Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *GUILTY * Deanna Ballman, 9 months pregnant, found dead after answering Craigslist ad

Police don't think the ad was for cleaning.
    The one woman who called 911 claimed he wanted to draw a digestive system on her and then take photos.

"Investigators say they do not believe the nature of the ad involved house cleaning, but refused to elaborate further."

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18937.shtml
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Newalbany View Post
    I'm wondering if she answered an ad like this and not a cleaning ad. Maybe she told her mom she was going to clean.
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/cas/3172517092.html

What the heck kind of ad is that? ............ seriously!

fran

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    What concerns me is some deadly substances are undetectable even by tox screen.
    If they can't find a cause of death no one might end up being charged.

By the way, very informative article on 911 calls coming from the home.

"Caller: "Um, yes I came to a gentleman's house and he accosted me and um we met off of craislist that should just... do I need to be transfered to the police or?" "

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18913.shtml

FWIW, one of my daughters is a forensic chemist and she said that if LE doesn't know WHAT(?) substance to test for, it may NOT be detected.

With all of the new drugs being manufactured every day, it makes it difficult for LE to detect them.

I'd actually heard about this phenomena years ago when they started manufacturing 'designer drugs.'

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post

fran
    That's what I was thinking. Geez, craigslist is a VERY scary place.

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to rollinginit For This Useful Post:

fran
    Um, that ad was under casual encounters....

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Geez, craigslist is a VERY scary place.
    The one here is barely existent anymore, which is good. It is scary!

Looking for a used car once and looked there. An ad said xxxx kind of car, bring $2,000 cash! I'm certain anyone that went got robbed or murdered. I don't like these free advertising boards at all, too dangerous.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I have used craigslist to buy hay, furniture and even get a puppy. You just have to be carefull.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

This case sounds alot like the one out east where the girl went on a "call" and ended up drowning but several bodies were found nearby. Wasn't the guy in that hired her a Dr. too? Hmm..I think I'll go check..

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Luckyswife For This Useful Post:

I read these stories about Craigslist and it would be like anything else it is a small percentage of actual ads and usage....there are areas of Craigslist that is nefarious and I wouldn't look. But I have bought and sold furniture, pets items and found houses for rent in a few states that I have lived. I just finished selling much of my mom's furniture now that she has downsized her home. There are a lot of normal people out there that use Craigslist in a normal way, it has been a wonderful source for furniture...garage sales...really I have used it for years. Like anything in life, you just take the normal precautions to stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyswife View Post
    This case sounds alot like the one out east where the girl went on a "call" and ended up drowning but several bodies were found nearby. Wasn't the guy in that hired her a Dr. too? Hmm..I think I'll go check..
    The doctor wasn't the one who hired the girl, he lived at the house she ran to for help. You are thinking of the Long Island Serial Killer Case.

http://longislandserialkiller.com/

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colette For This Useful Post:

FWIW, one of my daughters is a forensic chemist and she said that if LE doesn't know WHAT(?) substance to test for, it may NOT be detected.

With all of the new drugs being manufactured every day, it makes it difficult for LE to detect them.

I'd actually heard about this phenomena years ago when they started manufacturing 'designer drugs.'

JMHO
    fran
    There are some substances that can not be detected even if they know what to look for. Such as succinylcholine ( I was just watching a TV show about the case linked in the article on the murder of Kathy Augustine). They were able to test for it in her urine, but that is because she was alive for some period of time and they could collect her urine. According to that TV show I watched, if Kathy Augustine died immediately, they wouldn't have been able to test for it.

"The state's witness informed the court sux as it's commonly referred, was not found in Augustine's tissue samples because he says the paralytic drug breaks down immediately and it was taken four days after hospitalization. "This drug disappears from the blood stream quickly, gone from a minute to a minute and a half.""
    http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?s=6692994
    Just my opinion

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaC View Post
    What strikes me as odd is that no one has mentioned anything about the baby she was carrying. When they found her was she still pregnant? I know the news hasn't mentioned anything like that, and they haven't said weather or not this is a single or double murder. Usually when a pregnant woman is killed they describe it as a double murder.
    Hmmm. I believe she was pregnant at the time, as the reason for thinking she couldn't get another kind of job was stated that "she thought no one would hire someone that is 9 months pregnant." Can't be sure until we hear more. Could be something LE is keeping quiet until the killer slips up and says something only LE knows.

I cannot find any new news, wish we had some updates.

Am very concerned about the doc, his ads on a free site, and the calls that came once people got to his house!

According to the news I just received a few minutes ago, the police went back to the doctor's house before noon today.

Hi, 21merc7

A very informative link was provided upthread by jjenny as shown below ... most interesting, if you haven't already read the article and watched the video.

Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    I cannot find any new news, wish we had some updates.

Am very concerned about the doc, his ads on a free site, and the calls that came once people got to his house!
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    By the way, very informative article on 911 calls coming from the home.

"Caller: "Um, yes I came to a gentleman's house and he accosted me and um we met off of craislist that should just... do I need to be transfered to the police or?" "

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18913.shtml
    <snipped and BBM>

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:

Police Return To Home Searched In Connection With Pregnant Mother's Death

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ers-death.html

For someone who asked upthread, the baby is deceased also.

HTH
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Hi RebeccaC

Below is a link of news provided yesterday about the baby. There was an earlier news item upthread about the baby also.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_18937.shtml

Posted Monday, August 6, 2012, 07:33 PM EDT

Ballman, 23, was 9 months pregnant at the time of her death; the baby did not survive. Monday, the Delaware County Coroner ruled that the unborn child died due to a lack of oxygen.
    <snipped>

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:

Yes, she was still pregnant and the baby was dead. Obviously once the mother dies, there is a very short window of opportunity to get the baby out. If the baby isn't removed very quickly, the baby will die.
    Just my opinion

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Is anyone else on here from New Albany too? No one in town is really talking about this. Very odd!

29. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Newalbany For This Useful Post:

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS "NEWALBANY'' AND "REBECCAC'' AND "MKC08"

31. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:

That ad is truly bizarre...is it someone with a fetish for pregnant women?
    Or a lure to hurt them, or "test" something on them?
    Just my opinion, of course.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

A pregnant woman without a source of income might be desperate to find some sort of income.
    I don't know what kind of ad this was that she responded to, but police don't think it was for cleaning. With the previous 911 caller, it sounds to me like he was putting in ads for some sort of modeling? From the prior 911 call, it was alleged he wanted to draw digestive system on a woman and take photos.
    Last edited by jjenny; 08-07-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    Just my opinion

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I don't think this case is even close to coming out yet. Something tells me, base on location of where the body was found, the vulnerability of the victim, AND the past incidents that occurred at the residency, AND the ad the was posted, THIS DOESN'T LOOK GOOD IMO. Regardless if this doctor is innocent or guilty, he has a lot to explain 2.

37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Labatt Blue For This Useful Post:

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    I'm wondering if she answered an ad like this and not a cleaning ad. Maybe she told her mom she was going to clean.
    Anyone that answers an ad like that in today's world is asking for trouble. With the number of babies being cut from their mother, the mom being killed for the baby, etc. moms-to-be are more at risk out in the world today than years ago. Too many psychos out there. That one baby was taken from the parking lot of the pediatrician and his mom is dead, too.
    I tend to believe she told her mom the truth until someone provides proof of other circumstances.

I believe you've all provided enough evidence to support the 'other ad' claim. Mea Culpa. Sorry.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 08-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle

Real Ad?

Did you get this ad off craigslist? I mean, I'm asking, are ads like this out there for real?

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EXIA15145 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast