Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Chick View Post
    Thats a good question. I think I read somewhere there was a big road construction project going on any locals on to answer?
    IIRC, construction work on the nearby Interstate (380?) had traffic slowed to one lane in at least one direction, maybe both directions.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pacific2011 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Hi sorry if this has ever been asked before but has there been any mention of the girls school life if they were ever bullied or anything? I don't think I have read anything about school at all.
    I'm thinking, was Lyric homeschooled? I want to say that. But you're right, very little, well, on anything really. I'd be interested to know interests, habits, quirks. What if there was some tiny link there? We need only one thread to unravel this.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jacy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by voxrock2000 View Post
    I do have a feeling that someone involved is posting here from reading between the lines and plus i have had some dreams about it too. May not be the perp per say, but someone with some inside knowledge and maybe a guilty conscience.

For the record it aint me... I am 631 miles away and my days (and nights) are accounted for! But i am done posting theories on this case. I think LE has a good bead on this one and its only a matter of time. Gonna watch the nascar race instead. Woo hoo.
    I think your feeling may be right on. Please don't stop posting, though!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pacific2011 For This Useful Post:

repost. This seems to indicate that if a pervert got them, they are gone, but if it relates to drug convictions, they may still be alive..

"Breault stood by her assertion, first made Saturday, that investigators believe the girls are alive.

"They are not going to reveal the reasons why. You wouldn't want them to do that. It would jeopardize the investigation and the children," she said.

David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, said that claim means investigators could "have something quite important" for evidence. He said cases of two children being abducted by a stranger were rare since it would be hard for one person to control both, which makes the common motive of sexual gratification less likely in this case".

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24...#ixzz22hVKDqty

"If they do think the dynamics are primarily around the drug cases, investigators might be more likely to think the girls are alive. They lose their value if they have been murdered," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24...#ixzz22hUMuscD

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    repost. This seems to indicate that if a pervert got them, they are gone, but if it relates to drug convictions, they may still be alive..

"Breault stood by her assertion, first made Saturday, that investigators believe the girls are alive.

"They are not going to reveal the reasons why. You wouldn't want them to do that. It would jeopardize the investigation and the children," she said.

David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire, said that claim means investigators could "have something quite important" for evidence. He said cases of two children being abducted by a stranger were rare since it would be hard for one person to control both, which makes the common motive of sexual gratification less likely in this case".

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24...#ixzz22hVKDqty

"If they do think the dynamics are primarily around the drug cases, investigators might be more likely to think the girls are alive. They lose their value if they have been murdered," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24...#ixzz22hUMuscD
    Speculation that the girls were still alive was based on a tip. At the same time, Elizabeth's dad found a voicemail on his phone where she said that she missed him. The message was 9 days old (pre-dating the abduction), but dad didn't know it ... at first. It was later discovered that the message was from the day before she disappeared. Could this be the tip that led police to believe that the girls were still alive? Maybe.

After that one statement, where FBI said they believed the girls were alive ... which was made about 8 days after the girls disappeared, it has not been repeated. I suspect that the tip did not pan out.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jacy View Post
    I'm thinking, was Lyric homeschooled? I want to say that. But you're right, very little, well, on anything really. I'd be interested to know interests, habits, quirks. What if there was some tiny link there? We need only one thread to unravel this.
    I'm catching up... and yeah I'd love to know more about interests, habits, quirks, etc. Tlcox a few threads ago did post what little we know that's been released and I greatly appreciated it: Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10.

As far as schools, IIRC Lyric's school was mentioned and Elizabeth was homeschooled for awhile, then started going to public school this year. It's briefly mentioned in the above post. Nothing's ever been said about bullying.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-04-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Speculation that the girls were still alive was based on a tip. At the same time, Elizabeth's dad found a voicemail on his phone where she said that she missed him. The message was 9 days old (pre-dating the abduction), but dad didn't know it ... at first. It was later discovered that the message was from the day before she disappeared. Could this be the tip that led police to believe that the girls were still alive? Maybe.

After that one statement, where FBI said they believed the girls were alive ... which was made about 8 days after the girls disappeared, it has not been repeated. I suspect that the tip did not pan out.
    BBM

IIRC == it was based on 'physical evidence'?
    MOO

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jax49 For This Useful Post:

The parents' former drug/crime problems definitely mean that there may be people in their pasts with motive to kidnap the girls - to shut them up, or to try to force them back into association with a drug enterprise.

It's possible that this is one reason they have not had an even higher media profile. Cops or attorneys may be coaching them carefully about what to say and do.

I do know of a drug user who had her child kidnapped and held when she owed her dealer money. When she paid, she got the girl back.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dovebar For This Useful Post:

Well, I was hoping I'd come back from my weekend visit with relatives to find some good news...heck any news. It is frustrating to be so far away physically and want to do more to help find these girls! I'd love to be doing some covert ops or "interviewing" POI. All I can do from where I am now is pray, speculate, formulate ideas from the info we have. My little girl is upset that I won't let her go play in the wooded area out back alone. I could not bear being in the position these girls' parents are. My heart is with the families and community.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thespyma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 123ABC View Post
    Re :Pic of Biker.. Why is he wearing gloves on hot day?? jus sayin... kidding I think People bike all the time around here never seen gloves must be an advid biker I guess ..:0 Is he the one that propped bikes up against fence ?? Or were they always like in first place . I dont think girls biking would leave theyr bikes in path unless in a hurry Im sure I read somewher at one point they were laying in the path and a Biker had to swerve to miss something to the sorts then next moment read leaning against fence. Im going with the first I ever read in the beginning of this (biker had to swerve) and then the latter came someone proped up against fence.
    I have seen bicycle riders on the hottest days on the side of highways and I believe it is to keep a better grip on the handles of the bike due to sweat, but just imo.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to roseofsharon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nikb View Post
    I'm catching up... and yeah I'd love to know more about interests, habits, quirks, etc. Tlcox a few threads ago did post what little we know that's been released and I greatly appreciated it: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10.

As far as schools, IIRC Lyric's school was mentioned and Elizabeth was homeschooled for awhile, then started going to public school this year. It's briefly mentioned in the above post. Nothing's ever been said about bullying.
    Thank you! Yes, Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by voxrock2000 View Post
    I do have a feeling that someone involved is posting here from reading between the lines and plus i have had some dreams about it too. May not be the perp per say, but someone with some inside knowledge and maybe a guilty conscience.

For the record it aint me... I am 631 miles away and my days (and nights) are accounted for! But i am done posting theories on this case. I think LE has a good bead on this one and its only a matter of time. Gonna watch the nascar race instead. Woo hoo.
    I agree with you that someone who is in the know and close to the situation is probably reading these posts. I would bet they are not registered but guest lurkers or if registered are just lurking. They would not want to be noticed. If they did register it may be because they want to say something but are afraid of consequences to themselves or someone close to them.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thespyma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thespyma View Post
    I agree with you that someone who is in the know and close to the situation is probably reading these posts. I would bet they are not registered but guest lurkers or if registered are just lurking. They would not want to be noticed. If they did register it may be because they want to say something but are afraid of consequences to themselves or someone close to them.
    I would agree, but is this forum (Websleuth) a popular forum that people would know of? I just happened to come across it myself.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cindersoot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cindersoot View Post
    I would agree, but is this forum (Websleuth) a popular forum that people would know of? I just happened to come across it myself.
    It pulls up if you're searching (google) specific names used on here.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jacy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jacy View Post
    Elizabeth is homeschooled. Lyric's school is on Hollye's map, if you want to know the name & location.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MotherOcean For This Useful Post:

Page 50 of 89 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast