Thread: Zombies upstage Westboro protest near Seattle

Zombies upstage Westboro protest near Seattle

Some 300 zombies and supporters easily overran the paltry eight protesters in the Westboro crew.

It was the afterlife vs. the undead: Protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church encountered a protest of their own on Friday. Ersatz zombies organized on Facebook to counter Westboro's appearance at the Lewis-McChord joint military base south of Seattle. Some 300 zombies and supporters easily overran the paltry eight protesters in the Westboro crew, reports KIRO-TV.

Read more: http://www.bill95.com/cc-common/news...#ixzz22ChDDJsF

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:

I love this country.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

"I think that their message is very hateful, and Jesus was not a hateful person. He loved everybody," said a "zombie."

Read more: http://www.bill95.com/cc-common/news...#ixzz22D0AtlcM

I never thought I'd be siding with zombies, but here I am!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Maybe the Zombiepocolyps won't be all bad after all.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Zombies and barbies, what a great morning!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Am ready for zombie Barbies to medal for U.S. in, oh, rhythmic gymnastics or something. (NBC will have it on tape and show it at 11:30 p.m. CDT of course.)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

tlcya is online now Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    lol @ Marie

IKR?

Zombies and Barbies and gymnasts

oh my
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Larger photo and video here

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...204613653.html

Direct link to video, took a minute to load here:

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/...message/vc3xK/

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

This is such a great story!
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Am ready for zombie Barbies to medal for U.S. in, oh, rhythmic gymnastics or something. (NBC will have it on tape and show it at 11:30 p.m. CDT of course.)
    Synchronized snarling and 50 meter hobble.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:

God hates Zombies?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcme For This Useful Post:

Cool

Cool.

Addicted To Hate
    http://blank.org/addict/

Very good insight about Phelps, especially in his early years. An absent father and raised by Aunt Irene Jordan and stepmother Olive Briggs that he despised. His mother died when he was 5 years old. Estranged from his immediate family (father, stepmother, and younger sister Martha Phelps Capron). I really think he has some major self-hatred issues on top of his grandiose paranoia. I have seen his kind many times.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

I hope that people will continue to find creative ways to upstage these idiots. Ignoring them and not giving them publicity would be great but they go out of their way to offend people and be visible to grieving families at funeral.

There have been creative, courageous and compassionate people who have thwarted them before. It has been a pleasure to see the different groups of people who have come to stand against them and to thwart them, whether it is a dignified response at a funeral or a hilarious response such as this one.

Well if zombies eat brains, then they would starve at Westboro Church, there is not a single brain to be found among the congregation there!
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Larger photo and video here

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...204613653.html

Direct link to video, took a minute to load here:

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/online/...message/vc3xK/
    Okay I think that "Drink The Kool-aid Already" Zombie sign was freakin' hilarious! Never thought I would like Zombies either, but I will just roll with it. LOL
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Angelonline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelonline View Post
    Okay I think that "Drink The Kool-aid Already" Zombie sign was freakin' hilarious! Never thought I would like Zombies either, but I will just roll with it. LOL
    I don't see Westboro Baptist Church any different from People's Temple. Even People's Temple was very inclusive as Jim Jones believed in racial integration. Ironically, Fred Phelps was a civil rights lawyer who defended Blacks and I think even gays.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

30. The Following User Says Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HMSHood View Post
    I don't see Westboro Baptist Church any different from People's Temple. Even People's Temple was very inclusive as Jim Jones believed in racial integration. Ironically, Fred Phelps was a civil rights lawyer who defended Blacks and I think even gays.
    The congregation for the People's Temple usually seemed happy (up until the day), the WBC congregation does not seem happy.

Along the same lines, has anyone watched Jesus Camp, I'm sure the entire thing is on youtube by now, I know selections are?

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Love it!!! There's not much more despicable than these lunatics who wrap themselves in American flags and use Jesus Christ in if not the most, then one of the most blasphemous ways imaginable.. Moo is that much to the Westboro gangs dismay they have one of the more hotter pits of hell(alongside pedophiles)that await their arrival..

Boy oh boy are they in for one helluva surprise when their day comes for the ultimate judgement.. The ONLY Judge that's judgement matters..

Go zombies!!..lol.. So glad to see something that actually makes Westboro look even more ridiculous and disgusting than what they already do..zombies appear to be the perfect solution to out number and completely overshadow the hate that spews from these hate mongers!!
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    The congregation for the People's Temple usually seemed happy (up until the day), the WBC congregation does not seem happy.

Along the same lines, has anyone watched Jesus Camp, I'm sure the entire thing is on youtube by now, I know selections are?
    I have seen Jesus Camp. I caught part of it on TV and then l found this website where you can watch documentaries online and here is the link for Jesus Camp:
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/jesus-camp/

They have other great documentaries on that site as well.

It bothers me when people use religion to bash others with or try to beat them with the bible in an effort to get them to make them believe their way of thinking. To me, the least likely way to get me to believe something is to try to force me to believe what you believe.

I believe everyone has a right to believe however they wish, as long as it does not involve harming other people.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    I have seen Jesus Camp. I caught part of it on TV and then l found this website where you can watch documentaries online and here is the link for Jesus Camp:
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/jesus-camp/

They have other great documentaries on that site as well.

It bothers me when people use religion to bash others with or try to beat them with the bible in an effort to get them to make them believe their way of thinking. To me, the least likely way to get me to believe something is to try to force me to believe what you believe.

I believe everyone has a right to believe however they wish, as long as it does not involve harming other people.

Thanks for the link SwampMama. I fully agree with you about beliefs. I don't care what you believe or think, as long as you don't try to force it on others or harm others b/c of it.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

When they came to our city to protest, SOMEBODY, no one knows who or cares...slit their tires and they hobbled out of town on 4 flats because no one would fix them. hehe
    Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sooner Fan#1 For This Useful Post:

Thank God for the miscreants of Westboro: no matter what our creed, our color, or our national origin, we're able to speak with one voice and unite in calling for more zombie attacks upon them! America: pretty darned united for once. "Thanks, Topeka!"

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

I'm not following you. Phelp's church has never been inclusive. No one but whites in it. Yes, he was a civil rights lawyer until he went nuts and got disbarred.

He never represented gay people.

His church, unlike the People's Temple, never operated with a philosophy of inclusiveness or trying to come together to create a peaceful utopia, things Jim Jones used to pull in the unwary.

Phelp's church is mostly just his own family. Thankfully, it's very small. It has nothing to do with civil rights, or minorities, except serious hatred of gay people.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being. Justice will prevail.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

People's Temple did not picket soldiers' funerals and thank God for their deaths.

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I'm not following you. Phelp's church has never been inclusive. No one but whites in it. Yes, he was a civil rights lawyer until he went nuts and got disbarred.

He never represented gay people.

His church, unlike the People's Temple, never operated with a philosophy of inclusiveness or trying to come together to create a peaceful utopia, things Jim Jones used to pull in the unwary.

Phelp's church is mostly just his own family. Thankfully, it's very small. It has nothing to do with civil rights, or minorities, except serious hatred of gay people.
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    People's Temple did not picket soldiers' funerals and thank God for their deaths.
    I should of said at the end was Westboro Baptist Church is no different from People's Temple in terms that they are a cult headed by a paranoid megalomaniac.

WBC does not only hate gays as they hate Catholics, soldiers, etc.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/westboro.html

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post: