1120 users online (200 members and 920 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1110
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    116

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/eva...9bb2963f4.html

    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/e...-missing-girls

    These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers .

    Thread # 1 Thread # 2
    Thread # 3 Thread # 4
    Thread # 5 Thread # 6
    Thread # 7 Thread # 8
    Thread # 9 Thread#10


    Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread


    case map by poster hollye

    NCMEC posters:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 02:01 AM. Reason: added link 10

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,144

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

    Please remember the following when discussing the case:
    Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

    Things to know before you post:
    Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
    Treat other posters with respect.
    Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
    Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
    If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
    If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
    Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

    No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
    The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
    That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

    Last edited by imamaze; 08-01-2012 at 08:59 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,144

    IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

    Please continue here...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    7,350
    Sorry guys about the earlier post. Lucy - pm'd you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    Sorry guys about the earlier post. Lucy - pm'd you.
    I still don't get it!! Please explain. TIA

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    7,350
    Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    I still don't get it!! Please explain. TIA
    I was on the wrong thread. Have no idea who A Collins is. My apologies. Stupid newbie here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    I still don't get it!! Please explain. TIA
    Check the scanner thread for that information, FYI.
    Jmo kseal07

    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North East Iowa
    Posts
    418

    Very disturbing...

    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Lots of WS members have gone on searches, worked with TES and other organizations, volunteered time, donated money for search groups, etc...some have been crucial in identifying remains in the "unidentified" thread, at least one member has found a missing person by checking out a body of body and locating the victim's car, with victim inside. So WS is not just for the curious.
    I also work with a group that monitors pedo activity in chat rooms, we try and match RSO with FB and other social sites. PJ is the initial's not sure I can say on here. You should read some of the discussion's pedo's have with these children.

    Here locally, NE Iowa, a man (pedo) made arrangements with a man he thought was also in the pedo/trafficking business, but actually was LE. This man was wanting to meet at a hotel and was going to BUY a 3 YEAR OLD BOY. When asked if it would be for a "casual one time thing" the pedo said NO, I WANT TO BUY HIM TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH, ( I know WTF??) anyway this pedo whack job brings 25k and meets this guy to buy the boy and instead gets to meet local LE, and FBI. What if this pedo got an actual perv in the business instead of a cop, it makes me freaking sick!! Anyway he is in jail pending trial and I want to go to his trial but my uncle who is in the FBI said I shouldn't. Probably best I don't go but I still wish him jail house justice when he gets to prison, or now in county jail, I am not picky. I have a three year old nephew who I love dearly, looking at him I cannot believe this nut case wanted to do this. Sick world we live in, unfortunately...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by whittymom4 View Post
    I also work with a group that monitors pedo activity in chat rooms, we try and match RSO with FB and other social sites. PJ is the initial's not sure I can say on here. You should read some of the discussion's pedo's have with these children.

    Here locally, NE Iowa, a man (pedo) made arrangements with a man he thought was also in the pedo/trafficking business, but actually was LE. This man was wanting to meet at a hotel and was going to BUY a 3 YEAR OLD BOY. When asked if it would be for a "casual one time thing" the pedo said NO, I WANT TO BUY HIM TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH, ( I know WTF??) anyway this pedo whack job brings 25k and meets this guy to buy the boy and instead gets to meet local LE, and FBI. What if this pedo got an actual perv in the business instead of a cop, it makes me freaking sick!! Anyway he is in jail pending trial and I want to go to his trial but my uncle who is in the FBI said I shouldn't. Probably best I don't go but I still wish him jail house justice when he gets to prison, or now in county jail, I am not picky. I have a three year old nephew who I love dearly, looking at him I cannot believe this nut case wanted to do this. Sick world we live in, unfortunately...
    Oh wow I don't think I could do that, too much for me.
    Jmo kseal07

    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by whittymom4 View Post
    I also work with a group that monitors pedo activity in chat rooms, we try and match RSO with FB and other social sites. PJ is the initial's not sure I can say on here. You should read some of the discussion's pedo's have with these children.

    Here locally, NE Iowa, a man (pedo) made arrangements with a man he thought was also in the pedo/trafficking business, but actually was LE. This man was wanting to meet at a hotel and was going to BUY a 3 YEAR OLD BOY. When asked if it would be for a "casual one time thing" the pedo said NO, I WANT TO BUY HIM TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH, ( I know WTF??) anyway this pedo whack job brings 25k and meets this guy to buy the boy and instead gets to meet local LE, and FBI. What if this pedo got an actual perv in the business instead of a cop, it makes me freaking sick!! Anyway he is in jail pending trial and I want to go to his trial but my uncle who is in the FBI said I shouldn't. Probably best I don't go but I still wish him jail house justice when he gets to prison, or now in county jail, I am not picky. I have a three year old nephew who I love dearly, looking at him I cannot believe this nut case wanted to do this. Sick world we live in, unfortunately...
    The police here did a sting about a year ago. They arranged for several people to show up at a house to meet with a minor for sex. Then they videotaped the people as they came up, rang the bell, walked into the living room and were arrested. They sent the video to the media. They arrested more than a dozen people. They are from every walk of life. There were young men, old men, white guys, black men, Hispanic men, wealthy people, average Joes, etc., etc. It can be anyone. It can be the assistant football coach for Penn State or your next door neighbor.

    It freaks me out. I'm scared to let my son spend the night at his buddy's house. I have to know them really well, and then I still worry. I was a work-at-home dad for five years, and women often stared at me when I'd go somewhere with my daughter. It was like they were judging me. It's so upsetting that these people have done this to our world.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North East Iowa
    Posts
    418

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by kseal07 View Post
    Oh wow I don't think I could do that, too much for me.
    It really is sometimes. I take a break every two weeks, for two weeks, so it does not affect me so much. It is truly scarey what is happening around us!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsctr View Post
    I was on the wrong thread. Have no idea who A Collins is. My apologies. Stupid newbie here.
    See if you can edit your post...if not PM the mod and they can redact it. I think we have all done stuff on here like that...I know I have...there is a learning curve on WS. I am by no means perfect now...LOL.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hoping to arrive in NEUTRAL soon
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by whittymom4 View Post
    I also work with a group that monitors pedo activity in chat rooms, we try and match RSO with FB and other social sites. PJ is the initial's not sure I can say on here. You should read some of the discussion's pedo's have with these children.

    Here locally, NE Iowa, a man (pedo) made arrangements with a man he thought was also in the pedo/trafficking business, but actually was LE. This man was wanting to meet at a hotel and was going to BUY a 3 YEAR OLD BOY. When asked if it would be for a "casual one time thing" the pedo said NO, I WANT TO BUY HIM TO HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH, ( I know WTF??) anyway this pedo whack job brings 25k and meets this guy to buy the boy and instead gets to meet local LE, and FBI. What if this pedo got an actual perv in the business instead of a cop, it makes me freaking sick!! Anyway he is in jail pending trial and I want to go to his trial but my uncle who is in the FBI said I shouldn't. Probably best I don't go but I still wish him jail house justice when he gets to prison, or now in county jail, I am not picky. I have a three year old nephew who I love dearly, looking at him I cannot believe this nut case wanted to do this. Sick world we live in, unfortunately...
    BBM
    $25,000. Unbelievable. IMO in light of that it is not a huge leap to see how that may have been the motive in an abduction of the cousins. But I think it might have so very many complicated layers of culpability that it will be difficult for the public like us to ever get the full story. Organized crime takes a long time to investigate and uncover. If the girls' disappearance is part of a large crime conspiracy it would not be unusual for us to get very little information until the feds are satisfied they have gotten the lifeblood of the organization. Again I am going to cling to the FBI statement about believing the girls are alive and hope they are safe in protective custody while the investigation into a multi-player multi-layer crime operation continues.
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    5,706
    Otto's post got me to thinking. He said he was trying to figure out whether crime of opportunity or planned, and was talking about a car using Maiden Lane, etc. (quote in last thread near the end).

    Anyhow, what if it was both? Crime of opportunity AND planned?

    I mean, a car could be pulled back into that area because people inside it wanted a private place to pull off to do drugs of some kind. Imagine a couple of guys standing around doing drugs in what seems like a private place, and they hear girls voices coming closer, laughing, whatever. They look at each other and already know what they're gonna do, since they're druggie pervs who have kicked the idea around before. They stash the drugs in the car fast, grab the girls, and go. Whoo-hoo, scored some drugs AND found some girls. what a day..
    RIP (Ride in Peace), Brian Histand

    ------
    My Bestest Map (Israel Keyes) - UPDATED: August 13, 2013
    My Comprehensive Israel Keyes Timeline UPDATED: August 14, 2013
    Israel Keyes' thread here at WebSleuths - come join us!

    Everyone has their own personal tragedies, just like you do.
    So, try to be extra kind to someone today - it might just make all the difference!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North East Iowa
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    The police here did a sting about a year ago. They arranged for several people to show up at a house to meet with a minor for sex. Then they videotaped the people as they came up, rang the bell, walked into the living room and were arrested. They sent the video to the media. They arrested more than a dozen people. They are from every walk of life. There were young men, old men, white guys, black men, Hispanic men, wealthy people, average Joes, etc., etc. It can be anyone. It can be the assistant football coach for Penn State or your next door neighbor.

    It freaks me out. I'm scared to let my son spend the night at his buddy's house. I have to know them really well, and then I still worry. I was a work-at-home dad for five years, and women often stared at me when I'd go somewhere with my daughter. It was like they were judging me. It's so upsetting that these people have done this to our world.
    I know, I have three girls, 8, 10 and 22. I am afraid to let my little ones spend the night anywhere. Even if you know their friends parents and trust them, you don't know the friends neighbor, Pastor, family members, anyone can come in contact with our children when we are not around to watch. My 22 yr. old is away at college and I constantly worry, her dad tells me not too, that she knows the dangers, but how can she when they change and get worse all the time?

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1087
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1789
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1055
    Last Post: 12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
  4. Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
  5. Replies: 1229
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread