Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 366
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,483
    Would JH have been considered somewhat a "freshmen" at school considering this being his first year at this school?

    I only ask b/c last year when my daughter was at first year, she had an advisor that she had to talk to every couple of weeks. It was just to make sure she was OKAY and not having any problems with school. I know at her school it is required for 1st years to take a class on college life and adjusting. They talk about depression, suicide, class stress, teacher stress, etc... Even if other kids transfer in from other states or at different levels of studies, they are all required to take that class. I wonder if JH's college required a class like that?

    I do wonder why the college felt the need to completely scrub their web site?

    I don't know how I feel about the the dr. yet. I wonder what she knew and what she reported? I also wonder if their were to many chiefs at the college? You know.....you have to work up the chain of command.....tell so and so....and they tell so and so. (I've had a few jobs like that. You tell lower so and so and the problem never gets fixed)

    If JH drops out, does that release the school from any responsibility? I would say it depends on what exactly the school knew about JH.


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rollinginit For This Useful Post:


  3. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Good point, February about the patient confidentiality with regards to the other members of the BETA team. Very good point!

    Regarding your ETA comment, this is the problem with only being able to post a partial c/p from sites (I'm not sure whether UC pages are even copyrighted info) ... then when they later get altered or deleted, we have no way to know for sure.
    Maybe some are not even entitled to hear it so we got this new statement from Carrigan :


    Michael Carrigan, chairman of the CU board of regents, told KMGH he did not know if Holmes had ever been discussed by the BETA team.

    Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz22Zl7AP4t


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

    Liz

  5. #93
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,449
    Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    Maybe some are not even entitled to hear it so we got this new statement from Carrigan :


    Michael Carrigan, chairman of the CU board of regents, told KMGH he did not know if Holmes had ever been discussed by the BETA team.


    Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz22Zl7AP4t
    Just from reading your quote, I'm already shaking my head. I don't trust that guy, as far as I can see him. And I'm totally unable to see him. lol (as referenced in my post in the Conflicting Reports thread)
    Last edited by KateB; 06-21-2015 at 01:19 AM. Reason: repair url tag.


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:


  7. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Just from reading your quote, I'm already shaking my head. I don't trust that guy, as far as I can see him. And I'm totally unable to see him. lol
    LOL... i see him from your post on that conflicting reports
    That's funny !


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

    Liz

  9. #95
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,449
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post
    Would JH have been considered somewhat a "freshmen" at school considering this being his first year at this school?

    I only ask b/c last year when my daughter was at first year, she had an advisor that she had to talk to every couple of weeks. It was just to make sure she was OKAY and not having any problems with school. I know at her school it is required for 1st years to take a class on college life and adjusting. They talk about depression, suicide, class stress, teacher stress, etc... Even if other kids transfer in from other states or at different levels of studies, they are all required to take that class. I wonder if JH's college required a class like that?

    I do wonder why the college felt the need to completely scrub their web site?

    I don't know how I feel about the the dr. yet. I wonder what she knew and what she reported? I also wonder if their were to many chiefs at the college? You know.....you have to work up the chain of command.....tell so and so....and they tell so and so. (I've had a few jobs like that. You tell lower so and so and the problem never gets fixed)

    If JH drops out, does that release the school from any responsibility? I would say it depends on what exactly the school knew about JH.
    Moved my reply over to:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=1#post8227705
    Last edited by Liz; 08-04-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I replied in wrong thread; moved to right thread. I think.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:


  11. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    BBM
    It also says -

    "But sources familiar with the investigation told CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia that officials at the University of Colorado never contacted Aurora police with Fentonís concerns before the July 20 killings."

    "Sources said when Holmes withdrew, the BETA team ďhad no control over him" and ended its review, when Holmes dropped out of school on July 10."

    "Chancellor Donald Elliman said the school is committed to evaluating every step in the process to ensure it worked."

    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...41/detail.html
    I thought he dropped out in June right after his oral exam. Maybe we need a reliable timeline, if that's even possible.


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  13. #97
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,449
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I thought he dropped out in June right after his oral exam. Maybe we need a reliable timeline, if that's even possible.
    I read that article yesterday and notified that news station last night about their "July" error. Time flies so fast, it's hard to keep up. (Oops upon clicking, that is not who I contacted last night. But it's the same error!)

    As for the timeline, we don't have a whole lot of concrete dates to go by, but I've began to keep one.


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:


  15. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,469
    Robert (Bob) N. Miller

    Robert Miller has over 45 years of experience in complex commercial litigation and white collar crime. As the former United States Attorney for the District of Colorado, and as a former Colorado District Attorney, he has extensive experience in representing companies, board members, officers and individuals in connection with investigations by federal and state prosecutors. He also routinely conducts internal investigations and advises companies on compliance programs. He has represented many public and private companies, officers, board members and individuals in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation. He is also a panel member for the American Arbitration Association.
    http://www.perkinscoie.com/rmiller/


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  17. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    922
    Withdrawal from the University
    To withdraw from the University of Colorado Denver, students must drop all courses for the semester. Prior to census (see current academic calendar for census date), students must use the Web registration system (SMART) to drop courses. Courses dropped during this period are not recorded on the studentís permanent record.

    After the census date (see current academic calendar for census date), through the 10th week (fifth week for summer) students must submit a withdrawal form with the approval of the dean and the Office of Financial Aid. Courses dropped during this period will be recorded on the studentís permanent record with a grade of W.

    Students seeking to withdraw after the 10th week (fifth week for summer) must petition the associate dean of their school or college. A student who stops attending classes without officially withdrawing from the university will receive grades of F for all course work during that term.

    Deadlines for dropping module and intensive courses appear in the Web Schedule Planner.
    http://catalog.ucdenver.edu/content....=25#withdrawal

    Just FYI only above..


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to February For This Useful Post:


  19. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    922
    By the way, who process school withdrawal on a SUNDAY?...




  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:


  21. #101
    Liz's Avatar
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northwest
    Posts
    25,449
    Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    By the way, who process school withdrawal on a SUNDAY?...


    Also of note ... how most of the articles that I've read stated it as, "JH was going through the process of withdrawing". That seems to me as if the university officials didn't wish to provide a clear date. How was he going through the process if he hadn't even provided a reason why. Or if he had just dropped out.

    The only clear date I've seen, regarding his withdrawing from school (and I'd probably have to search for it), was that JH was no longer allowed access to the secured buildings as of June 12th.

    Gotta run. My hinky alarm is going off, again. JMO


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:


  23. #102
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    922
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post


    Also of note ... how most of the articles that I've read stated it as, "JH was going through the process of withdrawing". That seems to me as if the university officials didn't wish to provide a clear date. How was he going through the process if he hadn't even provided a reason why. Or if he had just dropped out.

    The only clear date I've seen, regarding his withdrawing from school (and I'd probably have to search for it), was that JH was no longer allowed access to the secured buildings as of June 12th.

    Gotta run. My hinky alarm is going off, again. JMO
    But on June 10 -- three days after Holmes bought an assault weapon and added it to his already growing arsenal -- he suddenly told the university that he was dropping out of the neurosciences doctoral program with no explanation.

    http://news.yahoo.com/psychiatrist-c...opstories.html

    My calendar says June 10 is Sunday


  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:


  25. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,167
    Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    Miller's involvement was requested by University of Colorado Denver Chancellor Donald M. Elliman, Jr. and Executive Vice Chancellor for the Anschutz Medical Campus Lilly Marks.

    http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ater-shootings

    maybe this is just their preparation of a possible lawsuit against the university. IMO
    So far I see conflict of interest in Miller's involvment.
    If I am wrong - we shall see.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

    We're flexible like that.


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:


  27. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    But on June 10 -- three days after Holmes bought an assault weapon and added it to his already growing arsenal -- he suddenly told the university that he was dropping out of the neurosciences doctoral program with no explanation.

    http://news.yahoo.com/psychiatrist-c...opstories.html

    My calendar says June 10 is Sunday
    Anyone else wondering if the dropping out wasn't so sudden and mysterious? Maybe there was no explanation because everyone knew why. Was everyone just relieved that he was dropping out (the professor having beer with his students to tell them JH is gone)--maybe they were subtily trying to get him to leave. (The BETA call and a failed oral exam, and then he "drops out")


  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeadCat For This Useful Post:


  29. #105
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    22,261
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCat View Post
    Anyone else wondering if the dropping out wasn't so sudden and mysterious? Maybe there was no explanation because everyone knew why. Was everyone just relieved that he was dropping out (the professor having beer with his students to tell them JH is gone)--maybe they were subtily trying to get him to leave. (The BETA call and a failed oral exam, and then he "drops out")
    What if they did? I have no clue what is behind the logic that everyone should have tried to keep this guy around? Does that mean they knew he was going to be accused of killing 12 people? People do drop out of graduate school. A vast majority of them don't kill anyone.
    Last edited by jjenny; 08-04-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Just my opinion


  30. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Threat detected?
    By Kitty Kat in forum Forum Finesse
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 05:28 PM
  2. University of Utah Hospital receives bomb threat
    By NewMommy09 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 09:49 AM
  3. Flyer Posted At Oklahoma University: Prank Or Serious Threat?
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •