Thread: Kidnapping victim found tied up in NYPD detective's garage

Kidnapping victim found tied up in NYPD detective's garage

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...urces-say?lite

NEW YORK -- An NYPD detective has been suspended without pay after a kidnapping victim was found tied up in his Queens garage, sources tell NBC 4 New York.........

Police tracked the victim to the house in St. Albans off the victim's cell phone pings.......

Johnson denied any involvement with the kidnapping, but his cousin, Hakeem Clark -- who lives in the other half of the detective's two-family home -- has been charged with kidnapping, along with three other men.......

Geez, cuz, thanks for ruining my career!

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post

NEW YORK -- An NYPD detective has been suspended without pay after a kidnapping victim was found tied up in his Queens garage, sources tell NBC 4 New York.........

Police tracked the victim to the house in St. Albans off the victim's cell phone pings.......

Johnson denied any involvement with the kidnapping, but his cousin, Hakeem Clark -- who lives in the other half of the detective's two-family home -- has been charged with kidnapping, along with three other men.......

Geez, cuz, thanks for ruining my career!
    WTF is with the cops.
    this one had no idea what was going on....
    another one was found with a prostitute.
    We have a thread on that.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

sources say they found a safe and equipment to make fake credit cards

How convenient to have a cousin live next door...someone to blame your criminal acts on.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

This article says his cousin was charged but he wasn't.
    So I don't see anything to suggest that in fact he is blaming his cousin for something he did.
    Just my opinion

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I see nuttin....

Sources say police found a safe and equipment used to make fake credit cards inside the home.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

A safe and a machine used to make fake credit cards was also found. It just says inside the house is where the safe and machine were found; not which side of the house.

The cousin lives in the other half of the home, not just next door. Evidently the tied up kidnapping victim was in the detectives garage, meaning his side of the house.

I just do not buy that the detective did not know about all of this. LE officers are very attuned to people and their surroundings. I think both the detective and the cousin were into this.

So, we are supposed to believe that this detective had absolutely no idea his cousin was not into suspicious activity? Not much of a detective, is he?

I'm sorry, but the bad LE need to be weeded out and I would not trust this one as far as I could throw him. We will probably never hear a followup on this story, IMO. Both the detective and the cousin will more than likely get away with whatever they have done.

Sorry to be so negative, but this is what I think in this situation.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

i don't know what he knew or didn't know. But since his cousin was arrested and not him, that suggests he isn't just blaming it on his cousin.
    Just my opinion

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    But he was suspended without pay. Not administrative leave pending an investigation....suspended without pay.

HMM.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    But he was suspended without pay. Not administrative leave pending an investigation....suspended without pay.

HMM.
    But if he was involved in kidnapping one would expect him to be arrested, not just suspended (with pay or without).
    Just my opinion

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Imo, this whole case comes across as extremely fishy. I would not be the least bit surprised if it turns out that not only the detective but the alleged "kidnap victim" was also in on it. ( link )

According to police, the 25-year-old victim was kidnapped in front of his Cambria Heights home early Friday morning. Cops said that Jason Hutson pulled a gun and told the victim, “Don’t try anything funny or I’ll shoot you.”

Another accomplice then put a T-shirt over the victim’s head, tossed him into an SUV and took him to the garage behind the NYPD officer’s house, where they bound his hands with zip ties and his feet with rope.

One of the kidnappers then called one of the victim’s relatives, demanding $75,000 — but the relative recognized the kidnapper’s voice, cops said.

[..]

Johnson avoided charges, but was stripped of his badge and gun as cops continue to probe the incident.

“He’s still not completely off the hook,” a source said. “Something is not right here. They’re going to try to find out what he was doing there and how he knows these guys.”

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    A safe and a machine used to make fake credit cards was also found. It just says inside the house is where the safe and machine were found; not which side of the house.

The cousin lives in the other half of the home, not just next door. Evidently the tied up kidnapping victim was in the detectives garage, meaning his side of the house.

I just do not buy that the detective did not know about all of this. LE officers are very attuned to people and their surroundings. I think both the detective and the cousin were into this.

So, we are supposed to believe that this detective had absolutely no idea his cousin was not into suspicious activity? Not much of a detective, is he?

I'm sorry, but the bad LE need to be weeded out and I would not trust this one as far as I could throw him. We will probably never hear a followup on this story, IMO. Both the detective and the cousin will more than likely get away with whatever they have done.

Sorry to be so negative, but this is what I think in this situation.
    There may be no evidence to prove he was indeed involved in the criminal activity or the kidnapping, and to give him the benefit of the doubt for a moment, also possible he did not use the garage.

Hopefully more information will come out about this case........

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    But if he was involved in kidnapping one would expect him to be arrested, not just suspended (with pay or without).
    Not during the initial investigation surely. Seeing as how he was stripped of his badge and his gun, there is something about the situation that makes the NYPD believe it is appropriate to take away his money, his badge and his gun.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

wouldn't a detective be smart enough to throw the phone away somewhere else so that it didn't ping at his house?

I'm surprised he was suspended without pay and am trying to figure out if the safe & credit card fraud machinery was in his portion of the house

looks like the garage was behind the house so quite possible he didn't know the victim was in there

but yeah ... that suspended without pay thing makes me suspicious of him

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

The suspects are:

Hakeem Clark, 30 (Ondre's cousin)
    Jason Hutson, 27
    James Gayle, 27
    Alfredo Haughton, 24

Alfredo's on FB and it looks like he has at least 3 daughters. So sad for them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    There may be no evidence to prove he was indeed involved in the criminal activity or the kidnapping, and to give him the benefit of the doubt for a moment, also possible he did not use the garage.

Hopefully more information will come out about this case........

MOO
    I know, panthera, and usually I would give the benefit of doubt to an LE officer and defend him/her vigorously as my late husband was retired LE and I have worked in the system as well. This is also the reason I do not buy the detective not knowing his cousin is into suspicious activity while living in the same house. LE is very, very attuned to their surroundings and to people in general. I saw the house on TV and it is really not very big. I find it hard to believe too much could go on within that house that all the occupants would not be aware of.

This is one story I just do not buy.

MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

This whole story is double dipped in hink. Equipment used to make phony credit cards was found in the cousin's side of the house. The victim has been arrested three times for forgery (according to "a source"). The victim claims not to know the kidnappers, yet when the ransom call was made, the relative who answered recognized the kidnapper's voice.

According to a source, the victim has at least three prior arrests for forgery, and the kidnapping does not appear to be random.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...164148196.html

One of the kidnappers then called one of the victim’s relatives, demanding $75,000 — but the relative recognized the kidnapper’s voice, cops said.

The victim claimed that he didn’t know the suspected kidnappers or why they targeted him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1123968

If it was just the kidnapping, I'd be willing to cut the LEO some slack. I have a problem believing that he was unaware of the other things that it appears were going on in that house. Who brings a kidnapping victim and phony credit card equipment to the house he shares with a cop? Even if his apartment is isolated from the rest of the house, why would he think he could get away with doing those things? Not to mention his cohorts. Wouldn't they be a little worried, too? JMO

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Who brings a kidnapping victim and phony credit card equipment to the house he shares with a cop? Even if his apartment is isolated from the rest of the house, why would he think he could get away with doing those things? Not to mention his cohorts. Wouldn't they be a little worried, too? JMO
    From your post bessie....exactly. The best place to keep a kidnapping victim was the house of a cop? Yeah right.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

A video has been added at the bottom of bessie's link above and the LE interviewed said the phone used in the kidnapping call was the suspended cop's phone (!), that he has a lot to explain but they have no hard evidence to charge him at this time...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1123968

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post: