• LWoP - life without parole

26 20.31%
  • Death Penalty - self explanatory

55 42.97%
  • Undecided - self explanatory

16 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Death Penalty or ?

Thought I would start a poll, to include NGRI, LWoP, Death Penalty, Undecided.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    My vote was LWoP. I would reserve the death penalty only for LWoP convicts who commit additional serious crimes (murder, rape, torture, escape ...) while incarcerated.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:

I put undecided - not sure how all of this mental health stuff will play out- will wait- either LWOP or death penalty for me. No mental institution or lesser penalty.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pinkflamingo For This Useful Post:

death penalty

He doesn't deserve to live since he killed so many people and ruined so many peoples lifes.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JenniferTx For This Useful Post:

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I voted undecided. I prefer to wait until trial and all the evidence has been presented before I make up my mind as to punishment.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OneLostGrl For This Useful Post:

Not enough information available to make this decision.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to newsleuther For This Useful Post:

i voted LWOP. he gets off too 'easy' with the death penalty. he needs to live the rest of his life in solitary confinement if u ask me. i'd prefer some sort of daily torture take place if it was up to me.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KDOGG For This Useful Post:

I believe the death penalty is a much too easy way "out"...and most of my life ive been very pro-DP....

I believe life in prison is not enough.....they get way too many luxuries/privileges....

When it comes to people like murderers pedophiles/sexual offenders....I believe the best solution is a loooong drawn out painful death.....like digging a hole, throwing the person in a that hole, covering it minus a hole for air and let them rot there slowly....

^^yeah, pretty gruesome, but i believe some crimes deserve the harshest punishment one could hand out....

with that said.....when it comes to mental dissorders and people who truly had no control over their actions because their mind is ****ed up....i have some different thoughts.
    dum spiro, spero

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prima.facie For This Useful Post:

Too early to decide.

Still on the fence

I see planning on buying his killing "equipments" but the question is, was he in the right state of mind while he was doing that.

I would like to hear from a 3rd Party Psychiatrist who will actually see and evaluate JH right now. I want to see brain imaging and see if he is suffering from a brain tumor or any other affiliated diseases.

But one thing i am sure - He shouldn't be FREE AND he shouldn't be mingling with the Public . He is dangerous IMO.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

I voted NGRI. Having had experience in higher education with folks who are brilliant and severely mentally ill, I have to step back and wait to be convinced otherwise. Maybe I am wrong -- evidence will tell.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

LWOP, at this point, but I reserve my right to change my mind as new info comes out. I just hope he doesn't somehow get married and have children while he's in prison.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KDOGG View Post
    i voted LWOP. he gets off too 'easy' with the death penalty. he needs to live the rest of his life in solitary confinement if u ask me. i'd prefer some sort of daily torture take place if it was up to me.
    In all likelihood they will never carry death penalty out in Co. Now, if he was in TX, that would be another story.
    Just my opinion

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    I voted NGRI. Having had experience in higher education with folks who are brilliant and severely mentally ill, I have to step back and wait to be convinced otherwise. Maybe I am wrong -- evidence will tell.
    He can be mentally ill-that doesn't necessarily make him legally insane and doesn't prevent a conviction.
    Mental illness and legal insanity are not one and the same.
    Just my opinion

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

i voted death penalty,i may not be american but i don't see why american taxpayers should pay to house this evil person for the rest of his life.

he took so many lives and and ruined many others,he does not deserve the privilege of life
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to josie1986 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    i voted death penalty,i may not be american but i don't see why american taxpayers should pay to house this evil person for the rest of his life.
    The cost of a death penalty case far exceeds the cost of housing an inmate for life. ( link ) For example, it cost Florida tax payers $5M to put Ted Bundy to death ( link ).

That said, am not saying the man should not be put to death, just that the common arguments, cost (as you suggest) and deterrence (as some believe), are myths.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast