945 users online (153 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.
    It may look like this .

The T Trac XS portable gps tracker provides reliable information and a long battery life. Widely used by law enforcement, this gps vehicle locator can be used for covert vehicle tracking. The T Trac XS GPS personal tracking device is probably the most widely used portable tracking device used by law enforcement and private investigators.
    I would imagine if BSL would have put his truck on a lift and looked good, he would have found it. A quick look under the rear bumper would not be good enough in my opinion.

http://www.the-portable-gps.com/port...s-tracker.html
    Last edited by RANCH; 08-04-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    I'm sure it is. Thanks! I was stuck thinking on some 'youth center' that made no sense at all.
    I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.
    Exercise your 1st amendment right, don't abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsthatnoise View Post
    John R Young Chevrolet is in Eunice. A car dealership. That's all I got as my best guess. Also there is a person's statement they have for "Dw B". This person works at/owns a body shop in same area. I hope its ok to list this name, as its on the court document for all to see.
    I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I snipped the name to initials in your post. It's true the names are listed in the documents. We still want to respect their privacy. It's a google world, and it's not fair to a person who might have only encountered BSL in a passive way to have his name forever linked with a murder investigation.
    Thanks for clarifying. Is is okay that I listed the name of the car dealership? Still learning the rules.

I must be tired. For those who don't know, Eunice LA is close to where BSL lived. It just jumped at me when I saw JRYC cause I used to go to Eunice often many years ago and passed the place many times. I can't see the initials being for any other place of business. And the DB reference I made wasn't listed as a statement from this person, but as a "permission to search" and its listed twice so does that mean they searched twice or this was possibly a typo. I wonder if he tried to get the truck repaired then decided his best bet would be to torch it.
    That makes sense. The pictures had not been released yet on May 24th and he wasn't shopping for the new truck yet.

Thanks for clarifying. Is is okay that I listed the name of the car dealership? Still learning the rules.
    At this point, business names are okay.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    At this point, business names are okay.
    Thanks. I'm a local, but don't wanna go through that verified process because I simply don't have the time to dedicate to this stuff on a normal type basis, but with that said, I'm free right now and will be glad to look up any other of the initials for the listed businesses. Look at JRYC on the map compared to where BSL lived. Its on highway 190, which is a way he would have passed daily to get home. I'm betting he might have gone to the parts department there or the collision center to get an estimate of repairs. Its just too glaring... I also wonder why he wouldn't have gotten the repairs there or the new vehicle there, instead went to DW in Lafayette

I've come up with one of the business names listed on the recent court document. "JRYC" is John R Young Chevrolet in Eunice, LA. Apparently Don's Wholesale isn't the only dealership he visited. JRYC is close to his former residence

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Kind of an off the wall question, but has anyone ever seen a tracking device like LE would put on a vehicle? I am sure LE doesnt put a note on the windshield that says "hey, we're tracking you", but if a suspect were to look for one, would it be terribly difficult to find? If I am not mistaken, in the Sierra LaMar case, Antolin Garcia's mom said that he knew that one had been placed on his car. I think the fact that he apparently was looking for one speaks volumes, btw. Anyway, was BSL so cocky as to not even check his vehicle for one, or are they really that difficult to spot? And yes, I would assume they would be placed on the underside of a vehicle, but as a mechanic, I would think he would recognize something that didnt belong there if he bothered to look.
    I know someone who has tracking devices on their company trucks. The employees don't know about it.

I wonder where he cleaned his truck out? If it was at home, maybe there's DNA on the hose? I'm sure CSI took any hoses while searching his trailer, right? How do you even go about washing so much blood? His finger alone had to have made a mess. I'm assuming most of the crimes took place in his truck because he felt the need to torch his truck??

We know that it was clean on May 24th when he went to JRYC in Eunice.

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    I wonder where he cleaned his truck out? If it was at home, maybe there's DNA on the hose? I'm sure CSI took any hoses while searching his trailer, right? How do you even go about washing so much blood? His finger alone had to have made a mess. I'm assuming most of the crimes took place in his truck because he felt the need to torch his truck??

We know that it was clean on May 24th when he went to JRYC in Eunice.
    IMO he just went there to find "listings" in the area... he wanted to know who had "DWTs" similar to what he owned on their lots... just to be "fer sure, fer sure" before he torched his...
    moo
    ~ my opinion only

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2