WI - Six killed, 4 injured in Sikh temple shooting, Oak Creek, 5 Aug 2012

Two shooters are possibly still inside with children as hostages, according to someone who sent a text message to a Journal Sentinel reporter.
12:06 P.M. CDT Journal Sentinel update; one can follow updates via link in IP above.

Just saw this and my stomach is turning. These mass shootings are so terrifying. I hate thinking of people being somewhere they feel safe and comfortable and then being faced with this kind of violence. Praying for the best possible outcome, whatever that may be.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16933779

According to information broadcast over police radio a witness to the shooting told law enforcement the shooter was a white male, bald, with a heavy build. He was wearing a sleeveless Tshirt, according to Oak Creek Patch. He was last seen with two handguns.

NewsHub ‏@NewsHub
RT @herzogjs: #sikhtemple SWAT team preparing to go inside temple now. Children hostages in basement
NewsHub ‏@NewsHub
Brookfield police rushing to Sikh Temple in their city as a precaution after shootings at Oak Creek temple. #templeshooting

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/05/breaking-reports-of-shooting-at-sikh-temple/

a6937821-ab6e-0c12.jpg

I've got the local news on.

2 males injured, one in icu.

routine Sunday service, people start to gather as early as 5 a.m., most people arrive around 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. One witness says he saw some people he knew that were inside during the shooting outside now. Some have been evacuated. Swat team has shot one or more people.

I've got the local news on.

2 males injured, one in icu.

routine Sunday service, people start to gather as early as 5 a.m., most people arrive around 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. One witness says he saw some people he knew that were inside during the shooting outside now. Some have been evacuated. Swat team has shot one or more people.

could you please link to a local station?

News team is closer to this shooting than they usually are during this type of incident. News can't see the swat team people or fire, etc., but they can see some people who are walking away. People are getting texts from people inside.

Witness saw two people shot in the parking lot. Then the gunmen (man?) went into the building. The witness drove away.

Interviewee said that the temple isn't very busy at the time the shooting happened.

Witness described just one shooter, according to the person being interviewed, who is not the witness.

There has been no official word of anything about the shooting or aftermath.

News station says they've got lots of unofficial information, but they don't have any official information. They hear that there are still hostages.

FOX.com has it now.

There are reports of multiple shooters,but aren't there always?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back