1552 users online (254 members and 1298 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    I agree. And if that time stamp was slow by 8 minutes then they were really seen on Cctv at 12:19. Then it would be impossible for TG to see their bikes on the path at 12:20. So either TG saw different bikes or it is not the girls on Cctv.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Or they were riding different bikes on Cctv than those chunked down at the lake. MOO (That would only work if family was involved.)

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    The drainage pipe is under water at times, as there are aerial photos showing that it is under water. The drainage-pipe/rocky-area is barely visible two days after draining the lake. I don't think we can assume that the drainage pipe was fully visible 20 feet into the lake at the time of the abduction.
    Here is an image before the lake was drained. Uploaded originally on WS by someone else on July 14th. We can see that the pipe is visible and we can also see that even BEFORE the lake was starting to be drained, there was a shoreline that could be walked on to the east.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    Or they were riding different bikes on Cctv than those chunked down at the lake. MOO (That would only work if family was involved.)

Isn't the family accounted for ... either at work, or with family?

Hi everyone! I am new to signing in! My name is Julie, and I am not a creeper! I have been following this case from the beginning and I have read every post. I came here from following the Lisa Irwin case which is very close to where I live.

Anyhoo. I just wonder if the perp had met the girls earlier in the morning and found out they planned on going to Meyers lake. Then he/they took bikes and staged them at the gate and when TG rode by he did see 2 bikes there and later the girls come by and then they are grabbed and the perps bikes are removed and replaced by the the girls bikes against the fence. JMO

I am a slow typer!

Evansdale abduction on a Friday. Cedar Rapids on Weds, Colo and Slater on Weds. Indianola on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    Here is an image before the lake was drained. Uploaded originally on WS by someone else on July 14th. We can see that the pipe is visible and we can also see that even BEFORE the lake was starting to be drained, there was a shoreline that could be walked on to the east.
    Thank you ... if that was taken before the draining of the lake, the it doesn't look much different than 2 days after the draining started. The shore end of the drainage pipe appears to be visible, but it is nothing like the google earth maps which show the drainage pipe 20 feet into the lake. It also looks like there is plenty of room to walk along the shore towards Maiden Lane without getting tangled in weeds and shrubs.

So Otto...do you believe that LE interviewed and accused DM of being involved? Who do you believe? Who does LE believe? (not aiming to point the finger in any direction...I'm just saying one has to keep an open mind in this case, because things are unknown at this time)

Quote Originally Posted by cindersoot View Post
    Listen to this. Attempted abduction in Cedar rapids at 5:30pm. Attempted abduction Slater Iowa at 5:30pm. And now Indianola at 5:30pm. The Colo one was at 2:45pm. Evansdale 12 to 3pm.
    Indianola abduction was fabricated, so scratch that report.

Quote Originally Posted by palaminodee View Post
    Maybe that article has been updated, but now it says...

NOT REAL: Attempted Abduction Fabricated

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    You are correct about plumbing inside city limits, but there could be old tanks which were not dug up from before the area was plumbed. We have had cases before involving abandoned tanks which few people realized were ever there. MOO

I am still keeping our creeper camper and other "off the grid" RSOs in mind. Camping areas have septic tanks. Old vacant farm houses do too.

The immediate area of the lake has been pretty thoroughly searched, but I'm thinking we need to be looking for places not so far away which could be used to hide two bodies. The odds of the girls being alive are not good. (Even Elisabeth Smart, who was found alive, was taken by a drifter who lived in the woods.)
    Can I ask what has prompted the discussion about septic tanks? Was/is there a certain reason, or just random thoughts?

Beware of shiny objects...just sayin'.

Isn't the family accounted for ... either at work, or with family?
    I do not know that answer...(not accusing) we have not heard where numerous relatives were that day...eg: Aunt T, MCM's brother and gf and we have never heard for sure what time Misty checked out, was Dan really at home etc...?
    It's hard to say since the FBI has not ruled out anyone?

My theory has completely changed. Now I'm thinking that this is not someone local, but a traveling perp.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Staging, for me, means exactly that: the bikes were meant to be found at a location that would perplex investigators, take the investigation in the wrong direction and delay persuit of the perps. If the bikes were staged - and police believe this is a possibility - then it worked.

Can you explain which family member had the opportunity to stage the bikes? We know the children were riding their bikes at 12:15 near the Collin's home. All of the parents are accounted for at that time. They are accounted for between first announcement that the girls were missing and the discovery of the bikes. From my understanding, the parents are excluded from having anything to do with staging the bikes. That does not mean that criminals do not stage crime scenes to lead investigators in the wrong direction.
    My current theory does not involve the family, but was just wanting everyone's thoughts on the staging. Although, it would be possible that family or a family member would have "someones" assistance so it would make it harder to link back to them or family...and after they were seen on video. Again, I think the chances this happened are very small.

OK now, if it was staged by a random perp, then they would have to be a local pedo ....after a few of your thoughts, because if the perp just grabbed the girls to take further than E'Dale or Waterloo say, then they could be very far away by the time they were discovered missing....even within 15 minutes. So no need to throw the investigation off. Perp(s) lure girls at lake and off to oblivion. I'm going on thought they wouldn't need or want to take the time to throw off the investigation if they felt they would be long gone by the time of their missing was known. Just thinking on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    Girls were taken at the lake, walked along the edge of the lake back to Maiden Lane and then taken away. I can see it. And it would fit the timeline easily. The girls don't even have to have been taken by the time TG comes along. Anytime between 12:11 and when the girls were missed.

Thank you for bringing that pic back into the light of day, MNDad.
    There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
    There are known unknowns; there are things we know we don't know.
    There are unknown unknowns; there are things we don't know we don't know.
    And there are unknown knowns; there are things we don't know we know.

Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast