756 users online (91 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Curiosity Shop Raises Eyebrows

Need a piece of jewelry made out of mouse bones? How about an undertaker's make-up kit from the 1940's? Head on over to "Requiem" a new store in Philly at 9th and South.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ises-eyebrows/

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Need a piece of jewelry made out of mouse bones? How about an undertaker's make-up kit from the 1940's? Head on over to "Requiem" a new store in Philly at 9th and South.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ises-eyebrows/
    The only thing I am curious about is the shop keepers mind.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

This kind of thing is right up my street lol, how I would love that mortician's make up kit
    England's dancing days are done...

lol having grown up going down "south street" MANY times. this type of store there fits right in, it sure doesn't surprise me any. actually i'll have to make note to remember next time i go to visit my kids. they pick me up in philly so i'll have to have them stop off there so i can check it out. yeah, i'm 55 but still like strange things like that. my kids, all in their 30s just shake their heads. then they say and their friends wonder where they get it from? lol
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Franchise it immediately.

ETA:

Here's that mortician's make-up kit.
    Last edited by wfgodot; 07-29-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    This kind of thing is right up my street lol, how I would love that mortician's make up kit

Here's her FB. You really want that? Where ya goin with that? Would you put it on display?

http://www.facebook.com/RequiemShop

Note by the comments on Chloe's wall we're a welcoming folk here. Even the Montessori school teachers nearby are glad to have her.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    lol having grown up going down "south street" MANY times. this type of store there fits right in, it sure doesn't surprise me any. actually i'll have to make note to remember next time i go to visit my kids. they pick me up in philly so i'll have to have them stop off there so i can check it out. yeah, i'm 55 but still like strange things like that. my kids, all in their 30s just shake their heads. then they say and their friends wonder where they get it from? lol
    athy, sadly I think you'd be disappointed. Once they put a Gap and a McD's on South Street it lost it's uniqueness. To me that is scarrier than the mouse bone necklace, and badhorsie's make up kit.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Franchise it immediately.

ETA:

Here's that mortician's make-up kit.
    Uh-Uh, no you did not. Look at the "wound eraser". FWIW that would freak my brother out big time. He's a mailcarrier and has delivered to Funeral Homes over the years. They get magazines with the tools of the trade in them. Why he'd even look at the cover is beyond me. I guess he had to look when he'd bunch it together and deliver it.

Man, if we had bank we could franchise. I have bad credit. Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Uh-Uh, no you did not. Look at the "wound eraser". FWIW that would freak my brother out big time. He's a mailcarrier and has delivered to Funeral Homes over the years. They get magazines with the tools of the trade in them. Why he'd even look at the cover is beyond me. I guess he had to look when he'd bunch it together and deliver it.

Man, if we had bank we could franchise. I have bad credit. Anybody?
    Bad credit here too! "We can't go wrong." My dad was a mail carrier (of the rural sort) and had to deliver live chicks, but never, say, fetal pigs in jars of formaldehyde. Takes me back to 11th grade biology, that.

this is totally my thing,love all things weird and wonderful.

i have to move to the US immediately lol!
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    ah south street! love it!
    tats, sex shops, clothing & shoe shops and philly cheestakes....all w/in matter of blocks. love it.
    but yes, this shop fits right in.....im sure i could find some things to take home! i collect "skulls" (yeah, dont ask lol) but im also a forensic major...soooooo lol

there is a shop like this in the UK....and I cant remember the name of it right now....
    dum spiro, spero

Ah yes - sugar skulls, for Dia de los Muertos. Had many of those in San Antonio. Botanicas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Bad credit here too! "We can't go wrong." My dad was a mail carrier (of the rural sort) and had to deliver live chicks, but never, say, fetal pigs in jars of formaldehyde. Takes me back to 11th grade biology, that.
    That entire post just offers up too many great names for our shop.

"We Can't Go Wrong"

"Formaldehyde Pigs"

"Live Chickies"

Oh I could go on. That postman job seems like a cool gig, don't it? That is until we see our loved ones out in 100 degree heat or blinding snow. Bless your dad.

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    this is totally my thing,love all things weird and wonderful.

i have to move to the US immediately lol!
    You're always welcome. Come on over, Sister.

Quote Originally Posted by prima.facie View Post
    ah south street! love it!
    tats, sex shops, clothing & shoe shops and philly cheestakes....all w/in matter of blocks. love it.
    but yes, this shop fits right in.....im sure i could find some things to take home! i collect "skulls" (yeah, dont ask lol) but im also a forensic major...soooooo lol

there is a shop like this in the UK....and I cant remember the name of it right now....
    You speak Latin so no way am I asking you why you collect skulls, Prima Facie.

Did you get to Harry's when you were on South Street?

http://articles.philly.com/1986-09-1...wders-eye-oils

Maybe you can tell me just what in the h*** that little mummified thing was that looked like a monkey that sat in that window for a bajillion years was.

BTW, when I was in there not too long ago with my DD who shops there regulary they kept sweeping around me and the store. I later mentioned how clean they must be, and she goes "Oh they wanted you out. Ma, they were sweeping away your bad energy and whoever them spirits are that come with you".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast