Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    I think it's unfair to judge the prosecution team based on one day of trial. First of all, the way a trial goes is largely due to the judge's rulings. A team can only discuss what is allowed by the judge. If the judge says NO then that's that, unless you take a motion up the chain to an appeal court.

What mistakes has the prosecution team made so far?

If they did something wrong in the months, weeks and days leading up to the trial, then that's a whole other matter. I don't know the history of the state on prepping this case.
    Oh honey, I know what you say is true, I think I am just disheartened that the prosecution didn't start out with making a few points. The updates seem as if all they did was keep hitting walls.

I am letting my emotions get in the way and I know it. I just want to see justice for Kathleen.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

diane pathieu‏@dianepathieu
    States Attorney not making any comments today. #DrewPeterson

Judge: 'that concludes evidence for today, we'll resume at 9am tomorrow' #DrewPeterson

To recap: Assistant State's Attrny Kathy Patton questioning Peterson/Savio neighbor & good friend Mary #DrewPeterson

In rebuttal, Pros. asking about towels in bathroom again. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli called back to stand. #DrewPetersondiane pathieu‏@dianepathieu

Cross-examination over. Jury asked to step out AGAIN. This makes 4 times.

Pontarelli didn't allow son Nick - who was one of the last people to see Savio alive- speak to police that night #DrewPeterson

'so you don't remember talking to Bolingbrook Police that night' -defense

Pontarelli says she can't remember parts of what she told Bolingbrook Police- now says she can't recall all of the interviews w/detectives.

Pontarelli confirms #DrewPeterson was visibly upset when they found Savio: said 'what am I going to tell my kids'

Defense asking again about scene, specifically about a blue towel she claims was not there. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli says she never saw basket of towels in bathroom when she found her friend- defense shows pic of crime scene w/basket of towels.

They are taking moments, short moments off, then asking about what was in the bathroom where Savio was found. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli still on stand saying Savio always put her hair in a clip before bathing and her hair was found down when she was found, no clip.

We are back, 15mins in, discussing room around Savios body. Closets, space, etc. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli recalling last moments & phone calls made before discovering Savio in the tub. #DrewPeterson

Defense to witness:' You saw nothing unusual that night' "right" #DrewPeterson

@Tammybaby65 Saw light night before, midnight- the next day- same light was off.

Defense says Pontarelli's son Nick was "a little too close" to kathleen savios

As far as Pontarelli knows, her son Nick saw Kathleen Savio alive last. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli saw a light on at Savios home but taught she must have been studing. #DrewPeterson

Defense: "kathy was no pushover... she would fight back, right?" Witness: yes #DrewPeterson

Defense asking witness about 'arguing' between Drew & Kathleen.

Defense asking about Italian connection among neighbors & how friendly neighbors were. #DrewPeterson

Cross examination started. #DrewPeterson

Read bottom up http://twitter.com/dianepathieu

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

This is a very tough case and the pros do have an uphill battle because a lot of it is based on hearsay and autopsy reports (5 years later!) I think they will prevail in the end and Kathleen will get justice and in a way so will Stacy.

Fingers crossed!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
    Oh honey, I know what you say is true, I think I am just disheartened that the prosecution didn't start out with making a few points. The updates seem as if all they did was keep hitting walls.

I am letting my emotions get in the way and I know it. I just want to see justice for Kathleen.
    The state tried to make several points and bring in some evidence, the defense objected and the judge sustained the objections. What would you have the state's team do in that situation?
    Debates are healthy; the exchange of varying opinions, valuable. Let freedom ring!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Anonymous letter to Savio informing her that Drew Peterson was cheating on her.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....leen-savio.pdf

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07...erson-evidence
    Don't you wish you could turn back time and warn women about these sociopaths?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    The state tried to make several points and bring in some evidence, the defense objected and the judge sustained the objections. What would you have the state's team do in that situation?
    I guess if I had said I would have done differently I might understand your asking me that, but I only stated that I wished the prosecution had made a few points instead of hitting walls. Sorry if you took that otherwise than intended.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TallCoolOne For This Useful Post:

I wish the judge had allowed the prosecution to put in some of the evidence that would have made a few points and connections, instead of the team having their hands tied.
    Debates are healthy; the exchange of varying opinions, valuable. Let freedom ring!

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Since we are wishing...

I wish Stacy to be found and DP to go down.

See you all in the am.

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

I watched part of Nancy Grace with Rita Cosby filling in for Nancy, but no new info than what's been shared here.

Dr. Drew came on and he had Mark Garagoes on and of course Mark says the prosecution has no case. Peterson attorney, Steve Greenberg, was also on and agreed. There was a prosecution attorney (didn't catch his name) who argued that there's a lot of evidence that will come in and it's the accumulation of all this evidence, when put together, that will convict Drew Peterson.

One thing about today's court proceedings that caught me by surprise is the mention that Drew offered a co-worker $25,000 to kill Kathleen. I don't remember ever hearing about that before. Is this something that's just now being released publicly? Are we to assume the co-worker would be a Bolingbrook police officer? I would think this would be extremely relevant, but I guess it goes to "prior bad acts."
    My posts are my opinion..........

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieNormal View Post
    His 3 mouthy lawyers out trashing KS at lunch break. She was mean, bossy, had to have her way, etc. GMAB.

Don't they realize how ridiculous they sound?

This trial is going to really get my blood pressure up, I can tell.

JMO
    After watching every moment of the Anthony trial and it's disgusting outcome, I really am worried about Peterson's trial. And I totally agree with you about blood pressure...mine is way up right now. I may get to the point where I cannot read any more, and just wait for the verdict. The darn judge keeps taking away everything the prosecution has.

If DP walks, maybe Bolingbrook can elect him mayor....after all, DP is such a wonderful, conscientious, former policeman who has never done anything wrong. *sarcasm intended* At least that is how he is coming off to the jury since Burmilla won't let anything negative about him in.

Justice For Caylee So sue me CA!

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't think the state is botching it. They were just unlucky enough to get a pro-defense judge. They came to the trial with some great ammo, but none of it is being allowed in.

It feels to me like the judge is worried that if the state wins, the case will be turned around on appeals later on. He wants to protect his reputation and his percentages. imo. So he is nixing any possible thing the defense could appeal the verdict with. And since the prosecution cannot appeal a verdict, he is safe.
    Bold mine.

Can we say Judge Perry?

21. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to mitzi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    States Attorney not making any comments today. #DrewPeterson

Judge: 'that concludes evidence for today, we'll resume at 9am tomorrow' #DrewPeterson

To recap: Assistant State's Attrny Kathy Patton questioning Peterson/Savio neighbor & good friend Mary #DrewPeterson

In rebuttal, Pros. asking about towels in bathroom again. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli called back to stand. #DrewPetersondiane pathieu‏@dianepathieu

Cross-examination over. Jury asked to step out AGAIN. This makes 4 times.

Pontarelli didn't allow son Nick - who was one of the last people to see Savio alive- speak to police that night #DrewPeterson

'so you don't remember talking to Bolingbrook Police that night' -defense

Pontarelli says she can't remember parts of what she told Bolingbrook Police- now says she can't recall all of the interviews w/detectives.

Pontarelli confirms #DrewPeterson was visibly upset when they found Savio: said 'what am I going to tell my kids'

Defense asking again about scene, specifically about a blue towel she claims was not there. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli says she never saw basket of towels in bathroom when she found her friend- defense shows pic of crime scene w/basket of towels.

They are taking moments, short moments off, then asking about what was in the bathroom where Savio was found. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli still on stand saying Savio always put her hair in a clip before bathing and her hair was found down when she was found, no clip.

We are back, 15mins in, discussing room around Savios body. Closets, space, etc. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli recalling last moments & phone calls made before discovering Savio in the tub. #DrewPeterson

Defense to witness:' You saw nothing unusual that night' "right" #DrewPeterson

@Tammybaby65 Saw light night before, midnight- the next day- same light was off.

Defense says Pontarelli's son Nick was "a little too close" to kathleen savios

As far as Pontarelli knows, her son Nick saw Kathleen Savio alive last. #DrewPeterson

Pontarelli saw a light on at Savios home but taught she must have been studing. #DrewPeterson

Defense: "kathy was no pushover... she would fight back, right?" Witness: yes #DrewPeterson

Defense asking witness about 'arguing' between Drew & Kathleen.

Defense asking about Italian connection among neighbors & how friendly neighbors were. #DrewPeterson

Cross examination started. #DrewPeterson

Read bottom up http://twitter.com/dianepathieu
    Bold red mine.

Is the defense trying to imply that 14 yr. old Nick P. was having a sexual relationship with Kathleen? Good GAWD!

Defense implying or outright saying that the bruising on KS body was from rough sex w/ her boyfriend. HTH would THEY know that? Also, how is saying she had sex that w/e with
    her boyfriend relevant to the case, except to establish the boyfriend was with her?

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:

We will try to keep the case archive updated each day. Day 1 is in.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...0Savio%20Case/
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

26. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    <snipped>

One thing about today's court proceedings that caught me by surprise is the mention that Drew offered a co-worker $25,000 to kill Kathleen. I don't remember ever hearing about that before. Is this something that's just now being released publicly? Are we to assume the co-worker would be a Bolingbrook police officer? I would think this would be extremely relevant, but I guess it goes to "prior bad acts."
    It isn't new. The hitman was revealed during the Hearsay Hearings.

The guys name is Jeff Patcher. 1/28/10 he testified that Drew asked him to find someone who could take care of his wife (because iirc, Jeff said he wasn't able to kill anyone).
    Anyways, here is one of the captures:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rent=008-3.jpg

ETA- Here's a vid that explains what happened:
    [ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Stacy%20Peterson%20-%20Kathleen%20Savio%20%20-IL-/Hearsay%20Hearing%20-%20The%20Savio%20Murder%20Case/?action=view&current=018-2.mp4"]Hearsay Hearing - The Savio Murder Case :: 1/28/10 video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Stacy%20Peterson%20-%20Kathleen%20Savio%20%20-IL-/Hearsay%20Hearing%20-%20The%20Savio%20Murder%20Case/018-2.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@ mm166/crankycrankerson/Stacy%20Peterson%20-%20Kathleen%20Savio%20%20-IL-/Hearsay%20Hearing%20-%20The%20Savio%20Murder%20Case/018-2@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

And-- there is a wealth of info in the Hearsay Hearings archive, here:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...Murder%20Case/
    Last edited by AmandaReckonwith; 08-01-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    It isn't new. The hitman was revealed during the Hearsay Hearings.

The guys name is Jeff Patcher. 1/28/10 he testified that Drew asked him to find someone who could take care of his wife (because iirc, Jeff said he wasn't able to kill anyone).
    Anyways, here is one of the captures:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...rent=008-3.jpg

ETA- Here's a vid that explains what happened:
    Hearsay Hearing - The Savio Murder Case :: 1/28/10 video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket

And-- there is a wealth of info in the Hearsay Hearings archive, here:
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...Murder%20Case/
    Thanks AmandaReckonwith! I was here for the hearsay hearings and I guess I must have forgotten completely about the money offer. I do wish this evidence could come in.................but know that it likely does fall under the "prior bad acts."
    My posts are my opinion..........

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

I have followed this from the beginning and I just have to believe this country has learned something from the Anthony case.

I have faith in the jury, I just have to. I think they will see Drew for the person he is and we will have justice.
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for the updates, everyone. I have been very busy for the last several days. I have been on pins and needles waiting for this trial to begin!

I have just got to believe that this jury does not want to become another Pinellas 12. This jury will at least review the evidence, IMO, and try very hard to do the right thing.

The most powerful thing in the trial is going to be Kathleen's own words as said to others and her words on paper. It ain't over 'till it's over!

MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

I can understand why " prior bad acts " are not admissible because their not relevant to the case, but isn't this particular "bad act" relevant to this case?

36. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Nonnie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
    We will try to keep the case archive updated each day. Day 1 is in.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...0Savio%20Case/
    Thank you Amanda, your site is a wonderful resource on a LOT of cases!!

I remember when I first met you online, way back in 2007 when Stacy first when missing and we were trying to figure out who Michael Robinson was, and you sent me a news clipping from the Chicago Tribune with a photo showing Robinson outside Peterson's house. Thank you then and thank you now.

ACR
    I respectfully ask not to be called "candy" or "rose" as my screen name is ACandyRose (aka ACR)
    Remember, when telling a secret, that your best friend may have a best friend who is not your best friend.

Erica Lynn Parsons Missing Timeline (Salisbury, NC)
    http://www.acandyrose.com/erica_parsons_timeline.htm

Drew Peterson Trial 07/31/12 (Will he get a 2nd Trial?)
    http://www.acandyrose.com/drew_peterson_names.htm
    Casey Anthony's 31 Days Timeline Archive
    http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days.htm
    JonBenet Ramsey Case History Archive
    http://www.acandyrose.com/s-Flight755-15thStreet.htm

38. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ACandyRose For This Useful Post:

In Session When court reconvenes at 10a ET, the State's next witnesses are expected to be Tom Pontarelli, Kathleen Savio's neighbor and husband of witness Mary Pontarelli, and two locksmiths who were involved in opening Savio's door @ Peterson's request.
    8 minutes ago

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

19m In Session ‏@InSession
    #drewpeterson : after Pontarelli, State is expected to call 2 locksmiths that DP contacted about opening #KathleenSavio's front door.

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

44. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

In Session
    2 minutes ago
    Tom Pontarelli, Kathleen Savio's neighbor and the husband of yesterday's witness, Mary Pontarelli, is expected to be the next witness in Day 2 of the Drew Peterson trial. Court is expected to resume shortly. Follow this thread for live updates on the events in court.

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

about a minute ago

In Session here is some info on the prosecution's first witness, Mary Pontarelli who testified yesterday: Prosecution Witness #1) MARY PONTARELLI (next-door neighbor and close friend of drowning victim Kathleen Savio)
    * Became friends with Drew and Kathleen Savio Peterson when the Petersons moved next door in 1997. She was especially close to Kathleen. “We seen [sic] each other almost every day.”
    * Recalled how the Petersons split up after Kathleen learned that Drew was having an affair with Stacy Cales.
    * After Drew Peterson moved out, Kathleen had a deadbolt lock installed on her bedroom door.
    * Last saw Savio on the afternoon of Saturday, February 28, 2004. “She said that she had a great week at school . . . she was studying to become a nurse.” Said that Savio told her she was going to stay home that night and study.
    * Saw Savio’s bedroom light was still on when she and her husband returned home from a party that night around midnight.
    * On Monday, evening (March 1), she received a call from Drew Peterson. “He said he’d tried to bring the kids back, but Kathleen still wasn’t home . . . he asked me if he got a locksmith if I would go in the house with him.”
    * After unsuccessfully trying to reach Savio by phone, Mrs. Pontarelli agreed to go along with Drew Peterson’s plan. “I went outside; the locksmith was already working on the door.”
    * Once the front door was open, Pontarelli went upstairs with another neighbor, Steve Cancerano. “He [Peterson] was still down by the bottom of the steps.”
    * After she and Cancerano entered Savio’s bedroom, Cancerano headed toward the master bathroom. “He called out my name, I went into the bathroom, and seen [sic] Kathy in the tub. I ran out of the bathroom, threw myself down, and started screaming.”
    * Described injuries she noted on Savio’s body. “She had a cut in her head . . . there was dried blood in her hair . . . then I noticed some bruising on her wrists and on her buttocks. She also had some blood coming out of her nose.”
    * After she screamed, her husband, her son, and Peterson came running up to the bathroom. “Drew did take her pulse. I said, ‘Is the dead?’ And he said, ‘Yes, Mary, she is.’”
    * Pontarelli’s first impulse was to drape something over Savio’s body. But Peterson told that she shouldn’t.
    * Described the Peterson/Savio divorce as “bitter” . . . but acknowledged that as time went on “it seemed that they were getting along better.”
    * Agreed that Kathleen Savio could be “tough . . . I wouldn’t call her bossy . . . she had strong passions.”
    * Doesn’t recall seeing a robe or any clothing near Savio’s bathtub. However, she acknowledged that a photo of the scene seems to show a blue robe inside the room.
    * Peterson was in uniform on the night in question. But when he rushed up the stairs and into the bathroom as a result of Pontarelli’s scream, he did not have his gun drawn.

48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast