Identified! NC - Rockingham, Human bones found in well. Jul'12 - Cecil Collins

Bones_in_hands_of_state_medical_examiner1_1343428443.jpg

http://www.yourdailyjournal.com/vie...icle-Bones-in-hands-of-state-medical-examiner

“We have two missing person reports that we’re looking at really closely,” said Kelly. “The decomposition of the body gives them a more specific idea of how long ago it occurred.”

Read more: Richmond County Daily Journal - Bones in hands of state medical examiner

Kimster - wow! They have to give us that cryptic statement and make me wonder who it is that they are referring to?!!

IIRC, Rockingham isn't all that far from Ft. Bragg.

If someone were heading east say, to I-95 from Ft. Bragg, would that person go through Rockingham?

I am cartographically challenged, so forgive me if I am turned around.

Yep. Backwards. Ft. Bragg is about an hour east of Rockingham.

Still, quite close......

I'm curious as to who the two missing persons are that they referred to in the article. I'm not finding reports of missing persons in that county. Do you guys think they mean in surrounding counties?

I'm curious as to who the two missing persons are that they referred to in the article. I'm not finding reports of missing persons in that county. Do you guys think they mean in surrounding counties?

That would be my guess. Or do you think maybe they mean a very old MP case?

That would be my guess. Or do you think maybe they mean a very old MP case?

I looked at the very old ones and didn't see any in that area. They aren't always listed though. The article mentioned the remains floating to the top so I also assumed the remains were recent.

:waitasec:

Another case where I didn't find any missing person information online about the victim. :sigh:

:rose: Rest in peace, Cecil :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back