IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

I've updated the map to include the trail photos (East/West) and removed the markers for bikes and purse - until we get more information. I think that the bikes were towards the east side of the trail (based on clues we've been given), but I'll wait for more info.

Meyers_Lake_Collins_Cook_Layout.jpg

Thank You Otto,

I was just about to post a request that you bring that over from the previous closed thread. It is very helpful in getting an idea of what the area is all about.

When you look at the aerial view...there are such dense woods..no way anyone has gone shoulder to shoulder through there. Looks obvious and ominous to me. They need dogs...lots of dogs and lots of calamine lotion...

Thanks OTTO.

Were the bikes found on the path that is in the bottom of the photos?

Thanks and luv for Ima!

THAT close to the pump house....I mean the bikes were that close?!?!?
I remember a few posters besides myself asked Olli if that was searched.
I feel sad now....more sad than before.

When you look at the aerial view...there are such dense woods..no way anyone has gone shoulder to shoulder through there. Looks obvious and ominous to me. They need dogs...lots of dogs and lots of calamine lotion...

The wooded area at the east end of the lake (Maiden Lane end), only looks to be about 4 acres. I shouldn't think it would take all that long to search?

Looking at those pics, I keep thinking "what the heck were they doing there!!!!"...I know it looks scary to me, and when I was their age, I used to be scared of going down in the basement..I will admit though that we rode our bikes to scary places at that age...many moons ago..and part of the thrill was that it was kinda scary...

Thanks OTTO.

Were the bikes found on the path that is in the bottom of the photos?

They were somewhere along that path where there is a fence on both sides of the trail. At this point, we're unsure where exactly they were. That stretch of the trail, the double fenced area, is about 500 in length.

Great job Otto - combining Ollipop's photos with your map! Excellent visual!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

They were somewhere along that path where there is a fence on both sides of the trail. At this point, we're unsure where exactly they were. That stretch of the trail, the double fenced area, is about 500 in length.

So they would have had to have hopped the fence (on either side). Thank you again. I was under the impression that there was a break/ or a hole or something that they could have just walked thru

Looking at those pics, I keep thinking "what the heck were they doing there!!!!"...I know it looks scary to me, and when I was their age, I used to be scared of going down in the basement..I will admit though that we rode our bikes to scary places at that age...many moons ago..and part of the thrill was that it was kinda scary...

We used to ride our bikes to scary remote woodsy areas too. We had a little creek that we all played in. Pretty remote actually.

I am wondering if maybe the girls rode there, and left their bikes and went into that area to explore, play, hide, hunt for flowers/stones/bugs.

And then they came across some trouble.

Folks who know more about this sort of stuff than I do:

Is it in any way possible the girls ARE in the lake and they FBI missed them? I've heard of searches of bodies of water where deceased were not found, even though the folks were known to be drowned.

If those woods by the area where the bikes were found are infested with poison ivy, hopefully LE has talked to all the local ER doctors/nurses. Lots of people with poison ivy rashes inappropriately go to the ER for treatment.

So they would have had to have hopped the fence (on either side). Thank you again. I was under the impression that there was a break/ or a hole or something that they could have just walked thru

There is a hole in the fence on the highway side of the fence, but that can be ruled out because the highway was busy with construction crews and backed up, single lane traffic on the day the children disappeared.

Elizabeth's purse was found on the lakeside side of the fence, 20 feet east of where the bikes were found. One officer said that the bikes were leaning against the fence. Since the bikes were leaning on one side of the fence and the purse was on the other side, we have two possibilities:

1. Elizabeth went over the fence where the bikes were found
2. the perp threw the purse over the fence to prevent Elizabeth from using the phone, and then he or they took the children to where the double fenced area ended.

If we keep it simple, then we have Elizabeth going over the fence with the purse and then dropping it or having it taken from her. This makes the most sense to me, as I highly doubt that a perp would walk down the trail with the girls when someone could come along at any moment. I think the first thing a perp would want to do after gaining control of the girls would be to get them off the trail as fast as possible - over the fence to where the purse was found.

We used to ride our bikes to scary remote woodsy areas too. We had a little creek that we all played in. Pretty remote actually.

I am wondering if maybe the girls rode there, and left their bikes and went into that area to explore, play, hide, hunt for flowers/stones/bugs.

And then they came across some trouble.

This has been my feeling all along and when the girls felt trouble they ran back towards their bikes. Elizabeth's backpack/purse was then lost in a struggle. IMO

Folks who know more about this sort of stuff than I do:

Is it in any way possible the girls ARE in the lake and they FBI missed them? I've heard of searches of bodies of water where deceased were not found, even though the folks were known to be drowned.
I don't believe so. There were several photos of the FBI agents walking side by side through the entire lake up to their necks using long sticks to cover every inch. In the deepest areas where the lake is 20 feet deep, the FBI used the most sophisticated sonar device available which was pulled behind a boat for many hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123