Sidebar Discussion #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
OK, let's try this again peeps.

If a post here violates TOS (including visual bashing, name-calling/name-variations, bashing other posters, or personal attacks upon or baiting of those who do not hold a certain viewpoint), the appropriate course of action is to Alert on the post, and MOVE ON.

If you repeatedly find yourself unable to engage in a civil, rational dialogue with another poster, PUT THEM ON IGNORE. (The link here explains this feature and how to use it.)

The Sidebar thread has been on Time Off for 23 hours and 45 minutes, and from all appearances this has caused many of our posters great distress and angst.

Before you post in this thread, consider that distress and angst and imagine if it were multiplied by several days, or worse--if the Sidebar just went away for good.

Think before you hit that "Post Reply" button.

(And please note that there are no noms or drinks or swim-up bars in this Sidebar. :notgood: )

Now thank this post to show that you understand what is expected of you, and carry on.

TY YNOT..we will try to behave...

At this point, there is no "try," there is only "do," young Jedis.

There are so many active and cold cases that need us, and it's really problematic when mods have to spend time corralling folks who should already know better in a forum this old.

If the Sidebar continues to be a problem: It. Will. Go. Away. For good.

Hooray!! You are the best YNot!! Sorry we've been so difficult and caused you trouble!! :yourock:

And that we lost booze, wonderful snacks and pool privileges :anguish:

At this point, there is no "try," there is only "do," young Jedis.

There are so many active and cold cases that need us, and it's really problematic when mods have to spend time corralling folks who should already know better in a forum this old.

If the Sidebar continues to be a problem: It. Will. Go. Away. For good.

We do value our Sidebar and yes, we WILL promise not violate TOS. We're mostly here because we haven't healed - at least I am - so I know I can "step away" to do my part to keep our sidebar!

Thank You Again YNot.... I mean no disrespect with my no booze comments...

So. . . . . Yeah. . . . .:rolleyes:. . . . .How bout this weather? ;). . . . .Purty hot here in my little corner of the world!. . . . .:hot:. . . . .And all of the watering I have to do!. . . . .:chillout:. . . . .Yup!. . . . .Loads of work!. . . . .:angel:

What thread lol? ;)

You've got a point there....:floorlaugh: .....I hate when we are on lockout..especially when it's for same old same old.....:maddening: will we never "get it"? It's always the same - yakidy yak..... .:poke: :deadhorse: :slap: :ufo:

Brought this over from the Attorney thread.

LG makes a very, very good point. I strongly suggest y'all heed the message. ;)

I am strongly urging you guys to use the ignore feature. :banghead: That appears to be the only thing that is gonna save your beloved sidebar thread from going away permanently. If y'all choose not to use it and know you can't restrain yourselves from taking the bait, then all we are left to believe is that you enjoy the bickering. We're mod short with a ton of hot cases here now & we just don't have time for that carp anymore.

If you see it starting to brew, I would suggest coming back to these opening mod posts and bumping them all as a reminder BEFORE a mod gets here.

New to posting, although I have been a lurker for years. What is visual bashing? Just want to make sure I don't do it!!!

Visual bashing is taking a photo of person X from a trial screen cap, and PhotoShopping it to make it cartoonish. Whether that's adding donkey ears or making it dance or adding captions or whatever. Also, taking a screen cap and then posting snarky or name-calling remarks about it.

HTH! :seeya:

New to posting, although I have been a lurker for years. What is visual bashing? Just want to make sure I don't do it!!!

Photos or graphics (often altered or captioned) that are used to make fun of another person.

Here you go - I lifted this from our TOS which is posted at the top section on the first page of Websleuths.....I have to back from time to time to read it when I get feeling snarly.....

"Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:

Abusive Comments, Flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

Just a reminder to us all.....

Oops, didn't realize our Mods were still here....

The mods can borrow this.
behave.jpg

Thank you ynotdivein for giving us another chance.

Visual bashing is taking a photo of person X from a trial screen cap, and PhotoShopping it to make it cartoonish. Whether that's adding donkey ears or making it dance or adding captions or whatever. Also, taking a screen cap and then posting snarky or name-calling remarks about it.

HTH! :seeya:

Thank you ynotdivein! I'm safe, I don't know how to do any of that.

:gthanks:

:seeya:

Okay - most of us on the thread know Jose Baez had a book signing yesterday at Coral Gables in Miami...right?

Karmaget has posted an few photos in the News Discussion thread and someone else posted Hal's blog today where he commented on this event.

Just thought we should have a reality check as of today at 3pm Pacific time or 6pm for most of the rest of you.

Sales Rank # - 2283
Criminal Law# 7
Murder and Mayhem #28

So that means ..............:floorlaugh:

Okay - most of us on the thread know Jose Baez had a book signing yesterday at Coral Gables in Miami...right?

Karmaget has posted an few photos in the News Discussion thread and someone else posted Hal's blog today where he commented on this event.

Just thought we should have a reality check as of today at 3pm Pacific time or 6pm for most of the rest of you.

Sales Rank # - 2283
Criminal Law# 7
Murder and Mayhem #28

So that means ..............:floorlaugh:

He should have named his book, "How I Crash N' Burn"; would have been more appropriate. Have you checked the B&N site today?

Would love to read what you have to say if you went to the book signing. Thank you.

I'm going to copy this post verbatim.... it came from Hal Boedeker's comments page in the Orlando Sentinel. If this poster is not a WS member they ought to be. I won't provide a link because some of the other posts are the usual inflammatory stuff his comments page attracts.
Reality Check is the poster.

<modsnip>

ETA- oh sorry, my bad.
It is in the Orlando Sentinel, Hal Boedeker's column - the article is about the Book signing and the person posting is called Reality Check- posted today at 3.17pm.

I'm going to copy this post verbatim.... it came from Hal Boedeker's comments page in the Orlando Sentinel. If this poster is not a WS member they ought to be. I won't provide a link because some of the other posts are the usual inflammatory stuff his comments page attracts.
Reality Check is the poster.

<modsnip>

"To Caylee" - BRAVO!
:tyou::yourock::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics