The Notebook mailed to the Dr.

man, all these topics are so connected, I'm not sure where to put my posts anymore...

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor..._lynne_fenton_doctor_patient_relationship.php

Update, 4:15 p.m. August 30: Judge William Sylvester has ruled that a package sent on July 19 by accused Aurora theater shooter James Holmes to Dr. Lynne Fenton, who'd cared for him professionally as a psychiatrist, is to be considered privileged information, at least for now. The reason, Sylvester said, is because there is not sufficient evidence at this point to prove the nature of their doctor-patient relationship on that date, even though Fenton has said repeatedly that it ended on June 11.
Fenton also said that she received a July 22 voicemail about the package from a public defendant investigator, who asked that she return it to the defense. She responded by calling her own attorneys.

So, this sounds like JH didn't tell police about the notebook, but rather he told his attorneys and they contacted the UC.

It was a padded envelope, a U.S. postal inspector testified. It was purchased, along with a sheet of Forever stamps, on July 12 at the Fletcher Post Office in Aurora. It was dropped in the mail sometime after the last pickup July 19 and scanned through at the main Denver processing center on July 21, during which pictures were taken of its front and back, as is the case with every envelope processed there.

It was delivered July 23 to the Anschutz Medical Campus

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ect-and-shrink

So it was purchased on July 12-not delivered on July 12. Sounds like fox news source heard the noise but didn't know where it was coming from (considering the source claimed package was delivered on July 12). And University was absolutely accurate when it claimed the package was delivered on July 23. Also sounds like Holmes timed it so it would be delivered afterwards. Not prior.

So, he mailed it hours before the shooting. This tells me it wasn't a warning. He wasn't looking for "help" or intervention. What was its purpose?

So, he mailed it hours before the shooting. This tells me it wasn't a warning. He wasn't looking for "help" or intervention. What was its purpose?

maybe it is part of his planned insanity case
it is crazier when an insane person is acting crazy when they were sane imo..

Lots of mass killers or serial killers have a "manifesto." I bet that is his manifesto.

Lots of mass killers or serial killers have a "manifesto." I bet that is his manifesto.

So, it's like a confession and/or explanation. Doesn't sound privileged to me....

Fox Reporter

Lawyers for the reporter, Jana Winter, have previously said they need to see the notebook in order to properly fight a subpoena by Holmes' lawyers that could force Winter to reveal her sources for a story she wrote about the notebook. In a filing Tuesday that was made public Wednesday, Holmes' lawyers say no law allows Winter's lawyers to read the notebook and suggested that the request was a sneaky ploy to find out more about
what could be the key piece of evidence in the case.
Winter's lawyers' request, Holmes' side wrote in the filing, is "a vehicle to obtain broader access to information she had no right to access in the first place."
Holmes mailed the notebook to his psychiatrist just hours before the shooting, which killed 12 people and for which Holmes could face the death penalty, occurred. Winter, citing anonymous law-enforcement sources, subsequently reported that the notebook contains violent drawings and plans for murder.
Holmes' lawyers said that disclosure violated the gag order in the case and asked for sanctions against the prosecution. Then, when none of the officials who had access to the notebook admitted under oath to being the source of the leak, Holmes' attorneys said the matter had become a possible perjury investigation.
If Winter is ordered to testify and refuses — as she has indicated she would — she could face jail time.

Read more: Lawyers for James Holmes don't want Fox News reporter Jana Winter to see notebook - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...mes-dont-want-fox-news-reporter#ixzz2YG0xC22c

3202d77f.gif

In notebook read to jury, James Holmes wrote of 'obsession'

(CNN)James Holmes for years thought of how to kill a large number of people, according to a notebook he kept before a 2012 mass killing in a Colorado movie theater.

"The obsession to kill since I was a kid, with age became more and more realistic," he wrote in the notebook, which he sent to a psychiatrist before the assault and which became part of the evidence in Holmes' mass murder trial Tuesday.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

CNN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth