1246 users online (235 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - Houston, Human bones at construction site, Aug'12 - Old cemetery

Workers uncovered several bones about 2 p.m. inside the fenced-in construction area along Chandler near Arnold, west of downtown Houston.
    “They found the bones right where they were excavating,” said Carlos Cardenas, a Houston police homicide detective.
    The area was once the home of the Park Memorial Condominiums. The complex was torn down earlier this year after it was sold to developers.

Detectives said the bones apparently had been from a body that was concealed there when the Park Memorial Condominiums were being built in the late 1970s to early 1980s.
    Cardenas said he considered whether the remains might have been from a burial site.

“This is pretty unusual,” he said. But, “we don’t think it has anything to do with an old cemetery.”
    Read More:
    http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012...truction-site/
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 11-20-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Joyce Brewer went missing in 1970 from 25 miles or so away.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

There are many possibilities. I hope the authorities in Houston will eventually let the public know a few basic facts, like age and gender.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

May I please ask does anyone have a map of the area where these bones were found?
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Is this it?

http://swamplot.com/apartments-repla...02/#more-43587

Does anyone have a map of the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Suzanne View Post
    May I please ask does anyone have a map of the area where these bones were found?
    chandler street, houston - Google Maps
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 04:36 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

So were the apartments built on an old cemetery?

I'm in the haystack looking for that needle
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    They said 'NO'.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/H...ns-3757069.php

Sheesh, and this one says 'possibly'. Who's correct?

'Henry Griffin, an area resident for about 70 years, said the Park Memorial Condominiums were built over a cemetery where a number of native Americans had been buried.'
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 08-02-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added links

Apparently so, but they have some reason to suspect that the bones aren't related to the cemetary.

There are a few things that I can think of that might lead to that conclusion.

Perhaps the body was positioned in a location that was a part of the foundation of the previous condominiums. There might have been cement from the foundation pour that was attached to (or underneath) the bones. Or maybe there was clothing with the body that was inconsistent with a normal burial. Or perhaps the bones had dental work that was more modern than the cemetery.

Sorry, Jennifer

Sorry, Jennifer. I'm beginning to think you have a better answer than the news sources. mea culpa.

He's saying the bones/remains showed up during construction, and the workers just covered them up and kept on working. Wow.

'Detectives said the bones apparently had been from a body that was concealed there when the Park Memorial Condominiums were being built in the late 1970s to early 1980s.'

So the body's only been there since during the building of the apartment complex.

TX - Houston, human bones at construction site near Memorial Park, Aug'12

HOUSTON – Investigators on Thursday found human ribs at a construction site where other bones were discovered by workers Wednesday.
    Construction workers who were excavating the site of an old condominium complex in the 100 block of Detering first found the bones around 2:50 p.m. Wednesday and called police.

Homicide investigators responded to the scene and called out an anthropologist to determine that the remains were, in fact, human.

Investigators believe the remains may be from the late 70s or early 80s. They suspect foul play may be involved, because the bones were found between a concrete slab and a retaining wall.

"We know that some people are thinking maybe it’s a bum that died or something, a transient. [But] it doesn’t appear that way, because of the location of the bones," Sgt. Richard Rodriguez of HPD Homicide said.
    http://www.khou.com/news/HPD-Skeleta...626.html?can=n
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Well that's totally logical. "Oh, look, a dead body. Oh well, carry on with the construction."
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Off Topic, I guess, but I have to say it.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/H...ns-3757069.php

'Henry Griffin, an area resident for about 70 years, said the Park Memorial Condominiums were built over a cemetery where a number of native Americans had been buried.'

You aren't supposed to disturb Native American burial grounds. It's a matter of respect, it is not supposed to be done.
    Last edited by EXIA15145; 08-02-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: corrected the ambiguous wording, my bad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast