View Poll Results: Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

Voters
672. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patsy

    168 25.00%
  • John

    44 6.55%
  • Burke

    108 16.07%
  • an unknown intruder

    86 12.80%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

    4 0.60%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

    113 16.82%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

    55 8.18%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

    11 1.64%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

    17 2.53%
  • I still have no idea

    57 8.48%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

    9 1.34%
Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2802
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Duplicate.... See below post...


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,038
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    Nova,
    Good points. And for all we know Kolar's book might just be a refinement of Hunter's strategy.

    One thing that nearly always turns up, is that the answer is simple, I'm usually guilty of looking for the complex solution, and in this case it might be as straightforward as BDI, with the parents staging?


    .
    Where I always come up short is with the Rs sending BR off by himself with FW and a policeman during the morning of the "kidnapping".

    For one, the Rs don't seem to have been too worried about the "small foreign faction" that claimed to be watching. But then they weren't too concerned earlier when they called half the town and invited them over to keep watch.

    More important to our discussion, I just can't get past the idea that if BDI, the Rs wouldn't have let him go off with a family friend and a police officer, out of their sight and out of their control.

    How could the Rs have known what an almost-10-year-old might say, even if they had put the fear of God into him? It's not as if any of them had ever been in that situation before.


  4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  5. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I don't "presume" that there were numerous leaks during the first years after the murder. That's a fact. Given the numerous charges of incompetence leveled against the BPD and AH, SOMEBODY would have leaked it if they thought BDI and they simply couldn't file a charge because of BR's age. That's all I was saying.

    Powerful interests (and the problem of determining which R did what) may well have influenced the lack of prosecution, but human nature being what it is, I don't believe people quietly watched their careers go down in flames just to protect somebody else's 10-year-old. Law or no law.

    (Whether BDI and LE didn't realize it because LE was focused on the parents is another matter, of course.)
    I think that's what Kolar is doing... Several years after he left the case, made sure he had everything laid out the best he feels is accurate according to all evidence and information he had, and with adequate protection under the law to publish this info.. All with his own money...

    And as I recall, anytime anyone mentioned Burke did it, like the tabloids said all those years ago, they got threatened with lawsuits ... And I think some were settled.

    So it seems there were suspicions of various family members and scenarios, some including Burke, some not.... But they tried to prevent any access to him and accusations of him were nipped in the bud, including with lawsuit threats...


  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:


  7. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    19,038
    Whaleshark, I was talking about not-for-attribution leaks, not official public statements. It's a lot harder to sue over the former. That CO law and Wood successfully stifled official pronouncements re BR makes perfect sense to me.

    I think a confidential leak from someone like AH would have made THE GLOBE enough money to pay off the Rs.

    But I'll have to read Kolar and see what he says. From reading posts here, it seems Kolar has convinced as many people that PDI as BDI.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  9. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    JR is the strongest suspect. No other theory really makes any sense....(skip)...The staging does not fit with the RN. If there is a RN there should be no body. If they had staged it as an intruder murderer then they'd have left the body out in plain view, and naked - just the way a real intruder would do.

    But we have a RN, and a body hidden in the WC, redressed, and wrapped in a blanket. That doesn't make sense.

    It would be a lot safer for the Rs if the body were not in the house. Any plausible plan where the Rs acted as co-conspirators would include dumping the body. Yet the 911 call was placed with the body in the house and with staging that didn't fit with the RN.
    ...(skip)....
    So, the RN wasn't meant to fool the police at 6am. It was meant to fool PR. It fooled her so well that she didn't read it carefully and went off and made a 911 call.

    .....IMO JDI is the strongest case theory.
    Thanks God we all have an 'open mind' on this forum....Every scenario is possible IN THE MIND of it's creator. Agree? So, let's also agree that everyone is entitled to solve this mystery in the way it fits individual's logic and currently known evidences. Kind of, like every individual can see/describe the painting on the museum wall differently...


  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OpenMind4U For This Useful Post:


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    JR is the strongest suspect. No other theory really makes any sense. PR can be ruled out completely, both as the killer and as a co-conspirator in the cover up. BDI is just complete nonsense.

    docG solved it years ago, but we've all been caught up in over-analyzing the case. I've recently seen that his theory makes the most sense.

    If both JR/PR were in on it, even if they just worked jointly on the coverup, then the police would not have been called shortly before 6am with the body in the basement.

    The staging does not fit with the RN. If there is a RN there should be no body. If they had staged it as an intruder murderer then they'd have left the body out in plain view, and naked - just the way a real intruder would do.

    But we have a RN, and a body hidden in the WC, redressed, and wrapped in a blanket. That doesn't make sense.

    It would be a lot safer for the Rs if the body were not in the house. Any plausible plan where the Rs acted as co-conspirators would include dumping the body. Yet the 911 call was placed with the body in the house and with staging that didn't fit with the RN.

    So, the RN wasn't meant to fool the police at 6am. It was meant to fool PR. It fooled her so well that she didn't read it carefully and went off and made a 911 call.

    Over and over the RN warns not to call the police or JB will be killed. I won't bother with quoting the movie lines, but the emphasis of the note is don't call the police if you want your daughter back alive.

    Many of us have figured that the original plan was to dump the body. That makes sense. But we figured that the plan was aborted for some reason. We figured what actually happened was plan B. But we failed to realize that the plan to dump the body had not been abandoned. It simply had not been implemented yet. It would have been implemented later, but PR called 911 and screwed-up the plan.

    Notice that the note gives JR until the morning of the 27th to come up with the money. Meanwhile, he has the perfect excuse for not calling the police. He can send PR and BR off to stay with friends, and then dump the body. After that he gets the money from the bank, phones in the ransom call, then makes the drop off. He looses $118K, but he can afford it.

    PR didn't cooperate in the coverup, because if she did, she'd never have made the 911 call. It would have been easy for them to run the above scenario working together. And it's plain silly to let the police have a chance to find the body in the house. Anywhere but Boulder that would be an automatic arrest.

    PR didn't write the note. I don't have time to go into all the details of that right now, but suffice to say that handwriting analysis is not a science. It's a pseudo science. It's opinion masquerading as science. Many "experts" thought JMK wrote the note when they compared his writing, that tells you how useful handwriting analysis is. Take a look at http://solvingjonbenet.blogspot.com/ and you'll see that JR could easily have been the author.

    PR didn't help with the staging. Again, if she had been in on the coverup why not get rid of the body before calling 911. Also her fibers are not inside the size 12 bloomies. Hers are only on the outside of things, and she hugged JB's lifeless body when it was brought upstairs, so we really don't know whether fiber transfer happened downstairs or upstairs.

    Sure, her fibers are in the basement too, and she probably lied about wearing the red jacket (or was it a sweater) down there. Or there could have simply been fiber transfer that explains her red fibers in the basement.

    I'm going to write up my theory of the case for the members theories thread, but that will have to wait a while, when I'm not as busy. It's not that I can improve on docG's write up, but it might help if there were 2 people writing from the same perspective.

    Shake off your conviction that PR wrote the note. She didn't. It makes no sense for her to have called 911 when she did if she was in on it. It's that simple. Spending a couple more years analyzing the word "hence" or pondering why the Paughs bought 3 books as gifts, or trying to decide who also ate pineapple with JB is not going to solve the case. Step back, stop examining the bark on a particular tree, and notice that in front of you is a forest.

    The answer is plain as day if you can stop getting lost in the minutiae.

    The RN doesn't jibe with a body in the house. The RN was meant to buy time to dispose of the body. PR would know this if she were in on it. The fact that she called 911 shows us she wasn't in on it. The RN is consistent with stalling for time to get rid of the body. That's the whole case in a nutshell.

    Oh, and BDI is nonsese because in that scenario no one is going to jail, so there is no need for a coverup. BDIs love the theory because it seems to explain PR/JR pulling in team. But the 911 call with the body in the house makes no sense, so we know PR wasn't part of the team.

    We can't say anyone killed JB w/o a conviction. We can say who we think is the strongest suspect. IMO JDI is the strongest case theory.
    Well, some of what doesn't make sense, could be as simple as changing their minds, because who, in their right minds, would want to drive around with a dead body? When it came down to the nitty gritty, maybe somebody just couldn't find the nerve? IDK, but I happen to agree with a lot you said, but something has been nagging me. What if what is assumed as staging, really wasn't? What if what was seen, was exactly how things happened? Some of the 'staging', clean up, show of 'affection', doesn't point to expecting cops to see the body, (that would be stupid), but at the same time, what looks like it was done for the benefit of cops, doesn't make a lick of sense, if they were planning to dump the body. In other words, if they were planning to dump the body, why stage anything, for any reason? And if they Did want cops to find the body, why cover her with a blanket, for instance? What this looks like to me, is someONE abused and killed JBR, and intended to get rid of her body, and either his/her plan was foiled, or he/she chickened out, and then had to improvise. I think it's possible, that some of the staging, happened after the plan was foiled...but, if that's so, why leave the blanket, etc...? MOO


  12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  13. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    632
    Yes.... A couple $118,000 questions -

    What was really staging?

    Who was the staging really for?

    Also, once the crime scene was changed and contaminated even further the next morning by all those people there moving things around and cleaning things up, and adding their DNA, there isn't even a 'pristine' staged crime scene anymore....
    To the point even that it was noted for a fact that the crime scene photos lied...

    (Impossible to even know what was really left out from the night before, or put there in the kitchen area, etc. by the people who made sandwiches, the advocates, other guests, etc....)

    But if John really 'found' her at 11am, wonder what may or may not have been changed about the crime scene at that time?


  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:


  15. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    37
    Hi I'm just a newbie, so I hope it's ok if I join in?

    I've been reading about this case for a long time and I think I'm pretty much a BDI, with parental cover up (all strictly my opinion only).

    I have a child with Aspergers, so when I read about B's behaviour, the odd dispassionate language, (beep beep, just want to get on with my life) etc I'm not in the least bit surprised by it, it's exactly how my own child would talk, and in fact it's exactly how I have seen my own child talk at times when sympathy, compassion, sadness could be expected.

    I've also seen flashes of incredible rage which thankfully my child has never acted upon, but do I think they or any other child could be capable of it? oh yes, just a moment, thats all it takes, just a flash, so easily done ..and with the added intense frustrations of the condition? yes.

    One important point though is that usually children with Aspergers find it very difficult to tell a lie, (and if they do try it is glaringly obvious, they cannot hide it), generally they tell the truth at all costs, regardless if it hurts, which makes me wonder if the question was ever asked?

    Another thing I've seen much discussed (if BDI) is WHY would the R's try and cover it up? why not just report it if it would just be classed as an accident and covered over.

    I think the motive that stands out for me is shame, pure and simple. From what I've read appearances seem to have been very important to the R's, perhaps especially to P, and can you imagine the social stigma and shame of being the parent of a child who caused the death of a sibling? and thats before even considering the more disturbing elements of the case...if you are at the top of the pile it's a terrifying fall to the bottom, and so I imagine avoiding that kind of shame is a powerful motivating factor, one that could make one engage in all kind of risks because the gamble might just pay off and prestige and family may just be maintained.

    I would be very interested to know how many people have swtiched to BDI since reading Kolars book (I have not yet bought it, funds will not allow at present).

    I'm not sure how much it is ok to say publically on the forum, so if I have overstepped the mark please just delete this.
    Last edited by hetty; 08-02-2012 at 05:21 AM.



  16. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    Well, some of what doesn't make sense, could be as simple as changing their minds, because who, in their right minds, would want to drive around with a dead body? When it came down to the nitty gritty, maybe somebody just couldn't find the nerve? IDK, but I happen to agree with a lot you said, but something has been nagging me. What if what is assumed as staging, really wasn't? What if what was seen, was exactly how things happened? Some of the 'staging', clean up, show of 'affection', doesn't point to expecting cops to see the body, (that would be stupid), but at the same time, what looks like it was done for the benefit of cops, doesn't make a lick of sense, if they were planning to dump the body. In other words, if they were planning to dump the body, why stage anything, for any reason? And if they Did want cops to find the body, why cover her with a blanket, for instance? What this looks like to me, is someONE abused and killed JBR, and intended to get rid of her body, and either his/her plan was foiled, or he/she chickened out, and then had to improvise. I think it's possible, that some of the staging, happened after the plan was foiled...but, if that's so, why leave the blanket, etc...? MOO
    That's it, the scene, doesn't look right, if they were trying to fool the cops. Maybe I shouldn't call it staging.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.


  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    I think that's what Kolar is doing... Several years after he left the case, made sure he had everything laid out the best he feels is accurate according to all evidence and information he had, and with adequate protection under the law to publish this info.. All with his own money...

    And as I recall, anytime anyone mentioned Burke did it, like the tabloids said all those years ago, they got threatened with lawsuits ... And I think some were settled.

    So it seems there were suspicions of various family members and scenarios, some including Burke, some not.... But they tried to prevent any access to him and accusations of him were nipped in the bud, including with lawsuit threats...

    Excellent post!

    I think the Ramseys knew they could not maintain a ruse in an investigation that let their son be the target of investigation no matter who had killed JonBenet.

    It is interesting to me that during all these years three professionals...Arndt, Thomas, and Kolar... have concluded publicly or seemed to conclude that either John, Patsy or possibly Burke did it.
    There is no telling how much suppressed evidence is involved.


  19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:


  20. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMind4U View Post
    Thanks God we all have an 'open mind' on this forum....Every scenario is possible IN THE MIND of it's creator. Agree? So, let's also agree that everyone is entitled to solve this mystery in the way it fits individual's logic and currently known evidences. Kind of, like every individual can see/describe the painting on the museum wall differently...
    Yep, I agree. I think had a jury been called they might have agreed too. We've actually given a defense attorney a good little run-through on how well a cross-fingerpointing defense would have worked (or might work in the future).

    This case won't ever be prosecuted.


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:


  22. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by hetty View Post
    Hi I'm just a newbie, so I hope it's ok if I join in?

    I've been reading about this case for a long time and I think I'm pretty much a BDI, with parental cover up (all strictly my opinion only).

    I have a child with Aspergers, so when I read about B's behaviour, the odd dispassionate language, (beep beep, just want to get on with my life) etc I'm not in the least bit surprised by it, it's exactly how my own child would talk, and in fact it's exactly how I have seen my own child talk at times when sympathy, compassion, sadness could be expected.

    I've also seen flashes of incredible rage which thankfully my child has never acted upon, but do I think they or any other child could be capable of it? oh yes, just a moment, thats all it takes, just a flash, so easily done ..and with the added intense frustrations of the condition? yes.

    One important point though is that usually children with Aspergers find it very difficult to tell a lie, (and if they do try it is glaringly obvious, they cannot hide it), generally they tell the truth at all costs, regardless if it hurts, which makes me wonder if the question was ever asked?

    Another thing I've seen much discussed (if BDI) is WHY would the R's try and cover it up? why not just report it if it would just be classed as an accident and covered over.

    I think the motive that stands out for me is shame, pure and simple. From what I've read appearances seem to have been very important to the R's, perhaps especially to P, and can you imagine the social stigma and shame of being the parent of a child who caused the death of a sibling? and thats before even considering the more disturbing elements of the case...if you are at the top of the pile it's a terrifying fall to the bottom, and so I imagine avoiding that kind of shame is a powerful motivating factor, one that could make one engage in all kind of risks because the gamble might just pay off and prestige and family may just be maintained.

    I would be very interested to know how many people have swtiched to BDI since reading Kolars book (I have not yet bought it, funds will not allow at present).

    I'm not sure how much it is ok to say publically on the forum, so if I have overstepped the mark please just delete this.
    hetty, welcome to WS.

    You are not alone in your thinking. I have believed exactly what you stated for a long time. It's only become fashionable to even consider it since Kolar published his book. For a long time, expressing those suspicions would get you instant ostracism and shame for even bringing it up.

    But don't worry about "overstepping", you haven't in today's environment.
    .


  23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,494
    hetty!

    Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Your post if just fine, so keep on posting.

    If you want to read the book, check to see if your local library has it in yet. If not, you can ask that they order it. They will, and they will call you when it is in!

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.


  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:


  26. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,783
    Looks like Burke and Patsy are tied with 21 votes each.


  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:


  28. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    163
    Hetty, I appreciate your post and welcome you to Websleuths as a fellow newcomer to the forum. I have been a BDI from Day One, and the possibility of autism (or a variant) playing a role has occurred to me, as well. It's just my personal opinion, of course, but it seems to me that difficulty with lying and unusual affect might explain why John and Patsy removed Burke from the reach of law enforcement as soon as possible. And I also agree with you that shame - and safeguarding the remaining child's reputation and future opportunities - could have been behind a coverup and any staging that took place. This is a tragedy of Shakespearian proportions, and one I doubt will ever be prosecuted.
    Last edited by Bonnette; 08-02-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: wording and emphasis


  29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bonnette For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 05:01 AM
  2. Ex-Housekeeper Say Patsy Ramsey Killed JonBenet.
    By Ames in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 11:56 PM
  3. WHY was JonBenet really killed - Motive?
    By Camper in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
  4. Reasons why I believe a Ramsey killed Jonbenet
    By Keona in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 12:48 AM
  5. Crier on JonBenet case today
    By candy in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 05:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •