Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
    In Session Koch continues. “For them to stand there and say we’re intentionally trying to mislead the jury…we never did that…we never got to that point…I don’t believe their proposition that we’re intentionally trying to mislead them about the hole in the wall has any merit. Regarding the $25,000 [that Peterson allegedly wanted to pay a hit man], we will be filing a motion to admit that...we’ll be filing that motion this afternoon, and asking the Court to revisit that.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Ouch! WTH?

2m In Session ‏@InSession
    #drewpeterson : Judge White on In Session just responded by saying the "bullet" never came up while he was trial judge.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session Koch continues to argue against the mistrial request by reading a transcript from a pre-trial hearing held while Judge Stephen White was still in charge of the Peterson case. “For them to sit here and suggest that we’re trying to bring inadmissible evidence in front of the jury, Judge White has not ruled that it’s inadmissible. And in regard to the bullet testimony yesterday, you heard the explanation offered by Miss Patton…right or wrong, Your Honor gave a ruling. And the State accepts that ruling. But to sit here now and say that was intentionally done to goad a mistrial is patently absurd. They can’t have it both ways.”
    A few seconds ago

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session Koch: “We are two witnesses into this trial. There hasn’t been any testimony to suggest that that [bedroom] door was locked that night, and somebody broke it and broke in. The testimony has been about security. There hasn’t been testimony that she [Savio] was in fear of Mr. Peterson. The purpose of putting this testimony in is because of security. Again, they want to speculate and suggest the State is trying to do something misleading…they want to suggest we’re trying to mislead this jury; that’s absurd, Your Honor.”

In Session Koch: “The State is entitled to a fair trial, just as the defense. That’s what we’re trying to do…to support the position that the defendant is guilty of murdering Kathleen Savio. We’re asking that you deny the motion, and we are ready to proceed today. Thank you.”

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session Greenberg responds: “Wow! This is a wow moment, because they’re trying to say that the rules of evidence don’t apply to them. I’m genuinely shocked . . . it’s our fault? We shouldn’t be up here complaining; it’s shameful that we’re up here complaining!”

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

OK, either they are allowed to ask about the bullet or they aren't. If it was never ruled on, how could it be a "mistrialable" offense. This judge should know the answer to this.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

In Session Greenberg continues to argue for a mistrial. “The rules say they’re supposed to give us notice, 404b, character evidence, in a reasonable amount of time before trial. They have to explain why character evidence should come in. That’s the procedure. They have to give notice of it. We had hearings on it. And now they say, ‘Well, Judge White found that it wasn’t a bad act.’ Judge White said, ‘It’s out as a bad act.’ If it’s not a bad act, what is it? And why aren’t they addressing the Court outside of the presence of the jury…they were trying to sneak that in…they don’t know the rules of evidence, and I’m sorry, they don’t think they have to follow the rules of evidence, ‘that doesn’t apply to us.’ These are not intentional violations of court orders? Then what are they? They’re violations of court orders that they agreed with? You found it was intentional, Judge.”

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

is this another kangaroo court?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

In Session Greenberg: “We’re going to be sitting here, ‘objection, objection, objection,’ and the jury’s going to be going on. Very specific rulings from Judge White, ‘It’s not coming in.’ We can’t object until the question comes out; that’s the problem, Judge. I’m starting to question about the bone fides of doing things the right way…I’ve never seen people who think they can ignore the rules of evidence, ignore the rulings of Court, and just go on and do what they want to do. What are the jurors going to think? The questions stick in their minds, just like the answers. They can do it on direct. And that’s what they’re going to do.”

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session Greenberg: “The Court was very specific regarding statements from people about whether Kathleen Savio was afraid…that was the ruling. So I don’t just make this motion based on what they’ve already done; I make it based on what they say they’re going to do also. If you let this trial go on, it’s going to be an unfair trial.”

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

3 years of preperation and all these mistakes happen???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

In Session Greenberg: “With the bullet, they’re trying to get in Mr. Pontarelli’s state of mind…whether at some point he was afraid of Drew has nothing to do with what he observed that particular evening…his state of mind is not relevant. Ms. Savio’s state of mind when she slipped and fell in that tub is not relevant…‘everyone was afraid of Drew Peterson, so he must have done this.’ I’m done.”

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session Judge Burmila addresses the attorneys. “One of the matters we’re going to have to deal with is what Judge White ruled, as if he came down from the mountain with tablets…whether things are admissible at trial is completely different from the pre-trial hearings…I’m not clairvoyant; I don’t know what else the State is going to try to elicit…one of the things Mr. Greenberg said was his fear that by objecting the jury would think we were trying to keep things from them. During jury selection, didn’t I tell them that no one is trying to hide anything from them; haven’t I done that?...if the State’s case is entirely circumstantial, based on hearsay, they must do it under the rules of evidence.”

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session JUDGE DENIES MISTRIAL: “The defense says there should be a mistrial…there’s no question that the State asked that purposely, and the witness’ answer was not a surprise; it was the specific answer the State sought to elicit. However, the sanction of striking the testimony in its entirely is too severe, and might hurt the defendant more than the State…I find the State did not ask the question with the intent of causing a mistrial…so the motion for the mistrial is denied. I have drafted a cautionary instruction I intend to give the jury.”

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Thank goodness!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast