698 users online (104 members and 594 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by costalpilot View Post
    OmG.....really what can you say about the insularity of this program and its black heart adherents? This is frome the above opinion piece:

I
    think David Jones got it right:*Bill O’Brien was an OUTSIDER, and maybe he never really got inside.* Maybe he never really understood what it meant to be a stater.

perhaps the ncaa made a mistake when it failed to kill this program.
    I know. Some people think being a "stater" means Paterno above all other things. The PSU 3 thought so.

Keep in that I am a life member of the Alumni Association when I say this: These people are sick!

What happened to former Centre County DA Ray Gricar?

Quote Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post
    I know. Some people think being a "stater" means Paterno above all other things. The PSU 3 thought so.

Keep in that I am a life member of the Alumni Association when I say this: These people are sick!
    Sadly, the fire-eaters give the impression that they represent the majority of Penn State fans and alumni to "outsiders." I know that's not the case, but only because I've encountered the more rational PSU fans. Be patient. Eventually, the passionate minority will run out of gas.

The coaching search will be interesting. I'm not even sure who's going to make the decision. Aren't the current AD and President due to be replaced here soon?

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    Sadly, the fire-eaters give the impression that they represent the majority of Penn State fans and alumni to "outsiders." I know that's not the case, but only because I've encountered the more rational PSU fans. Be patient. Eventually, the passionate minority will run out of gas.

The coaching search will be interesting. I'm not even sure who's going to make the decision. Aren't the current AD and President due to be replaced here soon?
    There has been a problem with the presidential search.

The AD, I think, does not have a "term" as it where. He can be hired by the BoT.

The problem is that the minority can muster a plurality of votes in the elections for alumni BoT positions.

The Centre Daily Times weighs in: http://www.centredaily.com/2014/01/0...-decision.html

Quote Originally Posted by J. J. in Phila View Post

Very sad that there are people who are still very loyal to Joe Paterno. Penn State needs a clean slate with fresh faces. Out with the old, in with the new.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

These Joebots need to grow up and accept reality, or they are going to destroy the whole football program and split the school. They are still even talking about getting the statue and wins back. That is delusional. I think some of it is just people using this to increase their own power.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Source: James Franklin to Penn State

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/source-...ry?id=21477092

A contract making Vanderbilt's James Franklin the next Penn State coach should be finalized and approved at a meeting of the school's newly formed compensation committee Saturday morning, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Earlier Thursday, ESPN reported Franklin had agreed to accept an offer to become Penn State's coach.

The Penn State compensation committee is scheduled to meet in a closed session at 8:30 a.m. ET Saturday to discuss a "matter of compensation," PSU spokeswoman Lisa Powers said. She added that the person whose contract is being reviewed "has not been publicly identified at this time."
    Sources told ESPN that individual is Franklin, who spent the past three seasons at Vanderbilt.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

For Penn State right now, James Franklin is wrong choice

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...nklin/4396979/

What Jerry Sandusky did under the auspices of Penn State football was so horrible that one would think the mere thought of his despicable acts would guide every move by every person in a position of leadership at Penn State from now until, well, forever. For instance, because Sandusky raped young boys, you would think Penn State definitely would steer clear of anyone involved with that awful, terrible word: rape. That would seem to be a wise guiding principle for the search committee.

So, Penn State, who are you thinking about hiring?

A man whose tenure at Vanderbilt was marked by a rape scandal.........

Last June, four of Franklin's players were charged with raping an unconscious 21-year-old woman in a dormitory and a fifth player pleaded guilty to helping cover it up. All five were dismissed from the team. If and when there is a trial, it will be Franklin's former players on trial. One of the players' attorneys was quoted as saying he wants to subpoena Franklin.

Whatever happens in that case, by hiring Franklin, Penn State will have attached itself to it. If there's a trial and Franklin's a part of it, Penn State would be a part of it, too.

Are Penn State's leaders still that tone deaf to the way the nation looks at its school, especially its football program?

Apparently so.
    More at link.....

An interesting article, but I would not call it a scandal involving Franklin, except as a witness. There were some similar things under Paterno's tenure, during the last decade of it.

I would suspect that most coaches would be so tangentially involved in something like this.

Agree, J. J. I didn't really agree with that article, just thought it was a different approach. Looks like it's happening anyway:

Penn State closing in on Vanderbilt’s James Franklin

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/24885...-franklin.html

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Penn State’s search for a new football coach might be over.

Penn State said Friday that President Rodney Erickson and athletic director Dave Joyner will make a “major announcement” at Beaver Stadium on Saturday and invited reporters who cover the football team to attend.

The Nittany Lions have been talking with Vanderbilt coach James Franklin about the vacancy left by Bill O’Brien, who left last week for the NFL’s Houston Texans. Several media outlets reported that Franklin is expected to be O’Brien’s replacement, but Vanderbilt officials said Thursday night that Franklin hadn’t made a decision.

The 41-year-old Pennsylvania native is 24-15 in his three seasons as Vanderbilt’s head coach, matching Dan McGugin for the most wins in school history over a coach’s first three seasons. The Commodores are 16-4 over the past 20 games, second in the SEC only to Alabama. Vanderbilt won the final seven games of 2012 and the final five of 2013 in a stretch that also includes back-to-back bowl wins......

More at link....

Athletic department now operating at a deficit: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...incart_m-rpt-1

Athletic Director David Joyner is leaving his position: http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index...cart_big-photo

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6