PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Palmyra police are investigating the disappearance of a 21-year-old borough woman, who was last seen on Sunday.

Kortne Ciera Stouffer was last seen around 3:45 a.m. at her home, 810 W. Main St., according to a release from the Palmyra police department.

Police described her as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 115 pounds, with blond hair worn in dreadlocks and green eyes.

She had a tattoo with the words "one love" on her right bicep, another one with stars on her left foot and a third one of flowers and a pistol on her left hip.

Police did not provide any further details about the case in the news release.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21200862/police-search-missing-palmyra-woman?source=most_emailed

20120731_012655_Kortne%20Stouffer%20photo.jpg

Ok, it says she was last seen at 3am. Wondering who saw her? Does she have a roommate or live at home? She left her cell, purse, car at home. Doors to her car and home were unlocked. I am close to this area. Her Father last talked to her on Friday and her Mother last talked to her on Saturday. Her mother posted on her facebook about wrong choices kids make (this was on Sunday, I assume before Kortne went missing. Wonder what decision she made? Lots of questions on this one.

The more I look into this, the more I'm seeing that she is a young adult who is into things that resemble "wood stock" kind of life style. Hitting drums/ hoola hooping, camping in the woods, that kind of thing. IMO. She did modeling in 2010. She does have 3 jobs ( one of which is for her father and his company). I'm not saying drugs by any means but the "free" life style kind of interests. Not sure what this has to do with anything. JMO. She seems to be very responsible.

a bit more info here and a $5000 reward. More pics as well.

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21212616

Stouffer lived in the apartment for more than a year and had two black Labrador retrievers, said her neighbor. Only one of the dogs was found in the apartment after Stouffer disappeared.

Scott Stouffer said that one of the dogs belonged to his daughter and the other to her boyfriend, Bradley, who was not at the home last weekend.
From your link, thank you swanniee. Interesting that one of the dogs is missing too. I wonder if it it was her dog or the boyfriends? Did the dogs have leashes? Was one missing from the home? Wondering if she walked one of the dogs and something happened to her while she was out? Hope LE is checking with local animal shelters and the pound to see if her lab is found. Hopefully it was micro chipped.

Wendy said Kortne is close with her family and would not just pick up and leave -- especially without her cellphone or her dog. Wendy said most of Kortne's belongings were left at her home.

Thursday morning, Kortne's mother offered a $5,000 reward for the person who leads them to Kortne. You can get in touch with the Stouffer's by calling 717-838-8189 or emailing kortneinfo@gmail.com. Anyone with information is also asked to call police at 717-838-8188.

The family is organizing a candlelight vigil for Thursday evening. The event will take place at 8 p.m. at 325 South Railroad Street in Palmyra. One hundred people have already responded to the Facebook event.

Police say Kortne was last seen early Sunday at her home on 800 block of West Main Street. Her mother said had recently returned from dancing at clubs in Harrisburg.
Her mother said she was wearing a yellow tank top and black shorts splattered with neon colors.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19180626/parents-of-missing-pal
Guess there's my answer to which dog is missing.

Who did she go dancing with, did someone drop her off?

ETA-Video says; Neighbors saw Kortne come home @ 3:45 AM Sunday morning.

I would think they talked to the person/s who she was out with since the parents knew what she was wearing. They didn't see her so it must be the people who were out with her giving the discription. I had read in one of the articles that her boyfriend was out of town. If I'm reading this correctly, its his dog that is missing? How far away was the boyfriend? IMO

I live close enough to Palmyra that I'm in the same media markets. This morning abc27 ran a video about the vigil for Kortne, and my impression was that they didn't have many leads into her disappearance. The station interviewed her father who was pleading for someone to come forward and "give us a lead" for the police investigation. To me, it sounded as though they currently don't have much information to work with.

Prayers for Kortne's family, I hope they get some news soon.

There is a new story on pen live. Can,t. Link I am on a tablet thing ie and I sink at using it.

Kortnes father says he knows who last saw kortne Saturday night. But cannot name them because of the investigation?

I live in the same county Kortne is missing from and am appalled at the lack of media attention. It has not been a leading story on the news and I can't understand why. I did see a flyer up in the local grocery store this afternoon but that seems so minor. Our county fair was this week and would have been a great place to pass out flyers but I did not see any there.

Why do missing persons not receive more attention?

I live in the same county Kortne is missing from and am appalled at the lack of media attention. It has not been a leading story on the news and I can't understand why. I did see a flyer up in the local grocery store this afternoon but that seems so minor. Our county fair was this week and would have been a great place to pass out flyers but I did not see any there.

Why do missing persons not receive more attention?

BBM:
Generally speaking:
being under 21,
being attractive,
being a woman,
being a young mother,
leading a normal or somewhat normal lifestyle,
having lots of friends (especially influential ones),
having an outpouring of local support for searches,
having local reporter(s) who takes a personal interest,
having an organization like Klass Kids become involved,
having a TV show like Nancy Grace pick up the story,
having an LE dept that is outspoken in the media.
having something about the case that peaks public interest.

Please add to what I may have missed..

Comparing the Mickey Shunick case to that of Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011 -
CO CO - Amy Ahonen, 38, Golden, 08 July 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I believe are examples of cases on opposite ends of "what gets attention" spectrum...

Older article, but found these tidbits:

The Lebanon County district attorney is calling Kortne Stouffer’s disappearance suspicious, but he won’t disclose why investigators have come to that conclusion.

“We don’t know if it’s criminal or not, but we’re investigating it like it’s criminal,” District Attorney David Arnold said Thursday. Police filed a warrant to search her Palmyra apartment Tuesday, but district judge Carl Garver said he did not know if the search was complete.

#####

Kortne’s boyfriend was away for the weekend and is “pretty broken up” by her disappearance, Scott Stouffer said. Her aunt, Dottie Kipp of Chambers Hill in Swatara Twp., said Kortne and her boyfriend were saving money to buy a house. The boyfriend did not attend the vigil.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/family_and_friends_hope_vigil.html

okay, I am going to say it...I find it odd the boyfriend did not attend the vigil...
what the heck is up with that....and I really wonder exactly where he was the night she went missing.
Where is Kortne???

according to the above article a friend saw her at a bar earlier that evening. I wonder if someone drove her home due to drinking and driving. I hope they are fingerprinting the car. IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth