945 users online (153 members and 792 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    9,324
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.
    It may look like this .


    The T Trac XS portable gps tracker provides reliable information and a long battery life. Widely used by law enforcement, this gps vehicle locator can be used for covert vehicle tracking. The T Trac XS GPS personal tracking device is probably the most widely used portable tracking device used by law enforcement and private investigators.
    I would imagine if BSL would have put his truck on a lift and looked good, he would have found it. A quick look under the rear bumper would not be good enough in my opinion.

    http://www.the-portable-gps.com/port...s-tracker.html
    Last edited by RANCH; 08-04-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add link

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    I'm sure it is. Thanks! I was stuck thinking on some 'youth center' that made no sense at all.
    I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,650
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsthatnoise View Post
    John R Young Chevrolet is in Eunice. A car dealership. That's all I got as my best guess. Also there is a person's statement they have for "Dw B". This person works at/owns a body shop in same area. I hope its ok to list this name, as its on the court document for all to see.
    I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.
    Thanks for clarifying. Is is okay that I listed the name of the car dealership? Still learning the rules.
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,736
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsthatnoise View Post
    I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.
    That makes sense. The pictures had not been released yet on May 24th and he wasn't shopping for the new truck yet.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,650
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsthatnoise View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Is is okay that I listed the name of the car dealership? Still learning the rules.
    At this point, business names are okay.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    At this point, business names are okay.
    Thanks. I'm a local, but don't wanna go through that verified process because I simply don't have the time to dedicate to this stuff on a normal type basis, but with that said, I'm free right now and will be glad to look up any other of the initials for the listed businesses. Look at JRYC on the map compared to where BSL lived. Its on highway 190, which is a way he would have passed daily to get home. I'm betting he might have gone to the parts department there or the collision center to get an estimate of repairs. Its just too glaring... I also wonder why he wouldn't have gotten the repairs there or the new vehicle there, instead went to DW in Lafayette
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    143
    I've come up with one of the business names listed on the recent court document. "JRYC" is John R Young Chevrolet in Eunice, LA. Apparently Don's Wholesale isn't the only dealership he visited. JRYC is close to his former residence
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.
    I know someone who has tracking devices on their company trucks. The employees don't know about it.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    2,237
    I wonder where he cleaned his truck out? If it was at home, maybe there's DNA on the hose? I'm sure CSI took any hoses while searching his trailer, right? How do you even go about washing so much blood? His finger alone had to have made a mess. I'm assuming most of the crimes took place in his truck because he felt the need to torch his truck??

    We know that it was clean on May 24th when he went to JRYC in Eunice.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In my treehouse, empty nesting.
    Posts
    12,854
    Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    I wonder where he cleaned his truck out? If it was at home, maybe there's DNA on the hose? I'm sure CSI took any hoses while searching his trailer, right? How do you even go about washing so much blood? His finger alone had to have made a mess. I'm assuming most of the crimes took place in his truck because he felt the need to torch his truck??

    We know that it was clean on May 24th when he went to JRYC in Eunice.
    IMO he just went there to find "listings" in the area... he wanted to know who had "DWTs" similar to what he owned on their lots... just to be "fer sure, fer sure" before he torched his...
    moo
    ~ my opinion only

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2


Similar Threads

  1. Vehicles
    By kemo in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 04-22-2017, 05:29 PM
  2. Vehicles
    By Virgogalsue in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
  3. JAG vehicles
    By marieblasdell in forum Chelsea King
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-20-2010, 03:41 AM
  4. Vehicles owned or used by Garrido
    By JDB in forum Jaycee Lee Dugard
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 12:56 AM

Tags for this Thread