GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is so beautiful. In the first picture, she looks like a young school girl. In the 2nd, she looks much older.

Hopefully she is found safe soon.

The report says that she didn't have her travel card... I assume that is a card that allows her to travel on the bus/train/tube system?

I guess they are just searching areas where they know she goes but if you got on a bus at New Addington to go to the Whitgift Centre in Croydon you would not go through Coulsdon. Mitcham and Wimbledon are nearer London so again you would go into central Croydon to get there. You would need to get to the centre of Croydon and get a bus there. To get to the Whitgift from New Addington you need a bus. If she got to Croydon surely some one has seen her on the bus or at the bus stop? I don't know if the buses there have surveillance or not but it is possible. They are saying no footage found. I think there is a fair bit of woodland round New Addington. I am also not sure but I think the tram line goes out there as well. It is not likely a girl as young as that would be inconspicious on the tram as you kind of face other people.

Most people use a think called an Oyster card that they top up. She did not have a pass at all. That is odd - if you were going into Croydon you would use one, usually, I think (though maybe there is nothing in that at all.)

Does bandeau top mean something different in the UK than it does here?
She is cute and I really hope she is just lost or off with a friend or something.

Tia's story has just been on the national bbc news I'm glad she is getting coverage.

Is she really 4'5"? That is only five inches taller than my seven year old.

Thanks-when someone says bandeau top I think of something like this-
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Luc...Greenwich-Café-Bandeau-Top-LBW01767_468_1.jpg
I see girls wear that with jeans or a short skirt and it seemed a bit sexy for a 12 year old, but it was sort of a duh moment because I know they make them in less skimpy fashions (though you wouldn't know it from the girls I see :p ) and since she is tiny I am sure it covers more than a full grown adult.

However, it is neither here nor there because it has nothing to do with why she is missing :( Still praying for her and her family.

The report says that she didn't have her travel card... I assume that is a card that allows her to travel on the bus/train/tube system?

Yes it is. Most people would have one. I would have thought she would take it to get to Croydon.

Does bandeau top mean something different in the UK than it does here?
She is cute and I really hope she is just lost or off with a friend or something.

Bandeau here is a kind of headband -for the hair.

Most of the news reports say she was wearing a yellow T shirt. I guess it could be a short kind of T shirt but I suspect that it is just an ordinary T shirt though usually these days unless short they have writing on.

One of the posts on the fb page suggests that there was a man trying to abduct a girl in another part of New Addington. An attempt to abduct a 12 year old called Morgan from the Milne Park shops in New Addington was made. The girl got away and ran into a shop and the shopkeeper called the police. Looking at the profile of the person who made the post it looks to me like a true report. (From the mum of one of Morgan's friends.) Apparently this was in a different part of New Addington but a man in a car is not likely to have problems going from one part to another.

I don't know what the fare would be for a twelve year old but £10 would probably cover it and some cheap flip flops from Primark. However that lack of Oyster card bugs me because it would be unusual not to take it -unless you were getting a lift........

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...docId=CNG.10ab554f47cde815049e86198d163c9b.d1

This has slightly more info. I think that bandeau is actually the way the top is formed and can be long or shorter.

I am suspicious. A 12 year old leaves the house to go to a place she can only get to on a bus without either her bus card (the Oyster card) OR her mobile phone? Kids don't usually go far without one attached to them! Surely she took a bag of some sort or a purse to keep money in (purse here is a thing for money not an american purse which is our 'handbag'? Kids rarely go anywhere without a phone and if it was me and my kid was going to town alone I would want to be sure she had it.

However families are different. It is not actually that unusual here for 12 year olds to go to town alone and possibly she did leave those things but the thing really to find out is if there was money on the Oyster card. (Though why not then top up the card? I think it is cheaper to do that.)

Just a thought. If you were running away then both the mobile phone signal and the Oyster card would track you...Leaving them behind makes sense with that scenario.

New Addington is quite a way from Croydon but the trams are quick....

Theres just been a short snippit about this on The Wright Stuff,i only caught a bit of it but theyre saying police think shes been abducted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff