The lost recording.... ?

Whaleshark

Reaction score
Thought you guys might be interested in this....

911 Call - separating out other voice:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg&feature=related[/ame]

Thought you guys might be interested in this....

911 Call - separating out other voice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpRPn2xCPg&feature=related

Whaleshark, the sound quality is not very good for listening on Youtube. That video was to demonstrate where the other voices occur in the tape that was released to the public, and how using a software program (WavePad) you can separate sections and eliminate noise. The original post explaining the files and showing where they are located is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5716395&postcount=96"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?[/ame]

The original thread is here (also has a discussion on downloading and using the software):
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116144"]Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But Koldkase previously talked about not being able to find the tape with the evidence of Burke's voice or any other voice on it, anywhere...

And was thinking that it vanished from almost everywhere, especially after it was aired on Giraldo, and that others don't believe that other voice was ever heard...

I know what this tape is doing, but I was just providing one for her, and all, to hear that they do have the tape with the other voice on it... available...

If the voices are also at the links in the threads above, great.... just wanted Koldkase and others to note that it was not 'gone' entirely....

Thanks

But Koldkase previously talked about not being able to find the tape with the evidence of Burke's voice or any other voice on it, anywhere...

And was thinking that it vanished from almost everywhere, especially after it was aired on Giraldo, and that others don't believe that other voice was ever heard...

I know what this tape is doing, but I was just providing one for her, and all, to hear that they do have the tape with the other voice on it... available...

If the voices are also at the links in the threads above, great.... just wanted Koldkase and others to note that it was not 'gone' entirely....

Thanks

If you take the time read to read through the older thread, we discussed (IIRC) the different versions of the call that were released to the public. Neither of them (we speculated at the time) had the complete end of the recording -- one was cut off before the end of the sentence, "What did you...", and the other one even had some white noise recorded over the end. The one original recording -- the one with the complete end, the one KoldKase and others remember being played on Geraldo, the one that BPD had enhanced in California -- that one has never been officially released.

It may no longer exist. I don't know. A lot of other items have been lost over the years.

I do appreciate your efforts, Whaleshark.

But otg is right; the actual "enhanced" end of the original 911 tape of the original call has never been released except for the events over the period of a day or so, which I related.

I've speculated through the years that LE in Boulder, or the Ramseys' lawyers, or both, called the producers and executives of the channels that ran the copy of the "enhanced" 911 tape and read them the riot act.

Obviously whoever got a copy of that tape and either sold it or whatever was playing with fire.

Not only was the case still open, but remember that it is alleged that Burke is one of the voices on the tape.

Since Burke was a minor at the time of the 911 call, as well as when this "enhanced" tape was aired, that was an issue itself.

So that episode of Geraldo's nighttime current news and crime show was edited to delete the airing of the "enhanced" 911 tape and poof! As if it never happened.

Only it did, and no doubt Geraldo's usual audience heard it, as well. But like me, they thought nothing much of it. It wasn't until years later that it became an issue on the forums because so many people just couldn't believe they'd never seen or heard of it being played.

You know, Team Ramsey has lied to no end about the "enhanced" tape and the voices on it for all these years; but Burke's lawyer forced Alex Hunter to give him a copy of the original 911 call before the grand jury hearing in which Burke testified.

Colorado law at that time was that any witness testifying before a grand jury had the right to a copy of "any" statement LE had on their records that the witness made. This included even statements OTHERS said the witness made; that's hearsay at trial, but this wasn't a trial, and it was permitted to be submitted to the grand jury.

Therefore, a copy of the original 911 call was given to Burke's attorney. Not the "enhanced" tape, as that was investigative analysis and work product, but the original tape...yes.

Now think it through: if it WEREN'T Burke's voice on that tape, why did the judge force Alex Hunter to give Burke's lawyer a copy?

It certainly appears that Burke's lawyer was claiming it was Burke. If it wasn't Burke, he had no right to the tape. He got the tape.

If you take the time read to read through the older thread, we discussed (IIRC) the different versions of the call that were released to the public. Neither of them (we speculated at the time) had the complete end of the recording -- one was cut off before the end of the sentence, "What did you...", and the other one even had some white noise recorded over the end. The one original recording -- the one with the complete end, the one KoldKase and others remember being played on Geraldo, the one that BPD had enhanced in California -- that one has never been officially released.

It may no longer exist. I don't know. A lot of other items have been lost over the years.

It does still exist. Kolar talks about it in his book, and he spoke with Aerospace Inc. about it as well, to see if newer technology exists to make it even clearer now. Unfortunately, no.

But the work Aerospace did still stands and is still available to the investigators in this case.

Which is good news, because I have no doubt Lacy and Smit were very capable of tampering with evidence. I still want to know where the package of size 12-14 Bloomies disappeared to that Wood handed over to Lacy in 2002, the ones the Ramseys claimed they found in a moving box some time after they moved, but neglected to hand over to the BPD until Lacy had the case all tied up...in her "care."

Poof.

So the one that aired originally and police used to claim Burke could be heard has never been released or heard again since that Geraldo show? It's the not same as that one on youtube?

So the one that aired originally and police used to claim Burke could be heard has never been released or heard again since that Geraldo show? It's the not same as that one on youtube?

Steff88, that is correct. The one that was the original length was never released to the general public. That original recording, which was later enhanced, was never released to the general public.

There appears to be two that were released: one that has the end of the call completely "redacted" with white noise, and one that appears to have been partially erased but still having enough to hear part of the sentence that was spoken by another voice (thought to be the voice of BR).

That last one was enough for me to use the software I have (not professional software) to bring out the voice enough to confirm (in my mind anyway) that BR was indeed present during the 911-call. Some people listen to it and say they can't hear it. You be the judge. The Youtube video is only to demonstrate where the voice occurs using the software -- sound quality is not that good. Mp3's are located here.

Seems to me that some enterprising attorney, or someone who knows something about the process, could file a FOIA request to get the original 911-call released. I mean, the BS about an "active" investigation is just that -- BS. I hear 911-calls played on the evening news very often. They even released the call from Zimmerman before he's had his trial.

As I understand FOIA, it only applies to federal information. Each state has its own "Sunshine" laws. If anyone cares to look into Colorado's, here is a link:
http://aclu-co.org/take-action/using-the-colorado-open-records-act-cora

Seems to me that some enterprising attorney, or someone who knows something about the process, could file a FOIA request to get the original 911-call released. I mean, the BS about an "active" investigation is just that -- BS. I hear 911-calls played on the evening news very often. They even released the call from Zimmerman before he's had his trial.

As I understand FOIA, it only applies to federal information. Each state has its own "Sunshine" laws. If anyone cares to look into Colorado's, here is a link:
http://aclu-co.org/take-action/using-the-colorado-open-records-act-cora

Maybe while they're at it they can get the Ramsey phone records for that night too. It is still unbelievable that those warrants to get the records were rejected. They may be the key to the whole case. Although you would think that if a call was made before the 911 call that someone at the phone company would have already looked at it and leaked it???

I've been playing the 911 call on different software programs and I can hear someone saying "I'm sorry" but that's about it. Even where people say they hear Patsy saying "Help me Jesus" sounds like something mechanical.

Maybe while they're at it they can get the Ramsey phone records for that night too. It is still unbelievable that those warrants to get the records were rejected. They may be the key to the whole case. Although you would think that if a call was made before the 911 call that someone at the phone company would have already looked at it and leaked it???
Others on here have said that there is only a certain length of time such records would be kept by the phone company, which makes sense to me. If they didn't get it when it was available, it's too late now. And I agree with you about someone (seems like anyway) who might have access taking a peek and letting it leak. (I know if I worked for the phone company -- I would have peeked.)

I've been playing the 911 call on different software programs and I can hear someone saying "I'm sorry" but that's about it. Even where people say they hear Patsy saying "Help me Jesus" sounds like something mechanical.
I suppose it's like the proverbial clouds. Some people seem to hear different things. It's not really clear enough to say definitely what the exact words are. But then, maybe some day the actual enhanced tape will be released and we can actually know for sure what was said.

OTOH... Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa -- not gonna happen.

A judge in a related case sealed those phone records forever. It was because a tabloid reporter used false ID to try to get them. I have to question the judge, though. This was a child murder and those records might have helped solve the case- oh wait, that was something Boulder did NOT want to happen.
It does seem as if another court could overturn that decision, though. It has been done before in other cases.

A judge in a related case sealed those phone records forever. It was because a tabloid reporter used false ID to try to get them. I have to question the judge, though. This was a child murder and those records might have helped solve the case- oh wait, that was something Boulder did NOT want to happen.
It does seem as if another court could overturn that decision, though. It has been done before in other cases.

That is simply infuriating! Nobody was able to look at them before they were sealed? Why would LE not fight to get the records unsealed, or go higher up. I mean, a child is dead! She deserves for her killers to be brought to justice.

Talking about phone records and who they called got me thinking. If the internet was then as it is now, I wonder what kind of google searches would be listed on their computer. Would be interesting to know.....

That is simply infuriating! Nobody was able to look at them before they were sealed? Why would LE not fight to get the records unsealed, or go higher up. I mean, a child is dead! She deserves for her killers to be brought to justice.

Talking about phone records and who they called got me thinking. If the internet was then as it is now, I wonder what kind of google searches would be listed on their computer. Would be interesting to know.....

The people of Colorado have a right to petition their government for a formal review.

The people of America have a right to petition their government also.

It stinks. If I lived in Colorado, I'd be looking for some explanations, especiallly as the butt covering seems to be ongoing.

:cow:

The people of Colorado have a right to petition their government for a formal review.

The people of America have a right to petition their government also.

It stinks. If I lived in Colorado, I'd be looking for some explanations, especiallly as the butt covering seems to be ongoing.

:cow:

There are also such things as organized peaceful demonstrations, completely lawful, as far as I know.

Can you imagine the impact some of us WS's might have gathered up in front of one of the very important offices in Colo that should be taking another good, hard look at this case?? :what:

Count me in! This might be me: :jail:, but at least I could say I tried!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back