Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Yes, they usually have it in buns or pony tails so it doesn't get in their face while they are performing. My daughter's ballet teacher required buns for dance class.
    My DD's dance teacher also requires hair pulled back. She says you are not "serious" about dance unless your hair is pulled back. How could someone do gymnastics with their hair flying around?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    No spoiler, I promise, for those of you who have yet to see Gabby compete in the Individual Uneven Bars competition. Douglas wears a spectacular silver metallic leotard!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Like what's important about a gold medalist is her HAIR?
    -Beth In Alaska

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

I keep hearing about this and, for the life of me, I still can't figure out what's wrong with her hair. And now that she's made American sports history, why are we even looking?

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Lauren Scruggs: "learning to live by faith, not by sight"

Gabby & fellow inspiration Lauren Scruggs got to meet each other.

The interview took place in London's Olympic Village, where Scruggs said she was taking strength from the Games and the perseverance of the athletes. Asked to single out a particular Olympian, Scurggs mentioned all-around gold-medal gymnast Gabby Douglas who suddenly appeared on camera to give a surprised Scruggs a hug.

"This means so much to me," Douglas, 16, said of Scruggs's comments. (Scruggs had just said of Gabby: "Her style is so sweet.)

"Keep staying strong," Douglas told her. "Keep smiling,"
    link

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seek&Find For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    You can be sure that if a woman is in the spotlight, someone will bring up her appearance. No matter how great her achievements, how hard she works, it will happen.

Secretary of State? Never mind that, she looks awful! And besides, we like her husband better!

Previous secretary of State? She always looks mad! But hey guys, I'd "do her", wouldn't you?!

Former Attorney General? Hah, she looks like a man!

Olympic medalist? Who cares, her hair looks terrible!

Oscar-winning actress? We don't want to see her, she is too old now!

Disgusting. And yes, it is a form of bullying.
    Just hitting the "thanks" button wasn't enough to respond appropriately to this excellent post. You totally hit the proverbial nail on the head! Sad...
    "Sickness is a condition; evil is a behavior. And when we excuse pedophiles on grounds that they are sick, we allow them to prey on kids more."
    ~ Andrew Vachss

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GarAndTeed For This Useful Post:

I didn't hear about the hair. I am aware though that some 'talk show' host has been criticizing her for not being more 'patriotic' in her attire. Seems some folks think all our USA contestants should have the stars and stripes all over their outfits. Ridiculous..
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Snick1946 For This Useful Post:

exactly....who the hell was looking at her hair? shes a pretty girl and an incredible gymnast...jealous i guess gabby rocks!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resqx For This Useful Post:

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    I didn't hear about the hair. I am aware though that some 'talk show' host has been criticizing her for not being more 'patriotic' in her attire. Seems some folks think all our USA contestants should have the stars and stripes all over their outfits. Ridiculous..
    Well, I am puzzled by whomever chose the pink leotards for Team USA, pretty as they were, I can at least understand a solid color- red, white, or blue...
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2