aspx?cred=423104&contact=457157

Now the 2004 case was removed - although this is a lesser charge and ended up with no disciplinary action. This was her case on prescribing medications and not following up with the chart.

The June 19, 2012 stayed - and this is what i am curious about

Name and Address
Name Public Address
Lynne Lesley Fenton Lynne Fenton Md
13001 East 17th Place-Mail Stop F546
Aurora, CO 80045

Credential Information
Credential Number Credentialing Method Credential Type Credential Status Original Issue Date Effective Date Expiration Date
DR.0032723 Original Physician Active 07/15/1993 06/01/2011 04/30/2013

Board/Progam Actions
Case Number Public Action Resolution
2001-5101021920 Stipulation Stipulation

Online Documents
If you have trouble accessing documents from the links below, you may also try our Registrations Online Documents (ROD) service.
Link Date DocType DocSource
View Document 06/19/2012 HPPP-CO PUBLIC DISCIPLINARY ACTION IMAGE

sorry - that i just copy and pasted what is on DORA / HPPP so just in case info there will change, we can compare.

I dont know how accurate this link is so take it with a grain of salt not unless that Steffan Andrews comes out..

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...es_holmes_doctor_discipline_prescriptions.php

we heard from Steffan Andrews, Fenton's ex-husband, and one of the people to whom she provided Claritin and other meds without keeping proper records, earning censure from a state medical board. He provides some interesting back story on a case about which much is being made in the media, even though it appears to be unrelated and very minor.
According to Andrews, who's been divorced from Fenton for about ten years but remains friendly with her, "someone in her office got a strange call from a pharmacy" circa the late 1990s. "There was a patient there trying to fill a prescription for Vicodin and nobody knew the patient. And in fairly short order, she was able to discover that it was her nurse."

At that point, Andrews continues, Fenton shared this information with the Drug Enforcement Administration, whose investigators were able to determine that the nurse had filled other prescriptions for Vicodin -- 1,200 to 1,400 of them, by his memory. But rather than stopping at busting the nurse, the DEA subsequently opened an inquiry into Fenton. Andrews's supposition about why: "The doctor gives the headlines."
What followed was a four-year investigation, after which the DEA "had nothing," in Andrews's view. "They had that Lynne hadn't opened and maintained a proper chart on me for my chronic hay fever [she gave him some Claritins before they were available over the counter], she gave me a small prescription for Ambien after a European vacation, and she had given the nurse some medicine without keeping a chart."

this is all a bit like 'victim sleuthing' to me.
This woman's career is over due to her affiliation w/ this,
all we can see she did was treat a patient with dignity.
I doubt the university wants their staff spending time
perusing a former student for a psychiatric issue.
If it had turned out he was 'fine' that sounds like a lawsuit.

I dont know how accurate this link is so take it with a grain of salt not unless that Steffan Andrews comes out..

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...es_holmes_doctor_discipline_prescriptions.php

Snipped.

I first read articles at Westword during the JonBenet Ramsey case starting in 1998 on. My experience with Westword is that their articles tend to be well written and that their reporting tends to be well researched and accurate.

The above article is the first one regarding this doctor that I have seen that has what I believe to be facts, and not conjecture. It fills in some holes and gaps in the drug prescription 'charge' that no one else has bothered to look into.

I believe the ex-husband and I believe the article. If any 'reporter' was in a position to do it and was so inclined, the next obvious follow up would be to look into the case of the office nurse to verify even further. IMO.

Snipped.

I first read articles at Westword during the JonBenet Ramsey case starting in 1998 on. My experience with Westword is that their articles tend to be well written and that their reporting tends to be well researched and accurate.

The above article is the first one regarding this doctor that I have seen that has what I believe to be facts, and not conjecture. It fills in some holes and gaps in the drug prescription 'charge' that no one else has bothered to look into.

I believe the ex-husband and I believe the article. If any 'reporter' was in a position to do it and was so inclined, the next obvious follow up would be to look into the case of the office nurse to verify even further. IMO.

The document relating to the case is on the web and I found it and read it last night, it backs up the statements made by her ex-Husband. I will see if I can find it again. It seems like this all stems from her Nurse forging scripts. It is very easy for office staff to do that, Vicodin can be called into the pharmacy (percocet cannot). I used to be a receptionist/biller for an ENT in the 90's around the same time this happened, and he would have the patients give me their scripts when they checked out, and I'd call them into the pharmacy.

Oh, and I should add, he would frequently have us raid the sample cabinet if we were sick, for antibiotics... and I don't think he kept a chart on that (although I know he kept a chart when he treated me for pneumonia and actually wrote me out scripts).

Edit:
Here is the order - it backs up what her ex says happened
http://www.scribd.com/doc/101735493/Lynne-Fenton-Disciplinary-Order

Now I'm starting to feel like a conspiracy theorist.

re: http://www.state.co.us/

I just can't help but ask if any of you think this case could cause the state of CO's web page to be down? I followed a link that came up on google for CO laws re: competency. I'm pretty sure I tried it last night but I know I tried it about 4.5 hours ago today and am getting an error message. Out of all the states, wouldn't you know Colorado is the one that we are unable to access.

Error Page 503

We are sorry about the inconvenience.

The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please check back in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact support at support@www.colorado.gov or by calling (800) 970-3468.

Return to www.colorado.gov or go back to the previous page.

:denied:
It's setting off my hinky meter!

If anyone is able to access it, could you please post that it's back online? TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back