Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidebar Discussion #11

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaGet'em View Post
    Great article by Hal B in the current news thread.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=596
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 08-02-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Good Morning Peeps - here's my "get real" sales report for Baez Presumed Guilty this morning.

Business is booming for Mr. Baez in August - he has sold 6 books to date.

And those stats have raised his sales rank to: #2334

Should we be in awe and admit he's a winner?

In a word...."NO" ... Read your numbers and weep Jose!
    My guess is JB had to buy that book he signed "To Caylee". lol
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

3. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Maybe it's just his professional portfolio and he's planning on a modelling career?..
    A friend of mine has a portfolio like that - she paid the photographer and uses it to get jobs or companies pay to use her images in their digital ads...

HOw about "before" and "after" ads....works for me...

I was on hold so I looked to page two of those photos and noted that the Senator who did a book signing had many photos of long lines on the sidewalk waiting to meet him. ust something I noticed.
    somethings just make you go "hmmmm" others make you say "seriously dude...really??" but often it is best to remain silent

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking that the ratings of the book are being affected by other new books coming out. Maybe they don't sell well for a couple of days. Baez gets a temporary boost. Then, they start selling like hotcakes and he's further down the list.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Desdemona View Post
    bbm Pretty steep price - $375! Does that mean Orlando Sentinel had to pay that much for Hal B. to use that little pic of JB for his TV Guy Blog post about the book-signing? Wowza.

Perhaps all this is coming from the new "publicist" JB is said to have mentioned in a FB post? (I have not seen the post, just read about it.) Publicity firm of Somebody-and-Wright?
    The caption under the picture on Hal's story about the signing says 'Jose Baez in court in September. Photo credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel'.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ohreally For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
    I was on hold so I looked to page two of those photos and noted that the Senator who did a book signing had many photos of long lines on the sidewalk waiting to meet him. ust something I noticed.
    Also did you notice that JB is alone in most of the photos. The ones with him checking his phone, several sitting on the bench all alone... So sad...No one will let him sign a book..

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kaki For This Useful Post:

Florida...yeah, that's right...FLOR-i-DUH
    Quote Originally Posted by kaki View Post
    Also did you notice that JB is alone in most of the photos. The ones with him checking his phone, several sitting on the bench all alone... So sad...No one will let him sign a book..

wah wah
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

OKAY YNOT I AM DONE.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_opxaptTsaN...an+laundry.JPG

*slinks off to corner*
    JMO.

15. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Sorry to ask here - anyone have a working link or pdf they can email me for GA's SA depo, August 2009 I believe, all the working links are gone....
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

Quote Originally Posted by kaki View Post
    Isnt the girl in the blue dress posing with her own book? He does have a few guys posing with him further down the page. Wonder if these are some of the "5 starers" at amazon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoda View Post
    She is on a show called basketball wives, I dont even want to admit how I know that....
    We all have our little guilty pleasures...mine's the TV show Storage Wars; I have a crush on Barry Weiss.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

Sorry to ask here - anyone have a working link or pdf they can email me for GA's SA depo, August 2009 I believe, all the working links are gone....

This one?
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/60115401/A...gs-1-50-Part-1

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jane the dood View Post
    We all have our little guilty pleasures...mine's the TV show Storage Wars; I have a crush on Barry Weiss.

Barry can rummage through my locker anytime...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    Thank you!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

This is O/T but I was talking to a couple of people about books worth reading as opposed to the one I check a couple of times a day( - and he's bought back 4 books today- think that's a record!)

Anyhow, I got bored with him so I was looking through the months most recommended and saw one I read several months ago - which I though was very good but maybe creepy...no creepy isn't the right word.

So I believe this is the guy's first published book - it is "Defending Jacob" by William Landay. Worth getting out of the library for those folks who like a psychological mystery....

Weird - I think he's a lawyer in real life too...
    It must be a good read...I went to my library's website and put in a request for it; I'm 58th in line and there are about a dozen copies in the county's library system. Just started Tana French's 2nd novel last night; she's so good!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

[/B]

Barry can rummage through my locker anytime...
    Hey, I got first dibs!
    (He's so cute)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    I'm thinking that the ratings of the book are being affected by other new books coming out. Maybe they don't sell well for a couple of days. Baez gets a temporary boost. Then, they start selling like hotcakes and he's further down the list.
    Must be a variety of things because I've seen his numbers rise a 1000 points yet his sales figures remain the same. We've just started a new month - I went to our largest bookstore - Chapters- last night to mosey around - not a baez in sight but did buy three newly released books, Tana French, John Verdun and Peter Robinson - very cool we get an extra discount for the day everytime a Canadians wins an Olympic medal...

We all have our guilty pleasures - mine is books...
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

It must be a good read...I went to my library's website and put in a request for it; I'm 58th in line and there are about a dozen copies in the county's library system. Just started Tana French's 2nd novel last night; she's so good!
    John Verdun is another good new one while you are waiting - just released his third book...and yes, just bought her fourth. I like that her books up here at least come out in paperback.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

John Verdun is another good new one while you are waiting - just released his third book...and yes, just bought her fourth. I like that her books up here at least come out in paperback.

Outstanding! Thanks again. I just reserved Think of a Number; there's only one other reader ahead of me.

And yes, lg, books are my guilt-free "guilty pleasure," too! The TV's mostly for my husband. He's got that TV remote in a Vulcan death grip; it's a good thing he likes Storage Wars, too..lolz.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

Outstanding! Thanks again. I just reserved Think of a Number; there's only one other reader ahead of me.

And yes, lg, books are my guilt-free "guilty pleasure," too! The TV's mostly for my husband. He's got that TV remote in a Vulcan death grip; it's a good thing he likes Storage Wars, too..lolz.
    I'll have to check out storage wars - when I'm really bored I'm stuck with Toddlers and Tiaras...wowzers - those are "very unusual" mothers on that show- and bratty kids - yikes!

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I'll have to check out storage wars - when I'm really bored I'm stuck with Toddlers and Tiaras...wowzers - those are "very unusual" mothers on that show- and bratty kids - yikes!
    I always think of Jon Benet Ramsey when I see that show.

38. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to IfIMay For This Useful Post:

include me in that guilt. I have no idea why I watch but am drawn to it.

I went further with the pics on that photographer's site and page 2(or3)has other writer's signings and there are many photos of the audience and packed chairs. I wish Mr Baez's signing showed the same.
    somethings just make you go "hmmmm" others make you say "seriously dude...really??" but often it is best to remain silent

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marshmallow For This Useful Post:

I went further with the pics on that photographer's site and page 2(or3)has other writer's signings and there are many photos of the audience and packed chairs. I wish Mr Baez's signing showed the same.
    Probably weren't that many!
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaMoon View Post
    Probably weren't that many!
    Probably didn't want to pay for any more "office shots"...

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IfIMay For This Useful Post:

Must be a variety of things because I've seen his numbers rise a 1000 points yet his sales figures remain the same. We've just started a new month - I went to our largest bookstore - Chapters- last night to mosey around - not a baez in sight but did buy three newly released books, Tana French, John Verdun and Peter Robinson - very cool we get an extra discount for the day everytime a Canadians wins an Olympic medal...

We all have our guilty pleasures - mine is books...
    Have a look at 'The Reckoning' by Jane Casey (Irish writer) next time you're in there. I just finished it and it was a very good read...lots of twists in the plot.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

So, were the audience members for JB book signing, photo shopped in? LMAO
    Last edited by A_News_Junkie; 08-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.

48. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast