Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Just wanted to let you all know that, in the process of responding to a legal question on the legal thread, I debunked the theory that the jury foreman, facing foreclosure, accepted a payoff. So please spread the news around to all those other sites where I'm not a member.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

............ ..........LG hums a few bars of "How Dry I Am...and shakes head in despair....putting away the martini glasses...
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Shotzy been lurking myself, forever, and just jumped on a few months back,can't do none of that either lol..... I also read that over at the Sentinel,a big BRAVO to that poster,they did it BRAVOOOOO. I think jose and his girl should call it a day,not going to make those millions,the way you and your girl are going,I see pan handling in your future,if that even.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to holidayy For This Useful Post:

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know that, in the process of responding to a legal question on the legal thread, I debunked the theory that the jury foreman, facing foreclosure, accepted a payoff. So please spread the news around to all those other sites where I'm not a member.
    AZ, did you by chance mean the very excellent post below?

-----------

Quote Originally Posted by shotzy View Post
    Thank you AZlawyer! You have set my mind at ease. Even though it's extremely rare, if it did happen, could a case be reopened after an acquittal? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Yes, if the jurors were actually paid off, the verdict could be vacated.

FYI, I just looked into the situation you mentioned.

The jury foreman bought the property in 2008 as tenants in common with the "lawyer on the deed" you mentioned, who was probably his girlfriend. She is a young lawyer and doesn't do criminal law BTW (and there are about 94,000 lawyers in Florida, so we certainly can't assume they all know each other).

The Complaint that began the foreclosure proceedings was filed April 25, 2011. The jury foreman and his girlfriend sold the house on April 27, 2011. Presumably the mortgage was paid off as part of that sale, because it was released by the bank for full payment on May 16, 2011.

ALL of these dates were before the jury was selected in Casey's case (May 21). Moreover, the sale of the property provides an obvious and totally innocent explanation for the payment of the mortgage.

ETA: The May 26/27 date people are throwing around online is the date that the bank finally got around to recording the release of its "lis pendens." It had already signed the mortgage release (May 16), recorded the mortgage release (May 23), and filed the release of lis pendens in court (May 24).
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Thank you Ynotdivein and Beach
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Oh my. Watching JVM (which I haven't done since the end of the trial) for an update on the DP case, and turns out there was a brawl outside a bar in Orlando. She just said there's a OCA connection. Any locals know how?
    I read the article about it yesterday.
    Sounds like JVM wants you to come back after the commercials to find out that - - - - what- Baez is representing them?

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ne-peop/nP6Gp/

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

One of the posters on Hal's page states that M Medina, Peter Golenbock (author) Juan Gonzalez and Ronald Manto were at the signing. I understand
    Golenbock being there but how bad can it be that you have to take your employees with you?

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post

Intercepts booze, removes it to a secure location deep within the convent.

Are we allowed to smoke?

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to shotzy For This Useful Post:

Hal's site is link-able at WS:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...al-gables.html

Not allowed:

- Copy/pasting more than 10% of his blog post, which in this case would be 10 words.

Allowed:

- Linking to Hal's blogsite
    - Directing others to particular comments via time comment was posted.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    Franz Kafka

HDT

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shotzy View Post
    Are we allowed to smoke?
    Nope. Believe me, I don't like it any more than you do.
    Franz Kafka

HDT

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    One of the posters on Hal's page states that M Medina, Peter Golenbock (author) Juan Gonzalez and Ronald Manto were at the signing. I understand
    Golenbock being there but how bad can it be that you have to take your employees with you?
    I guess JB wouldn't sign their books during working hours. jmo

Nope.
    Do we ever get off of "ankle bracelets and curfew"?
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by holidayy View Post
    Shotzy been lurking myself, forever, and just jumped on a few months back,can't do none of that either lol..... I also read that over at the Sentinel,a big BRAVO to that poster,they did it BRAVOOOOO. I think jose and his girl should call it a day,not going to make those millions,the way you and your girl are going,I see pan handling in your future,if that even.
    Hi holidayy All I know how to do is copy and paste. But I do love the smileys

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to shotzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Do we ever get off of "ankle bracelets and curfew"?

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to shotzy For This Useful Post:

Hal's site is link-able at WS:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...al-gables.html

Not allowed:

- Copy/pasting more than 10% of his blog post, which in this case would be 10 words.

Allowed:

- Linking to Hal's blogsite
    - Directing others to particular comments via time comment was posted.
    I wish Hal had gotten an actual number count. They sure are pushing him to call out Baez on the lies/distortions in his book. They're citing WS's thread a lot!
    And G-d bless that one OS poster who made sure Baez remembered there was ONLY one victim in this nightmare. Her name is Caylee.

PS- a little bit surprised (don't know why) that Baez reacted as strongly as he did.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast