Police: Man crushes police cruisers with tractor

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
I shouldn't laugh at this, because it's really not funny, but it is. If that makes any sense. :dunno:

http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_21227374/police-vt-farmer-crushed-cop-cars-tractor

Police: Man crushes police cruisers with tractor
By DAVE GRAM Associated Press
Updated: 08/03/2012 11:41:32 AM EDT

20120802__USCruisersCrushed~1_500.jpg

Sheriff officers walk past crushed cruisers at the Orleans County Sheriff's Department in Newport, Vt., Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012. Authorities say 34-year old Vermont farmer Roger Pion, angry over a recent arrest last month on charges of resisting arrest and marijuana possession, used a large tractor like a monster truck, destroying seven police cruisers. ((AP Photo/Northland Journal, Scott Wheeler))

...By the time they ran outside, the tractor was down the driveway and out onto the road.

With their vehicles crushed, "We had nothing to pursue him with," said Chief Deputy Philip Brooks....

:giggle: Since he's a stoner, I'm surprised he got off the couch to do it.

No, you should definitely laugh at this. I did. Nothing to pursue him with..lol... :floorlaugh:

Funny, but that stinks for the Orleans county taxpayers, having to pay for 7 new police cars and all the specialized police equipment all at once.

Funny, but that stinks for the Orleans county taxpayers, having to pay for 7 new police cars and all the specialized police equipment all at once.

Hopefully there is some kind of insurance for them. :dunno:

well, his stupid little misdemeanors just turned into something more serious

what an idiot - he's lucky no one was inside any of them

I saw this on the news. Crazy!

I wonder if he planned this or if it was just spur of the moment . . .

"Hey Bob, I think I'll take the tractor down to the station and crush all the cruisers. .. then hit 7-11 for a Big Gulp and some taquitos." :crazy:

I dont know how much of a legal defence he has.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxpIqa0SdPI&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxpIqa0SdPI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

It is funny, but then I have a twisted sense of humor.

How will they get to the donut shop now? ;) JUST KIDDING.

Of course, I recognize the unlawfulness of it, the repercussions for the community, and most of all, the setback for law enforcement (other crimes, other criminals). I'm relieved that apparently no LE or anyone else were injured.

I'm sure other nearby LE agencies (and state, fed) will step up...

Lest there be any misunderstanding, it was wrong. Really wrong. And he'll be payin' the price...

Really, lefty types? I visited the Facebook page and it looks like the nutty right wing, guns-for-everyone, hate the government crowd. :twocents:

To be honest, I only skimmed the FB page, and saw a bunch of pro-weed stuff, so I ASSumed they were lefty-hippie types. :blushing:
Mea culpa.

Vermont State Police said in a statement that Pion would face seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.

Pion was being held at the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport on $15,000 bail.

Sure is a small bail for ruining 7 cop cars. FWIW, the perp should have to forfeit all his land and possessions up to the amount of the damage he caused to the county. If he can't cover the bill of $300,000 he should work and pay off every penny, IMO.

Vermont State Police said in a statement that Pion would face seven counts of felony unlawful mischief, one count of misdemeanor unlawful mischief, one count aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer, one count of gross negligent operation, and one count of leaving the scene of an accident.

Pion was being held at the Northern State Correctional Center in Newport on $15,000 bail.

Sure is a small bail for ruining 7 cop cars. FWIW, the perp should have to forfeit all his land and possessions up to the amount of the damage he caused to the county. If he can't cover the bill of $300,000 he should work and pay off every penny, IMO.

That does seem like awfully small bail money. I wonder what the total time he can serve if found guilty is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back