MD MD - Tristan Courtland Turner, 22, Montgomery Village, Aug 2005

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting a thread per request of a newbie who doesn't yet have thread starting capabilities.

Tristan Courtland Turner

turner_tristan.jpg
turner_tristan2.jpg

Above Images: Turner, circa 2005

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 20, 2005 from Montgomery Village, Maryland
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: July 4, 1983
Height and Weight: 6'0, 185 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Turner has the following tattoos: a gun on his right ankle, a gun on his left forearm and a skull on the underside of his right forearm.

Details of Disappearance

Turner was last seen in Montgomery Village, Maryland on August 20, 2005. He left home to travel to Baltimore, Maryland and never returned. He was driving a borrowed black 2002 Honda Del Sol with Maryland license plates at the time of his disappearance. Turner has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Links:

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/turner_tristan.html
NamUs https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8254/14
NAMPN http://www.nampn.org/cases/turner_tristan.html

Could the Mecklenburg John Doe be Tristan Turner? The Doe was found in in 2008 but the PMI was estimated to be about 2005. Not much to go on but the time is good. He told his family he was going to Baltimore, about an hour from his home. Maybe he made a trip six hours south down south and got in trouble with some bad people. The unidentified man was found in a remote area behind the Charlotte airport. The DNA Doe Project is researching now, so we may know soon. Mecklenburg John Doe 2008 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Could the Mecklenburg John Doe be Tristan Turner? The Doe was found in in 2008 but the PMI was estimated to be about 2005. Not much to go on but the time is good. He told his family he was going to Baltimore, about an hour from his home. Maybe he made a trip six hours south down south and got in trouble with some bad people. The unidentified man was found in a remote area behind the Charlotte airport. The DNA Doe Project is researching now, so we may know soon. Mecklenburg John Doe 2008 - DNA Doe Project Cases

I looked at the Mecklenburg Doe's DNA. It shows he's mostly AmerIndinan. I don't know Tristan's DNA story but, he doesn't look like that profile would fit him.

I looked at the Mecklenburg Doe's DNA. It shows he's mostly AmerIndinan. I don't know Tristan's DNA story but, he doesn't look like that profile would fit him.
Yes, I recently saw that too. That probably rules Tristan out. How about Jose Espinoza, missing from Charlotte, NC since 2003? He has no rule outs on Namus. This makes more sense DNA wise and a lot more sense as far as circumstances.
4963DMNC - Jose Espinoza

MODERATOR NOTE:

If you are a member of Websleuths, you AGREED to follow the Terms of Service when you joined. Websleuths is intentionally strict about being fact-based and victim-friendly. UNLESS a member has been approved as a Verified Insider, they may NOT post inside information. Anyone can post ANYthing on most other places on the internet. Not here. We are dedicated to protecting the victims of cases here by substantiating everything that is posted here. The Verified Insider process is part of that, and we stand by it. If a member follows the process, AND is substantiated to actually have inside knowledge, they will be approved as a VI. It is not difficult, and our VI coordinator is very prompt. If a member bashes the process and the Websleuths’ rules, that violates the rules you agreed to, and it is an indication that Websleuths might not be a fit for you.

Other members who quote/respond to/post questions for to someone who has not been approved as a VI are also in violation. They are repeating/perpetuating posts that aren’t in line with the TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined.

MODERATOR NOTE:

If you are a member of Websleuths, you AGREED to follow the Terms of Service when you joined. Websleuths is intentionally strict about being fact-based and victim-friendly. UNLESS a member has been approved as a Verified Insider, they may NOT post inside information. Anyone can post ANYthing on most other places on the internet. Not here. We are dedicated to protecting the victims of cases here by substantiating everything that is posted here. The Verified Insider process is part of that, and we stand by it. If a member follows the process, AND is substantiated to actually have inside knowledge, they will be approved as a VI. It is not difficult, and our VI coordinator is very prompt. If a member bashes the process and the Websleuths’ rules, that violates the rules you agreed to, and it is an indication that Websleuths might not be a fit for you.

Other members who quote/respond to/post questions for to someone who has not been approved as a VI are also in violation. They are repeating/perpetuating posts that aren’t in line with the TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post according to the TOS we all agreed to when we joined.
Oh gosh I apologize, i registered at work and did not read the terms. I should've! That was my stupid mistake. Thank you for deleting it. <modsnip> He left the morning of 08/20 and never came back. We are still puzzled as of where he went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its so odd to see this mugshot, as far as i knew he only got into trouble in MD. if he was in TX after the disappearance date, then this will give us some peace of mind. I hope he is OK and alive, living elsewhere.
I looked him up based on the mugshot and found two cases from Harris County, TX. They're from 2003 and 2004. A Maryland state case search gives a 2006 incident with his name and LKA in Montgomery Village. This might just be a case of someone not wanting to be found.

A Google Search shows someone using that name with about the same age living in Maryland right now with a Harris County, TX phone number. I'm hesitant to believe it's that simple of a find, but hey...maybe it is.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back